Resource icon

Cultural Diversity

:cooool: Can you tell me what's needed exactly?

All of them - Bantu shares the exact same splash screens as West African.

Polar is also being held up by the need for a border image, too.

Are you planning to make the sub groups their own groups in the future?

Nope.

I was mainly asking for what we could consider Bantu and consider West-African (so that we can split them up).

Polar border image.

I'll try and scrounge something up - no promises though.

In other news, the Information Era splash screen for Egyptian civs is a treasure. I am surprised with that, the same for the Japanese ones isn't outright a Gundam.

Oh, for the Amazonians you can use a depiction of Omulu - that guy looks pretty baller. Or any of these guys.

I'm sure you have said it before but how do you add new songs? I want to put some from Marco Polo for the steppe culture since its mostly Turkic stuff.

I'm sure you have said it before but how do you add new songs? I want to put some from Marco Polo for the steppe culture since its mostly Turkic stuff.

I haven't, because there isn't really a modular way to do it. You could replace some of the existing Steppe tracks though - just make sure you overwrite them with the same name.

Now, before I go ahead and begin the upload for the megalithic soundtrack addon to fix the Western/Islamic issue (lol), as well as to add Polar, (which'll take the day to upload on my ISP), can anyone offer Amazonian music (otherwise the group will be left out of the next update)? Also, are there any other 'sub-cultures' that could warrant their own soundtrack?

Hail the Modempire's peace delegation!

I swore I just heard JFD swoon from across the Tasman. Regardless, if it was or wasn't him - it was a majestic sound nonetheless.

You could just use some Amazonian trees/flora as the border as well!

An old Jeremy Irons film, The Mission has some good music. Link

Thanks. That track specifically will work, but not really the rest, I feel. Nonetheless, I think a lot of the Tribal-American tracks can be re-purposed.

I'll look at uploading CulDiv update later in the week. In the meantime, I've fixed the Western and Islamic issue, but it'll require downloading this file and copying into: Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cultural Diversity (Soundtrack))

Just wanted to say that the title card in the OP looks really sweet, though it's a tad sad to see all the icons for each culture group go after so long.

Regardless, looking forward to the addition of the Polar and Amazonian group (whatever the latter ends up being called).

Hello, since are you making an update to the soundtrack addon, I'd like to suggest to add/replace some songs of the Southern subculture, since the music is fine for middle ages italian states, but not for all possible current and future countries in the group. Since its mainly targeting Italy (at the moment) I'd propose the addition of orchestral renditions of some of the most famous folk songs from Italy:
Arrivederci Roma
Cuore Ingrato
Al di là
Serenade a Firenze
Santa Lucia Luntana (0:00), Funiculì Funiculà (2:49), O sole Mio (5:50), Tarantella Napoletana (8:09)
Volare (maybe a bit too much "quick" and modernish)
Andrè Rieu rendition of these and other italian songs

I hope that these could be of some use.

BTW: I don't know if you remember my proposal of custom game over screens, but I'm slowly collecting art for them:
Game Over album

Hello, since are you making an update to the soundtrack addon, I'd like to suggest to add/replace some songs of the Southern subculture, since the music is fine for middle ages italian states, but not for all possible current and future countries in the group. Since its mainly targeting Italy (at the moment) I'd propose the addition of orchestral renditions of some of the most famous folk songs from Italy:
Arrivederci Roma
Cuore Ingrato
Al di là
Serenade a Firenze
Santa Lucia Luntana (0:00), Funiculì Funiculà (2:49), O sole Mio (5:50), Tarantella Napoletana (8:09)
Volare (maybe a bit too much "quick" and modernish)
Andrè Rieu rendition of these and other italian songs

I hope that these could be of some use.

BTW: I don't know if you remember my proposal of custom game over screens, but I'm slowly collecting art for them:
Game Over album

Most soundtracks don't really fit all eras. For instance, Central is moslty baroque and classical compositions, not really fitting for the earlier eras. But I can add these for variety, most definitely.

I do remember the custom game over splash screens. And wow, that's an amazing collection! Do let me know once you're complete.

Thank you. A lot of these I can use.

Top Bottom