[WIP][BNW]Into the Renaissance Deluxe

JFD is currently occupied with both family stuff as well as updating his mods.

Pretty much abandoned. I really don't have the time or inclination to burn another month on the thing - and especially so with the changes coming to Piety, which wouldn't fit so well as ItRD presently is.

Pretty much abandoned. I really don't have the time or inclination to burn another month on the thing - and especially so with the changes coming to Piety, which wouldn't fit so well as ItRD presently is.

I'm confused... You start something and then stop development due to your Piety Mod conflicting with the ITR Deluxe logistics? I'm pretty sure the majority of the members that were watching this work being developed didn't really care about how the Piety Mod would dictate the schematics of the scrnario, but simply desired an up-to date Brave New World ITR with added civs and trade. With all do respect, the piety the initial scenario provided was fine on its own - I mean if it's not broken don't fix it, right? Not to be impugning on your work, but this is quite sad judging on your other creations. It is therefore a scenario, broken, and underdeveloped, from an esteemed author in the Civ Mod world. /:

Piety is a secondary concern. It is the instability - the constant crashing - which makes me unwilling to continue. The changes to Piety only make working on it all the more pointless. I wouldn't say it's underdeveloped, either. It's feature-complete - it's just hard to play because it crashes inexplicably very often.

Piety is a secondary concern. It is the instability - the constant crashing - which makes me unwilling to continue. The changes to Piety only make working on it all the more pointless. I wouldn't say it's underdeveloped, either. It's feature-complete - it's just hard to play because it crashes inexplicably very often.

Not meaning to press the issue here but do you have an earlier versions of this scenario that you can roll back to and release - maybe without some of the more fancier features that might cause the instability? Great attempt though

Not meaning to press the issue here but do you have an earlier versions of this scenario that you can roll back to and release - maybe without some of the more fancier features that might cause the instability? Great attempt though

Well, you said what I want to say...

I am unfamiliar with the scenario, however, I think it founds several religions at the outset. From modding my scenario, I have found that the game does not like it very much if a religion is founded in a city state city, which I beleive Vatican City is in this scenario.

To get around the problem in my scenario... which has 4 religions (one founded in a city state), I had to adjust the number of religions allowed in the scenario in the xml controlling that down to 3. That got rid of my ctds in that case despite there being four religions in actuality.

There's a negative though... I think the change I made may break the game for some modded DLLs... perhaps they have rectified the bug in firaxis code.

Perhaps if you try a modded dll it might also work or, as I said, mod the number of religions to total religions subtracting religions founded in city states.

Hope you are able to understand what I have detailed here.

Ummm... Vatican city is a civilization in this setup...

I hate to say it, but I won't be supporting (i.e. diagnosing bugs, conflicts, or other such phenomena) this scenario unless someone can play a game from turn 0-150 without a solitary crash, and then can continue that game from 151-250. Sorry! But I want to spend no more time wasted on this Richardwreck. Not to mention it's a 300MB+ upload which, on my uploading speed, takes an entire day and hogs the Internet.

This version is the version that I uploaded for Jan and Sukritact to playtest, neither of whom got past turn 30~. It has a few, additional minor bugs (incorrect texts, for instance). It requires Piety, of course (you may need to ensure that you have the latest version), and requires EUI - at least, the EUI FrontEnd menus. I intended to work on a vanilla compatible version, but obviously if the scenario can't be played in full, it would be wasted effort.
every one like this mod, it is time to play ITRD again!

With the latest version of CP, EUI and Piety, ITRD is much more stable. I played it pass 70 turns without even one CTD or any other bugs, see the picture below.(no CTD in turn 70, I saved and quited just because I have to go to sleep).
Spoiler :

Played as Habsgurg, with latest version of all required mods, without IGE.

I will continue to test the mod later.

Edit: some troubles happen, it is turn 72, Venice declare war to me, and I have a very weak army… I wish I could defeat the invaders…

Well, first CTD in turn 85, what a pity…

Edit:
Good news: the game continue after the CTD in turn 85, it is turn 103 now.
Bad news: Hungary, Venice and Papal State declare war to me, at the same time…
Hungarians have millions of Musketmen and I just have a little coldarms army…

In turn 123, I got a new policy, but for unknown reason, I can't open the policy interface, so I can't click the next turn button and the game can not continue…
Edit: I loaded the save in turn 117, this problem seems because of I occipied the Venice city, I don't occupy it then this problem dosen't occurd and the game continue. now turn 133.

I got pass turn 150!:cool::spear:(see the sceenshot) Will finsh the rest of the game later.
(Damn Poland! they occupied the northern Germany, I must reclaim the land of the Holy Roman Empire!)

Bugs I met:
-two major bug at turn 85 and 123 as I mention above, but dosen't appear again after I re-load the game.
-Some minor bugs that doesn't really affect gameplay.

I hate to say it, but I won't be supporting (i.e. diagnosing bugs, conflicts, or other such phenomena) this scenario unless someone can play a game from turn 0-150 without a solitary crash, and then can continue that game from 151-250. Sorry! But I want to spend no more time wasted on this Richardwreck. Not to mention it's a 300MB+ upload which, on my uploading speed, takes an entire day and hogs the Internet.
JFD, I don't know this is rather a joke or a promise, and not to mean that push you to update ITRD(I know you're focus on CID and Piety now), but I want you to know that ITRD is stable enough now, and actually full of fun, which is worth support again.

And to everyone who like this mod: ITRD is now generally playable, choose your favourite civ and have a try!

Attachments

• 2015-12-19_00004.jpg
    2015-12-19_00004.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 2,109
Good question? Nevertheless, the way players start needs some changing...

Well, E&D's change to TSL and CP's latest version should provide some needed stability, as hopefully will Piety's next update. I'll come back to it, but it won't be for some time, as, as you highlighted zwei833, I have other priorities atm.

Well, I started playing it at last, and it seems rather stable. I haven't made it far, but so far the only errors i have encountered are UI, TXT, City State Options, unit spawning, and map labels. I'm going to continue later, or would you prefer for us to wait for the Piety update as that will change a lot I imagine.

Top Bottom