Why is the AI design so crude in VI?

halfhalfharp

Prince
I always feel that the AIs in VI are never acting to their agendas. These agendas are meant to shape their specific characteristics and enrich the game experience, but in most cases they fail to do so.The simple like-or-dislike mechanism is straight-foward. It sounds like playing with a bunch of robots (well they are robotic indeed) with 2 simple rules, than a well designed character. Moreover, even with the agendas, the AIs don't act with it.

e.g. Alexander that is always at peace, Gandhi that can be lured into joint wars, Victoria that never moves her settlers to your doorstep, Cyrus that like declaring formal wars.

Look back to V, the leaders all have their own set of loyalty, warmongering tolerance, deceptiveness, friendliness, etc. That gives an in depth shaping of their personalities, rather than just one or two agendas.

This effort certainly leaves a mark in everyone's memory: like the great back-stabbers (Dido, I am looking at you) , city spammers and those who can tolerate super warmongers. Different AIs have different focus and their own diplomatic trends. I feel a loss when the AIs level takes one step back in VI.

Spoiler You can see how complex it is in V :

I hope I am not the only one feeling this? It is really a drawback in AI design to equalize every leader apart from their agendas. Come on, Catherine de Medici. You surely like sth more than spies, maybe ... surprise war me next turn?

Last edited:
Top Bottom