Will a new version of Colonization be released?

Colonization2020

Chieftain
I'm a big fan of the Colonization-Civ and Colonization versions. Does anyone know if there's a new Mac version coming out?

The Colonization-Civ version was almost perfect, but the Europeans were not very aggressive and had some flaws.

Is there a similar game?

It looks like Firaxis is pretty invested in Civ VI through the beginning of 2021 with the New Frontier Pack. If they don't do another similar pack next year, then it might be time to look at the possibility of some kind of spin-off.

For some reason the Civ IV Colonization didn't feel as fun as the original, though that may be purely attributable to nostalgia.

I'll be honest, whether you like it or not -- and i truly do not want to start a debate about this -- I doubt they will resurrect this because of certain concerns. I doubt everyone considers them "colonizers".

I would highly doubt that would happen as a full game again. Possibly in a game mode or scenario but I wouldn't hold out too much hope.

For some reason the Civ IV Colonization didn't feel as fun as the original, though that may be purely attributable to nostalgia.

I'll be honest, whether you like it or not -- and i truly do not want to start a debate about this -- I doubt they will resurrect this because of certain concerns. I doubt everyone considers them "colonizers".

Yeah, the original was amazing.

I actually kind of wanted to get back into the Civ4:Col version a few weeks ago, so actually rebought it and gave it another shot. It was fun for a little bit, but just didn't quite have the right feel to it. Even trying out a couple of the big mods did help, but not quite enough to keep wanting to push on it.

I wonder if they could make a Colonization game mode (as was also suggested above).
If Appease the Gods is tied to Apocalypse Mode as we speculate, I could see a "race to colonize a new world" event in a Colonization mode. Not that it would be a replacement for the game, but they can do plenty with game modes.

Love the original (for nostalgia and otherwise) and Civ IV version too. The Civ IV one took some time, but after trying out all the possibilities and going for high difficulties it got really fun. I actually now like it more than original, and I know I would have never said this after few games of it. Liberation war with civ IV dice roll combat is just so satisfying for me. It makes me always push than one extra unit around just in case or getting extra promotion for older one around.

I dont think we will see new one yet.
I dont think the last one got enough attention from the audience.

Playing a good game Colonization style again is my dream.

I think "historical" moral issues are stupid. In all of history there have always been invaders and conquerors.

My problem is that I don't really know how to install a mod on a Mac. My mother tongue is Spanish (I'm from Barcelona) and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to install it.

I'd really like Colonization as a big chunky scenario for Civ VI.

If it came out as a separate standalone game, I don't think I'd have as much interest really.

Me too

If they did it, I would like to see
Portugal
Muisca
Cherokee
Navajo
Apache
Taino
Tlingit
Haida
Powhatan
Sioux
Iroquois
alt leader Netherlands
alt leader Spain
alt leader England
alt leader France

Ideally, I’d love to see a Fall From Heaven Civ VI version. :)

Some kind of Civ VI spin off would be cool, anyway.

Top Bottom