[R&F] Will they surprise us with a World Congress / UN?

At this point I don't think so, or if it is it will be in a proto form

I remember Ed mentioning that something akin to the Crusades was just one of the emergencies-- a holy city is captured, all civs with the holy city's religion join in a war to reconquer said city before a certain time is up and gain a bonus (or face a penalty). It may not be voting on embargoes, but it is a new sort of diplomatic arrangement, along with the alliance system, that seem to be moving us towards a greater diplomatic game in the future when the UN is added later in the next expansion.

I think they said something about emergencies being a more streamlined version of the world congress. I'm sure it will become apparent when we learn more about them.
This actually makes sense. This would explain the method for global cooperation. I take back what I said in my earlier post.

Unfortunately unlike in Civ5 where world congress being extremely useful, I bet world congress will be useless since it'll be too late to make sense. (At least we don't have it before Renaissance on the livestream, but if we refer to the turns accordingly, it seems that we should have achieved victories before the world congress unlocks, since if you look at turn counter in the livestream, Renaissance in livestream actually means Information in a normal game.)

I hope they don't include one. The one in civ V was really stupid.

"Some dude with a load of money has bribed all the irrelevant micro-states into deciding that no one on the planet are allowed to use salt any more, and this decision is enforced by no one, yet still has to be followed for some reason"

Yeah thanks, but no thanks.

"Some dude with a load of money has bribed all the irrelevant micro-states into deciding that no one on the planet are allowed to use salt any more, and this decision is enforced by no one, yet still has to be followed for some reason"

I def agree the implementation shouldn't be like in Civ 5, with the bribing. I think that if/when they implement it, success needs to be dependent on how well you've been able to get along with others through the ages, which would require compliance with others' agendas. That would make it more interesting to win. So you have to win by complying with agendas for a majority of the time period, and you can't bribe your way to Diplomatic Victory.

Zero chance.
The World Congress/UN is a pretty big deal and something players really want. There's no way they'll include it unnanounced. That would just be extremely poor marketing.

And what, exactly, do you think embargoes of Cuba and North Korea were and are ? You might find it stupid, does make it NOT happen in real life !!!

And what, exactly, do you think embargoes of Cuba and North Korea were and are ? You might find it stupid, does make it NOT happen in real life !!!

Major difference one: Resource got banned worldwide, rather than trade with a country being embargoed (which could happen in Civ V as well, for the record).
Major difference two: The embargoes of Cuba and North Korea were/are agreed upon by the vast majority of the world's nations and are enforced by superpowers (USA in particular)

Major difference one: Resource got banned worldwide, rather than trade with a country being embargoed (which could happen in Civ V as well, for the record).
Major difference two: The embargoes of Cuba and North Korea were/are agreed upon by the vast majority of the world's nations and are enforced by superpowers (USA in particular)

Hmmm my bad, I really was thinking of the Civ embargo one...

Still, it's pretty much the same thing... someone bribing everyone else to embargo a Luxury instead of a Civ !

Anyways

Top Bottom