Windows Error

dj_robbie

Chieftain
Hello!

I have installed the addon 1 (latest version) and run the patch.

1. Choose Scenarios - Choose RTW 1939
2. MSG SAYS: CIV4 must restart to load this mod. Press ok to exit.
3. Windows waits 1,5 minute, and then the game starts again automatically.
4. I choose the leader and difficulty. Game starts to load.

5. Then this happens:

---- The scenario crashes to desktop with an Windows error message asking me if I want to send the error to Microsoft.

The errant file is msvcp71.dll.

It ONLY occurs when loading a scenario in the Road to War mod, all other mods/scenarios load fine.

The RtW scenario worked fine UNTIL I loaded the recent RtW patch.

Any ideas on a fix? It did not help to download the KB file mentioned in another thread.

Hi dj_robbie.

Have you got BtS patch 3.13 installed? Also, please go to http://www.microsoft.com/directx and ensure you have the latest DirectX 9.0c.

I'm pretty sure that will fix the error.

Thanks for reply!

I did help, but only a little bit.
After doing what you said i could play two turns and then suddenly an error occured:

AppName: civ4beyondsword.exe AppVer: 3.0.0.1 ModName: cvgamecoredll.dll
ModVer: 3.1.3.0 Offset: 0016847a

You need to install BtS patch 3.13 and then re-install RtW add-on/patch.

Your BtS version is 3.0.0.1 where you need 3.1.3.0

I had trouble with the 36 scenario's espionage so i installed the unofficial 3.13 patch (both parts) and then installed the addon. It ctd when i try a RTW scenario with the following reason:
AppName: civ4beyondsword.exe AppVer: 3.0.0.91 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.3119 Offset: 00012a5b
I have directx 9c too

Never mind problem solved

I have followed every thing you said, but I keep getting the "Windows must close" whenever I start a new RTW game. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I have followed every thing you said, but I keep getting the "Windows must close" whenever I start a new RTW game. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1. Do you have BtS?
2. Have you installed BtS patch 3.13?
3. Have you deleted the Road to War folder from \Mods\?
4. Have you installed Add-on Pack 1?
5. Have you installed Add-on Pack 1 patch?
6. Do other mods like AoI or Rhyes work?

This is the correct procedure to get RtW running.

I am getting a CTD after putting in dozens of hours in the mod.... has anyone else seen this?

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvRandomEventInterface", line 3138, in applyPartisans2

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function applyPartisans2 failed, module CvRandomEventInterface

says its in the civ4gamecoredll.dll?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I am getting a CTD after putting in dozens of hours in the mod.... has anyone else seen this?

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvRandomEventInterface", line 3138, in applyPartisans2

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function applyPartisans2 failed, module CvRandomEventInterface

says its in the civ4gamecoredll.dll?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Well I've been getting an error. Been playing a scenario for a long period including a couple of reloads to "fix" a few mistakes on my part. All that went okay. Trying to load the saves back up the next morning to continue and it crashes straight away. How do you find the information you've quote above.

Dan

Most of that info comes from the pop-up I got from Windows. You know the one where it tells you there has been a crash and do you want to email Microsoft about it. I also turned on the debugging, logging feature in the civ4config.ini file and saw where the crash occurred. I looked over the events and I know that event has run a dozen times previously with no crash. I just turned off that event and it ran fine after that.

That's a bug with partisans, which has been turned off for the next beta. It was going to be up today, but my internet connection died last night and stopped the upload. :(

Top Bottom