Wicked, wicked world

Caradoc

Emperor
In my current game, I am the Amorites and have just learned that it's me and the Gregori and six Evil civilizations. Oops, make that seven since you-know-who just showed up. You know things are desperate when your best ally is Perpentach.

What am I going to do? Should I switch to the Veil and join the crowd? Make a Defensive Pact with Cassiel? Or try to Gate in some help? At least my borders are secure and I am in the lead in points.

I would first check to see how friendly the evil civs are with each other. Can you safely attack some of them without annoying anyone important? Are any of them on the verge of attacking each other? Is there a reasonable hope to participate in a joint attack (through normal circumstances or bribes)? The best defense is a good offense, but getting your competitors to attack each other is almost as good.

If you can play a Byzantine strategy, and do it fairly soon, I think you should go for it. Otherwise, you better evil-up pronto! :evil:

If any of the evil civs go to war with each other, you should be safe declaring war yourself; at least those two will be occupied. With the amurites, you can defend your territory easily with conjurors, firebows, and mages while you get offensive. If you have archmages, I would leave them behind just in case (I prefer maelstrom over meteor, it wrecks havock).

Just remember that when an evil unit dies, Hyborem gains a mane. With that many evil civs in the game, wars will mean a lot of manes for Hyborem. The sooner you can take him out, the better. Otherwise, he could become a major player.

It appears that at least four of the evils have yet to adopt a religion, so I am about to get the Order and gift them with it. With luck, a couple may end up turning good. Then I'm going to gate in the Mercurians and let the games begin.

It appears that at least four of the evils have yet to adopt a religion, so I am about to get the Order and gift them with it. With luck, a couple may end up turning good. Then I'm going to gate in the Mercurians and let the games begin.

evil civs arent likely to convert to order no matter what unless you first get them to turn neutral by converting them to RoK

Top Bottom