Wonders

MarineCorps

Explosion!
I just had an idea. How about instead of a wonder being gone forever if the city it is in is razed it just gets moved to like the capital of the civ who razed the city.

I gotta agree with Sealman there.

How about this, the city get's destroyed, but there is a 50% chance the wonder doesn't, and it remains in that spot. You can even see it on the map, a tiny pyramids (or whatever wonder), and the first person to build a city on the square gets the wonder.

That's a neat idea. I'd suggest though, that the owner of the new city only receive the cultural/monetary benefits from the wonder, though, and not any other effects.

Actually, if the wonder was in the city radius you could get the benefits. That would make your map more picturesque, and if enemy units grabbed the wonder square, perhaps they could raze it once you had your new city up - until then it would be regarded as "neutral ruins".

What I was also thinking, with wonders, is that if a city with a wonder gets hit by bombardment or is invaded, then there is a chance that the Wonder is only damaged, and NOT destroyed. In the city screen, these wonders would have an open circle next to them to indicate there damaged status!! A damaged wonder loses it's original effect, but gets a large increase in both it's culture and Tourism effect!! It should be possible to "Repair" a wonder, to regain it's benefits, but it would be costly, and doing so would lose you the culture and tourist benefits (also, if it's already obsolete, why would you bother? :))

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker

Sounds like a good idea to have, say the colossus, showing up on the map after its host city was razed. But this could lead to another problem. What happens when a city with 2 or 3 wonders gets razed? (And who would do such a thing?!)

Originally posted by sealman
nope. I can't see the English carting off the Pyramids if they decided to raze Cairo.

However, I can see the Americans carting off London Bridge and sticking it in Arizona, after the English sold it to them... :D

Originally posted by Aussie_Lurker
What I was also thinking, with wonders, is that if a city with a wonder gets hit by bombardment or is invaded, then there is a chance that the Wonder is only damaged, and NOT destroyed. In the city screen, these wonders would have an open circle next to them to indicate there damaged status!! A damaged wonder loses it's original effect, but gets a large increase in both it's culture and Tourism effect!! It should be possible to "Repair" a wonder, to regain it's benefits, but it would be costly, and doing so would lose you the culture and tourist benefits (also, if it's already obsolete, why would you bother? :))

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker

I like your idea very much, but why would a damaged wonder give more culture and tourism? But the whole repairing part sounds great :goodjob: .

@Ivan, I wholeheartedly agree.

@Quasar, the 3 or 3 wonders would be randomly scattered across the would-be city radius and left on the screen/map as marvels to the ancient world ;)

Top Bottom