Worker chopping forrest when building research gives no hammers

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by Willburn, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Willburn

Willburn Warlord

When you worker chop a forrest near a city building research it does not give hammers to research. It does report the hammers going to the city but research ammount is unchanged and when you build something else the hammers are also lost.

2. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

It seems that when converting hammers to research ("building research") it only uses the base hammer count. Production advantages like a forge are also lost when you convert hammers to research, so I assume that extra hammers like those from chopping wood are also discarded.

Mind you, this is an explanation of what happens. I agree it would be a lot nicer if those hammers were also used for research (at 50% discount) or otherwise at least saved until when you start building something tangible.

3. Willburn

Willburn Warlord

But this must be a bug then because i saw in another thread that worker chopping works for people building culture. So if it only works for culture but not for science it has to be a bug right? Besides loosing hammers when you chop has to be a bug anyways. So thats not really an explenation its a bug that the hammers get lost.