With the exception of the lag problems 1.21 is all right

Well,

After playing for about 8 hours I must say that 1.21f ain't all that bad. You may remember my vicious outburst from last week but I retract them all now.

The only thing that is annoying with 1.21f is the fact that there appears to be some sort of lag between turns. This is happening even with auto-save turned off. I've played large maps with all civs on my computer with 1.17f with no problem but that is different now with 1.21f.

I have also noticed this lag, which did not appear until the early 1900's (AD). I found that by exiting, selecting the "preferences" menu, and repeating the selection of the "off" choices for each of the the following: animate battles, animate enemy moves, show manual moves, animate our automatic moves, show our automatic moves, show friendly moves, animate enemy moves, and show enemy moves, and then reloading the game, I was able to greatly reduce the lag. In fact, the lag returned to the previously reasonable level.

Other than the lag, the patch seems flawless, and is a highly recommended upgrade which adds much to the simulation. I am running Win98 SE, PIII 733, 256M PC133 ram.

Glad to hear you like the patch too Jerjerrod, I think it's a good improvement on the previous versions myself.

Gotta admit I'm not too bothered by lag as a decent game takes a very long time to complete the way I play it. Besides I'm old enough to remember Speccy games where you had to load levels by tape! It teaches you to be patient when these new games have 'wait' times.

Yeah, I did a 180 on 1.21, too! needs some finetuning, but now that we can do that in the editor... I didn`t even touch corruption!

Amazing the differences between patches! I'm glad that we're all having a better time with 1.21f. :)

I have a question. Has anyone run into any weird inherited unhappiness problems that were so rampant in 1.17f? I'm just curious because in my current game I haven't really been at war with anyone long enough or even captured any cities to see if this problem still exists in 1.21f or not.

Originally posted by Moff Jerjerrod
Amazing the differences between patches! I'm glad that we're all having a better time with 1.21f. :)

I have a question. Has anyone run into any weird inherited unhappiness problems that were so rampant in 1.17f? I'm just curious because in my current game I haven't really been at war with anyone long enough or even captured any cities to see if this problem still exists in 1.21f or not.

I abandonen english cities and inherited a ****load of unhappiness into a newfounded city

Top Bottom