Why my worker is able to build other civs specific improvements?

Fabiano79

Prince
It has been a long time since I played Civ 6 for the last time and Im finding odd that I can now build other civilizations improvements. For example, in this game Im playing as Japan and my workers can build Moai and Mahavihara. Why is that?

Attachments

• Sem título.jpg
    Sem título.jpg
    798.1 KB · Views: 104
Are you the Suzerain of both Rapa Nui and Nalanda? Those are Improvements you can build if you are Suzerain of certain City-States.

If it's Moai and Mahavihara, then that's because you're suzerain of the city states that get those improvements. Whenever a city state has a unique improvement, the bonus you get for being its suzerain is being able to build the improvement yourself

These are city-state improvements. You are the suzerain of (checks notes) Rapa Nui and Nalanda, no?
He is indeed Suzerain of both City-States.

*Goes full Sherlock* If you look at the provided screenshot, to the north of Sendai there is a Quadrireme belonging to a Scientific City-State. You can see the Tiles around it without the Fog of War without any nearby Units of the OP. This provides evidence to the OP being Suzerain of said City-State. If you look to the right, you can also see Rapa Nui and all of the Tiles it and its Units can see. Given that the same example was applied to the Quadrireme, we can draw the assumption that Rapa Nui is a City-State the OP is Suzerain of. THEREFORE-ok, I'll stop.

Edit: It's a Bireme that Nalanda owns, not a Quadirireme. Interesting...

Last edited:
To be clear, there are several City States that give their suzerains the ability to build new unique improvements. You can amass quite a lot of different unique improvements under the right conditions.

Actually, with the new mode giving you the ability to obtain other civs’ unique units, it might be a fun challenge to see how many different uniques you can collect.

To be clear, there are several City States that give their suzerains the ability to build new unique improvements. You can amass quite a lot of different unique improvements under the right conditions.

Actually, with the new mode giving you the ability to obtain other civs’ unique units, it might be a fun challenge to see how many different uniques you can collect.
Upon observation, I just realized that wasn't a Quadrireme Nalanda owns. It's a Bireme.

He is indeed Suzerain of both City-States.

*Goes full Sherlock* If you look at the provided screenshot, to the north of Sendai there is a Quadrireme belonging to a Scientific City-State. You can see the Tiles around it without the Fog of War without any nearby Units of the OP. This provides evidence to the OP being Suzerain of said City-State. If you look to the right, you can also see Rapa Nui and all of the Tiles it and its Units can see. Given that the same example was applied to the Quadrireme, we can draw the assumption that Rapa Nui is a City-State the OP is Suzerain of. THEREFORE-ok, I'll stop.
This right here is ultimate post of a civfanatic fanatic.

Top Bottom