Why making it that hard?

BurnPoodle

Chieftain
Is there anyone like me that thinks that the GOTM (for the first one on CIV 3) is to hard to start? I mean... Its something hard to do to win and to have a good score on an island map like this.

Burn Poodle...:mad:

I got used, abused, and tossed to the side also. I think Regent is a good level. It is the mid level after all.

...and we were talking about starting the Civ3 GOTM on Deity level... :lol:

I'm starting with a warlord game first, to get used to the game. Then I'll play the GOTM. ;)

(Edit: One guy makes his first post and three mods and the admin reply to it.) :eek:

I used to always play Civ1 on Chieftain level, because at the time I enjoyed games that were more relaxing than challenging.

Now, eight years later, I played my first Civ3 game on Chieftain also, and quickly found that the combat system worked a little different (duh). I stupidly didn't take much advantage of my CSAs though, until I realized that if I wanted to do well at all in the Prince-difficulty GOTM, I'd need to get into the habit of utilizing every advantage I possibly could.

And wow, the Immortals are pretty sweet in the ancient age. I mopped up the starting continent with them (although it did take four thousand years). :D

The GOTM is my first Civ3 game and although it isn't easy I think this difficulty level is optimal but the map was chosen not well (no river). I think the players who have won Civ2 on Emperior or Deity level without cheating will not have problem with Civ3's Regent level.

I normally play on Warlord...Prince was a challenge. This was too!

I got abused and disposed of just as JC was born. How was one to expand on that tiny lil spit of land anyway? The Aztecs were just too strong.

Do I have to wait for DEC 2 for some play-by-play analysis?

Now I know what my mistake was....!!

I'm not used to Militaristic folks. Peace, love, and money always worked for me!!

Guess I'll try again.....

The problem I meant isnt the difficulty level but it was the map chosen! ... I am really having a hard time doing something good with the corruption problem...

With the skinny land around your capital, and the Persians this GOTM screems of despotic conquest. If I would have realized it earlier I probably could have won earlier - but this isn't the type of win I like in Civ. As it was I dominated by 860AD and had a score over 3000.
Those immortals without the good defensive Greeks or Roman specials to worry about made the game too easy IMHO. Crack the whip spit out another immortarobocop :scan: and roll over the other 4 civs. The Babas were nice enough to build the GL for me so that wiping out the Amis and Iroq was pretty easy as well - just swim across the channel in pairs on galleys and roll across the island.

I may restart and try to just take over the Aztec capital and build a FP there and see if I can have a more "civilized" game/win with much fewer, better cities. I'll wipe out the Aztecs, babas and zulus on the main island - but raze their cities instead of taking them over:lol: muhoohoohaahaa.

Top Bottom