1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Wizards

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by Civitar, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Nutty

Nutty Chieftain

Event Codes are the ec="####" fields. But that note (now deleted) was incorrect. There's no need to worry about the difference between melee and ranged.

2. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

I managed to do it, although I don't fully understand the tutorial (because of being too lazy to read it all carefully). I just copied the .ftsxml file of one of the Nomad or What's Wizards, changed the bone name in it, and edited this unit's (I use the white version) .fxsxml file to refer to my .ftsxml file and to contain the same event codes as the aforementioned Nomad's unit. Everything seems to work fine.

Edit: After some tests I decided that it looks best to use the same bone as in Nomad's wizards (Base HumanRPalm). So my .ftsxml file is now exactly the same as Nomad's.

3. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Hey PawelS - sorry I didn't respond earlier, I've been busy - I'll be making a few more Wizards fairly soon here, since I need a few and AgressiveWimp wants a fire-throwing mage for his mod. So if you have any specific requests, now's the time to make them (being lazy, I won't go back to the last page to see if you already did:p:p:p;)).
    Glad to hear your mod is still alive!

4. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

@Civitar: Glad to see you're still doing units :) As for specific requests I'd need a unit that looks like a religious leader (Cardinal), as I wrote in the Unit Request Thread. Also it would be nice to have some female spellcasters - there is a good one here, but some more won't hurt :)

For fire-throwing mages I currently use the recolored Scouts from FramedArchitect's Faerun mod. I'll probably replace them with other models during the development of my mod, but for now they are good enough for me.