[BNW] With the Civ 5 SDK what is the best way to create a separate pool for Great Merchants?

Ranger1219

Chieftain
I want to have Great Merchants have their own pool for spawning to make them somewhat viable in higher difficulties. I think Engineers and Scientists sharing a pool is fine. What is the best way to achieve this in the SDK?

Depends on your definition of "best". With some effort I believe this is possible with Lua (as I'm pretty sure there's a mod out there that already does this). It's also possible by modding the C++ code in the DLL (and my DLL already has code to split GSs, GEs and GMs so you could base your mods on that code)

Depends on your definition of "best". With some effort I believe this is possible with Lua (as I'm pretty sure there's a mod out there that already does this). It's also possible by modding the C++ code in the DLL (and my DLL already has code to split GSs, GEs and GMs so you could base your mods on that code)

I’m not too proficient at modding/coding/programming. I usually just take a pre existing XML for a Civ and re work it a bit. So I guess for “best” I mean is it possible to have this implemented fairly easy with a few lines in the SDK?

Additionally, if you could point me to a good place to get help with what various codes would actually have to say to achieve various things I’d appreciate it. I know I can create a new thread but might as well start asking around as I get into modding.

I mean is it possible to have this implemented fairly easy with a few lines in the SDK?

"fairly easily" … no … "few lines" … also no.

"fairly easily" … no … "few lines" … also no.

Makes sense. I was reading through some of the recommended guides for starting to mod, and a lot of them say that parts are outdated. Is there a fully updated one so I can use as a reference? And did MyNewMod ever get released? Thanks for the help so far

Top Bottom