why negotiator I does not add extra trade route?

tramwajg

Warlord
hey, this is my civilization, 3 cities, all connected by trails which is visible on picture, and with trails building built, so that there is 1 trade route in each (before trait pick), why after choosing trait that supposedly adds +1 to number of trade routes (tested: negotiator, aerial, efficient, honest) there is no additional trade route added and still one per city? going to next turn does not change anything, additional routes are not added. era prehistoric and difficulty nightmare if that matters

edit 1: seafaring works for coastal cities as in description, and adds +1 route (attachment 2)
edit 2: constructing additional building for +number of trade routes (bridge) also works (attachment 3)

Attachments

• routes.png
    routes.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 36
  • seafaring.png
    seafaring.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • bridge.png
    bridge.png
    170.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I'm almost positive, though I'd have to look at the xml and/or description breakdown IN-game to be sure, that Negotiator I adds +1 MAX routes. This doesn't mean an additional route unless you're already at the maximum total allowed number of routes. This, later, is a hugely significant bonus, but is not the same as adding a route outright. It just expands the cap.
upload_2021-8-25_14-30-59.png

This will often mean, later in the game, yes, +1 route in all cities, but better than that in a way, being that a normal +1 route hits a top limit total eventually and thus those won't be as beneficial then.

See the difference? Like you can have 8 maximum routes depending on your map size and so on and once you have 8 routes from all your buildings, traits, civics, you can't get more without this expansion of maximum routes allowed.

Thanks for explanation, I see, but in game description for negotiator I says both +1 to max and +1 to number, and traits that were supposed to only add number and not max (efficient, honest) didn't work aswell. I will check negative traits too once I reach 2nd leadership level

Attachments

• trade routes.png
    trade routes.png
    503.9 KB · Views: 32
Thanks for explanation, I see, but in game description for negotiator I says both +1 to max and +1 to number, and traits that were supposed to only add number and not max (efficient, honest) didn't work aswell
Sounds like tampering has created a bug. Thanks for reporting.

Thanks for explanation, I see, but in game description for negotiator I says both +1 to max and +1 to number, and traits that were supposed to only add number and not max (efficient, honest) didn't work aswell. I will check negative traits too once I reach 2nd leadership level
I can't see anything wrong in code, are you sure you don't have some other playerwide modifier to number of trade routes that takes the total to 0 or below?
Negative changes to trade routes on a national basis is discarded and treated as if you get zero trade routes on the national basis.
e.g. if you have -2 or -1 trade routes in all cities, then that value will be considered 0; so adding negotiator on top will bring the value down to -1 or 0 trade routes on a national level, and you won't notice any change in your cities from it.

Civics and traits both can change the national trade route count.
Perhaps you have a civic that removes one or two trade routes per city?

thanks, for some reason in turn 674 when I captured fourth city it seems to work, and number of trade routes in each city is 3 now. In turn 809 I added nomadic and aloof traits, and now I have 5 routes in each city. When I load save from turn 520 and demolish rope bridge (so that city has trails and negotiator I trait) there should be 2 routes, but is only one. I can't say on what it depends, and why it seems to work correctly in later turns

edit: sorry for confusion! my bad, I totally missed communalism civic -1 to trade routes, later saves had subsistence and that was reason

Attachments

• communalism.png
    communalism.png
    467.5 KB · Views: 26
thanks, for some reason in turn 674 when I captured fourth city it seems to work, and number of trade routes in each city is 3 now. In turn 809 I added nomadic and aloof traits, and now I have 5 routes in each city. When I load save from turn 520 and demolish rope bridge (so that city has trails and negotiator I trait) there should be 2 routes, but is only one. I can't say on what it depends, and why it seems to work correctly in later turns

edit: sorry for confusion! my bad, I totally missed communalism civic -1 to trade routes, later saves had subsistence and that was reason
Update to latest SVN, now negative routes are accounted for.

Top Bottom