Why have the Boers never made it into a Civ game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the people who want the Boers and White Nationalist and the Boers? Not a glowing endorsement.
More anti-communist than White nationalist...
That's not his big handle of being known in most of Canada or the U.S., that I've heard and observed.
People know him as a warlord.

I argue yes. Not necessarily an in-depth "and here's a history of his reign" mind you; just a "and this guy existed", where the only thing that pops up on the exam is "Ashoka was emperor of A) India, B) China, C) Mongolia".
I guess I'm largely in agreement, though I would prefer a phrasing more along the lines of 'ideally a well rounded history education would cover ashoka.'
The problem with history is that it is so vast it is hard to cover all the key figures and events in a history education. Emphasis tends to get placed on more recent and local events to the detriment of events further away in distance and time. At least it did for me!

a lot of young White men living in Anglosphere countries are interested in South Africa and Rhodesia
Like ones that shoot up Black Baptist Churches in South Carolina. :(

I'm still waiting for him to blurt out that he'd like to see Jefferson Davis as an alternate American leader.
No, but I'd love to see the Confederacy as an official Civ, not just in the Civil War scenario.
Again, not his typical reputation he's attributed in most of Canada and the U.S.
Then what is his reputation in North America?
I guess I'm largely in agreement, though I would prefer a phrasing more along the lines of 'ideally a well rounded history education would cover ashoka.'
The problem with history is that it is so vast it is hard to cover all the key figures and events in a history education. Emphasis tends to get placed on more recent and local events to the detriment of events further away in distance and time. At least it did for me!
Ideally, a well-rounded history education would also cover Pretorius, Kruger, and Smuts, at the very least.
Like ones that shoot up Black Baptist Churches in South Carolina. :(
I abhor those actions, which make everyone with conservative views about ethnicity look bad by association. It's also a completely barbaric thing to do. When did the Confederate statues start coming down in the USA? Right after that shooting. It's not something I would ever do, endorse, or make excuses for someone who did it.

I think Henri Christophe has a very black-centric view of the world, similar to how I have a very Boer-centric (and to a lesser extent White-centric) view of the world. So in some ways, we are counterparts to each other. Horseshoe theory.
In that I agree, we are very opposite profiles in this forum.
I'm kind of a Black Panther guy and you are a Ku Klux Klan dude.

Well, at least you've finally managed to champion a civ idea that's even worse than the Boers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom