[GS] Will Canada offer a unique early game play experience?

If you are lucky enough to get Iron on tundra hills you could potentially turn that into a lot of extra gold through diplomacy.

The strategy for Canada appears to me to be: Settle areas that are unviable for everyone else, play the diplo game, linger around until late game and then destroy everyone in a Diplo or Culture victory. Also, I think Canada will actually be a good civ to build holy sites and go heavy for faith with now. Faith, in general, is better now that you can use Moshka to buy districts with it. Since Tundra areas are usually not particularly productive, all those "free" hammers will be needed. Dance of the Aurora seems like an optimal pantheon with Canada. Later in the game, you'll have all that faith to turn into Rock Bands for tourism and a little extra Diplo favor to boot.

To me, it all still comes down to whether you can leverage the "No Surprise Wars" ability and "double consumable resources on tundra" abilities into a larger settler rush than most civs. If you can, you can claim more territory and set up yourself up to be well positioned for the late game. If you can't, Canada will probably be like a stronger edition of Georgia: the civ you pick when you want a more difficult game than normal.

I still think that the tundra abilities need a bit more as just having a farm is not enough. I was pleased to see that the diplo appears to be fairly in depth.

I was going to say "How about Tundra farms getting adjacency bonuses from other farms right from the beginning?" but even that just brings them up to par with grasslands farms without the bonuses, I think...

So, how about that, and also +1 extra food? Or only needing one adjacy farm for the bonus? Something like that.

I like the idea of +1 food for tundra tiles and maybe +1 culture for tundra farms. Maybe that is too much but more is needed.

Top Bottom