Windmills, Sawmills and Ironmills [IMPLEMENTED]

I like this because you are essentially "unstacking" the city in a Civ6 like fashion. I definitely agree that the map should matter more and this is a step in that direction, also having placement restrictions will be crucial to avoid the entire BFC be plastered with the same improvement (I know that you also proposed adjacency bonuses etc. which is something we should also look into...)

I hope we are removing the corresponding city improvements since they never seemed right to me (i.e. they belong on the map in a per-tile fashion rather that being inside the city). The exception may be the granary, which should stay.

I agree with @Nightinggale's concern that this may easily upset the balance concerning the plot radius.

I like this because you are essentially "unstacking" the city in a Civ6 like fashion.
It was mainly intended as a "blueprint" / "proof of concept" to see what else we might do with such an approach. :dunno:
Sometimes I implement "prototypes" like these as experiments to see where it leads me to.

Let us see what we can do with this concept in the future. :thumbsup:

I hope we are removing the corresponding city improvements since they never seemed right to me
I would rather leave them in there for now. A city having a mill is nothing that really seems out of place for me.
The "Mills" inside the city also have a totally different functionality and I hate to throw away effort that has been invested by other modders.

Let us please leave them in there. :hug:

I agree with @Nightinggale's concern that this may easily upset the balance concerning the plot radius.
If we would go "full blown" on this concept we might even consider to do something crazy like "3-Plot-City-Radius". :lol:

At the moment however I feel that it does not hurt 1-Plot-City radius. :dunno:
As I said, it just incentivises a different play style. (see here)

I am also not really a fan of having "storage outside the city fortifications" considering immersion.
Also I explicitly wanted to keep storage a bit scarce so it is a bit more challenging to manage it.
I kind of changed my mind on this and will now implement an improvement for this.
(see here: Improvement giving Storage to City?)

Considering gameplay it actually adds an interesting choice:
Use a City-Plot to either build a resource improvement or use it for additional storage?

Considering immersion we could kind of argue that there were "Supply Depots" outside cities sometimes.
Of course they were usually guarded - whichis why my concept will require a "Citizen" (inside City) to work on the plot.

Also, people that do not like that feature would not really have to use it.
(The Improvement would be purely "optional" and players could completely ignore it.)

Top Bottom