[WIP][BNW]Into the Renaissance Deluxe

Download link in the first post doesn't work anymore!
And is it possible to add Serbia by DJSHenninger into this scenario instead of city state "Ras"?

The link never worked to begin with, the scenario has yet to be publicly released.

Unless JFD wants to let me test it for him :mischief:

I'm first!

I play at prince, but I like games with a lot of civs...(I usually play with huge size).
So, progress?

I play at prince, but I like games with a lot of civs...(I usually play with huge size).
So, progress?

Well, I've had more pressing things to deal with lately, so I haven't made a lot of progress, and this week I must begin three essays, each due within two weeks, so I have more pressing things to deal with presently. But it's getting there - it's just not very motivating to know that this scenario is, by its very nature, going to be unstable, and thus much of my extra work probably a waste of time, and so when I do get some free time I'd much rather sleep...

Well, let's see - I've given most civilizations their unique attributes (that's a UA, three uniques, two unique decisions, and a shared decision); only Armenia is truly without a UA, only the Papal States' uniques are without design, and Lithuania's UB, too. Then there's the Castilian, Papal, and Habsburg decisions and one French. Then there's a few base events that need implementing, the HRE, Caliphate, Patriarchy, and Papacy need finishing, Trade Links need to be done up for the AI, and then - the most tedious - starting units and buildings need to be re-evaluated. It's not a lot, but boy, it's dull at this stage.

The four institutions are simple, it should be forewarned! The Caliphate - specifically, the Abbasid Caliphate - is an election for Commander of the Faithful, which is based upon the highest piety between the four Muslim civilizations, which awards VP and a GG, and, for the period between elections (for the winner), allows you to spend faith to influence Muslim city-states. The Patriarchy - specifically, the Holy Synod - is a convention of the religious elite of your Orthodox civilization where they reward you either Piety, VP, or Faith, depending on their satisfaction with your piety and religious policies. The HRE is an election between all Catholic and Protestant civilizations, awarding VP for the victor, and, for the period between elections (for the winner), increases your influence threshold for City-States. Finally, the Papacy is simply the ability to Call Crusades (probably going to amount to little action because of the AI) or to Grant Indulgences, both of which cost Piety and award VP and (in the case of Indulgences) Gold - alternatively, as not the Pope, you can Request Indulgences, which just costs Gold to boost your Piety.

Please don't ask where is X2? Where is Y2? I have had to cut a few ideas, or historical instances, to save performance and my energy, so things like the Great Schism or even the Black Death may be cut!

Do you need ideas?
Also, you... You can't cut the great schism. That would totally change the scenario. And... Did you make a decision about the crusaders? Where they start?

I don't need ideas...

How would cutting the Great Schism change the scenario? I'm talking about the Schism of the 1300s - the first schism occurred before the scenario begins, which begins in 1099 (instead of 1095) to fit with my decision to start the Crusader States under the control of various major civs - as earlier suggested by Jan.

Potential conflicts caused by religion...

I don't understand. I honestly don't. You added another unique for each civ, but the schism can't be kept?
Also just for clarification: will new civs appear during the scenario(like the Netherlands)? I'm not talking about civs becoming other civs, I'm talking about CS becoming civs by themselves.

What do you mean "can't be kept?" The Western Schism was never in there to begin with. I'm simply not adding what was never there. The Papacy is rather straightforward, anyway, so there isn't really room to represent it without bloating things beyond what I'm willing to do.

I thought about the United Provinces being formed as an event - but, ultimately, for something that is purely a flavour thing, it would be too much work. +Amsterdam isn't even on the map, and a Dutch CS without Amsterdam would ruin what historical flavour adding the CS would give.

Oh. That. Oops.

Also, since the scenario's design is ultimately up to you, will you release the scenario when you will be happy with it, or do you have a list of things you want to include and will go according to that list(regardless of whether you happy with the result or not)?

And did you consider changing diplomacy option, like allowing players and the AI(especially the AI) to break agreements and DoFs?

Oh. That. Oops.

Also, since the scenario's design is ultimately up to you, will you release the scenario when you will be happy with it, or do you have a list of things you want to include and will go according to that list(regardless of whether you happy with the result or not)?

And did you consider changing diplomacy option, like allowing players and the AI(especially the AI) to break agreements and DoFs?

The latter.

No, because that's way beyond my capabilities. That's dabbling into the black arts of DLL modding. Bit of a superfluous question, too.

Natan you ask too much. He's just one man doing a creative team's work. Give him a break.

Agreed.

Well my questions are mod size dependent.

I'm slightly sad about Netherlands being cut, since I was born and have half my family there, but reading up on it, it all makes sense in truth, as for the most part the Netherlands as a distinct powerful individual entity didn't happen until the time frame basically three quarters of the way into this scenario. For the most part the extent of their influence from the Crusades to the early Renaissance was...pretty much as city-states.

Changes to the map sound intriguing though - any chance Jan might update the one on page 1? It is a really nice map, even if the font choice is a bit tricky to read.

Top Bottom