Worker Sabatoge!

SKILORD

Insurgent
Lets say there's a really strong nation out there or lets say you're competing for trade, trying to Monopolize a certain good:

I have the answer:
*Untested though it should work*

When one clears a forest of his own with a worker and Strategic or luxury resource in it is destroyed.

Why not to your opponents lands too?!

Some1 test it and see if it works some REALLY neat things could be achived with ROP's this way, destroying the forest andd then gaurding it with troops so as to prevent your competitor from regrowing it..... at least untuil you've secured the trade for the good that was there ;)

Luxury resources will remain there, regardless of whether or not the forest or jungle is chopped down (luxury resources can't ever deplete or be destroyed). Strategic resources will stay also, but if they are depleted, then they would only show up in other forests or jungle. So if you cut every single forest or jungle down that is NOT in your territory, then you are guaranteed that the resource will re-appear in your territory!

I've had rubber re-appear on grassland before. I think the original terrain is what is taken into account. Not the changes made over time.

You is correct!

Also, resources don't actually disappear; they just move, and from a terrain to the same terrain. For instance, in a map I played on, there was one entire Tundra square, and it just happened to have Oil on it. Later, the Oil disappeared, only to reappear in the same exact place. That was a cool game. Not much desert either, so there were only 5 Oils out there (for 16 civs) and I controlled 3 of them by the time Oil was revealed. The other 2 Oils were owned by the 2 next-most-powerful civs, but a Dom victory prevented the inevitable war that had been brewing.

Top Bottom