Why Revolutions effectively f*** up your game.

Exsanguination

No longer here
I just spent more than 8 turns in Anarchy as the Greeks (just got republic). Lucky for me, I wasnt building any wonders. But many improvements got destroyed, zero production, zero everything. 8 turns is too much. I know, i know, sure. i can be a religious civ, but that rules out the best civs (ie Romans and greeks).

What i think: ALL civs should go through anarchy for 2-3 turns, and THEN have some sort of interim govt until the revolution ends. (kinda like the civil war in England, 1600s). Something maybe like an oligarchy or triumvirate of some sort, with minimal production, highER corruption, etc. Because I was having a good game, and now I'm 80 (or more) years behind. Or just have 2-3 turn anarchies (2-3 to give some challenge). Few civs ever went through 80 years revolutions. Most took a decade at most.

it is your choice, either risk losing improvements from rioters, or turn your people into entertainers and maybe lose the odd population through starvation. The later choice is well worth it, as under the new improved government you'll gain that pop point back super fast anyway.

What's wrong with the Babylonians?

yeah just keep'em happy and you won't lose any improvement. It's not hard..

Contact Governor
Manage citizes moods: yes: in all cities
OK

and that's all...

I've gotten the 8 turn Anarchy thing also, and then I compounded it by changing again.( I thought it was like civ2, where you could change govts during the same round with no penalty and I was trying to compare communism and democracy) I got another 8 turns. I guess they did it to prevent us from changing over and over to prevent war weariness.

i think you sould have to choose what govt type you want right when you declare a revolution, then depending what type of govt you choose, it would determine how long anarchy lasts (ie democracy would last the least since it is more desirable vs communism which anarchy should last longer because it is less desirable (from the peoples perspective that is))

I got an anarchy of 2 turns...You know why?I am playing as the Chinese and had captured many babylonian,indian,japan cities :goodjob: You really need foreign citizens to improve your game!

Top Bottom