Wonders limit

Mirek_Burczyn

Chieftain
Since I can't find the topic dedicated to C2C about this subject, I'm starting this one. If there already was a topic about it, please, redirect me and close this topic

I'm quite puzzled how exactly does the limit of wonders per city work. My rought estimation is that each extension of cultural borders provide you with one wonder, giving you net of 6 wonders per city. BUT I've also noticed that if I build national wonders, I somehow can't get those 6. So the questions are:
1) What is the exact calculation for maximim wonders per city?
2) Does national wonders take slots from the pool or are counted separate?
2') If it's separate counter, how much you can get per city and how it's calculated?
3) If a wonder get obsolete, does it still take thae slot or not? As far my own results are rather inconsistent about this
4) Is there any way to increase/turn off the wonder limit per city? On smaller maps it's extremely annoying, especially when you are stuck with some classic/medieval wonders

Ad 3
My results for now show that wonders not providing bonuses directly to the city (happieness, food, hammers, money/gold, etc) after obsoletion disappear from the list and (most likely, since I'm loosing my count after few houndreds of turns) leave the slot open. If they generate something for the city, they remain on the list of wonders and thus are keeping the slot for them. Am I right?

4) Is there any way to increase/turn off the wonder limit per city? On smaller maps it's extremely annoying, especially when you are stuck with some classic/medieval wonders

There's an option to disable wonder limit when you start a custom game. Can't help you with the other questions... (though I'd also be interested in the answers)

There are separate slots for World and National Wonders. You get (roughly) twice as many for NWs as you do for WWs. On the top of the city screen to the left of the city name, you will see: GW: x/y and NW: x/y. This is how many slots for each are taken, followed by how many you have in total.

You get an extra 1 WW slot (and I think 2 for NWs) with every culture level you go up. So the WW limit definitely goes beyond 6, but I don't know what the 'ceiling' is. As for NWs, some of my cities have 18 slots, and I'm sure they can go higher.

In the FAQ it says:

Q: Can I change a game option in the middle of the game?

A: Yes you can. However, be very careful about doing this, as you can mess stuff up real good if you don't do it right. To do it see this post for instructions. Using the latest SVN (or V30 when it is released) you can also do it via the Worldbuilder.

I haven't tried it though.

So you can't do that when you've got the map up and running?

I did it by using the worldbuilder in my first game in v32, it should still be possible. changing this option (in this direction at least !) does NOT mess with the game. I don't remember the exact sequence to find the option in the world builder (first and only time i used it), but it's quite straightforward, if memory serves.

I did it by using the worldbuilder in my first game in v32, it should still be possible. changing this option (in this direction at least !) does NOT mess with the game. I don't remember the exact sequence to find the option in the world builder (first and only time i used it), but it's quite straightforward, if memory serves.

And don't forget to Recalculate the Modifiers(Ctrl-Shift-T)!!!

Top Bottom