1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Revolutions effectively f*** up your game.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Exsanguination, Dec 19, 2001.

1. Exsanguination

Exsanguination No longer here

I just spent more than 8 turns in Anarchy as the Greeks (just got republic). Lucky for me, I wasnt building any wonders. But many improvements got destroyed, zero production, zero everything. 8 turns is too much. I know, i know, sure. i can be a religious civ, but that rules out the best civs (ie Romans and greeks).

What i think: ALL civs should go through anarchy for 2-3 turns, and THEN have some sort of interim govt until the revolution ends. (kinda like the civil war in England, 1600s). Something maybe like an oligarchy or triumvirate of some sort, with minimal production, highER corruption, etc. Because I was having a good game, and now I'm 80 (or more) years behind. Or just have 2-3 turn anarchies (2-3 to give some challenge). Few civs ever went through 80 years revolutions. Most took a decade at most.

2. cutiestar

cutiestar fluffy bird

it is your choice, either risk losing improvements from rioters, or turn your people into entertainers and maybe lose the odd population through starvation. The later choice is well worth it, as under the new improved government you'll gain that pop point back super fast anyway.

3. jc011

jc011 Rider of Rohan

What's wrong with the Babylonians?

4. narmox

narmox Emperor

yeah just keep'em happy and you won't lose any improvement. It's not hard..

Contact Governor
    Manage citizes moods: yes: in all cities
    OK

and that's all...

5. Bugg

Bugg Warlord

I've gotten the 8 turn Anarchy thing also, and then I compounded it by changing again.( I thought it was like civ2, where you could change govts during the same round with no penalty and I was trying to compare communism and democracy) I got another 8 turns. I guess they did it to prevent us from changing over and over to prevent war weariness.

6. rubble

rubble Chieftain

i think you sould have to choose what govt type you want right when you declare a revolution, then depending what type of govt you choose, it would determine how long anarchy lasts (ie democracy would last the least since it is more desirable vs communism which anarchy should last longer because it is less desirable (from the peoples perspective that is))

7. Fayadi

Fayadi Technocrat

I got an anarchy of 2 turns...You know why?I am playing as the Chinese and had captured many babylonian,indian,japan cities :goodjob: You really need foreign citizens to improve your game!

8. Hurkyl

Hurkyl Chieftain

Entertainers are your friend.

Hurkyl