Wonder to reduce corruption idea

Maybe it could half effective distance to capital. That would be better than just decreasing corruptong like a global courthouse.

I don't know... Corruption works as an Empire Stopper in the game. You are not _supposed_ to be able to control the entire world with ease.

How about this: a small wonder that when built reduces corruption to zero, but _only_ in the city it was built. That way you get 1 productive city located far away. It would be useful if you find the "perfect city spot" somewhere.

In general, the potential for corruption and disloyality should decrease as the technology level of your empire increases. Better communication means that central governments have a greater potential to reign in corruption in distant cities. Adding this would add greater historical realism to the game.

Or a wonder/city improvement to represent global communications or media that would make corruption equal a varying amount depending on the type of government using the communications/media.

What I would LOVE to see are a number of Small Wonders-preferably Government Specific-which reduce corruption by increasing the Optimal City Number (OCN). If these Wonders were Palace dependant, then you could make the Capital VERY important cause, if captured, then losing those wonders is going to see corruption run RAMPANT!!!

Yours,
The_Aussie_Lurker.

Citizens as Police reduce the problem, but I continue to think that this would be very appreciated

"How about this: a small wonder that when built reduces corruption to zero, but _only_ in the city it was built. That way you get 1 productive city located far away. It would be useful if you find the "perfect city spot" somewhere." > Pembroke, that would be interesting too. What would you sugest?

Here's a creative concept: How about using GL's to lower corruption? A GL in a city reduces the corruption by half. Surrounding cities receive a benefit which decreases further from the city. The player needs to decide whether it is better to fight corruption, make an army, or build a wonder. Of course, the GL could be used to build the forbidden palace, but I'm assuming that has already been built. There player would also need to select an option to govern the city with the GL so that they can get another GL while he is fighting corruption. The original GL wouldn't be able to stop governing if there was an active GL elsewhere in the game.

with policemen in conquests, we may not need additional ways to limit corruption. i want to know why democracy is the lowest corruption. i watch politicians pander to big business or the welware class. You cant get much more corrupt than buying votes.

Lower isn't the same as none at all!

Remember: "Democracy is a lousy form of government, but it's still better than the alternatives." :D

Top Bottom