Workers getting shot by own side?!

MajorFallout

Battalion-Command
Has anyone witnessed occassions where (your) workers trying to get into a city are shot dead by your own defending units?

This seems to occur when the city is full or when the population indicator is either yellow or red - this has happened to me 2-3 times. It's rather comical to say the least!

Can anyone shed some light on why this is happening? Thanks.

I think this is an old bug. It shouldn't happen with the latest patch or with Play the World.

It's a common bug that occurs after excessive use of nuclear weapons.

Yeah it's called the "stalin effect" when the workers come back to the city the city defenders notice that they dont have any attack of defence value so they deem them as worthless and shoot them.
:lol:

it happened to me once, but the units were shooting my tactical nuke.
I sent them to a coastal city and then it was attacked by my own units, it was hopelessly destroyed.
a wierd bug...

happened to me once. I had 5+ units guarding a newly conquered city and I wanted to move my stack of 15 conquistadors in to prevent flip. They were attacked by the defending units I had stationed there. After that turn, I could access the city via right click but it will show 0 defender and yet whenever I try to move my units in they get attacked. After losing some 6 conquistadors I sent in some 20 tanks to "retake" the city. I lost all cultural buildings I had rushed when I retake that city. During all this time it is showing my cultural color and borders. I couldn't duplicated it again even from a prior save.

edit: btw there was no nuclear weapons involved. I was the most advance civ in the game and I only gotten to tanks.

I think I saw that one (or a save like it), but I couldn't reproduce it...

Hey Killer I had the same thing the other day. I was like, what the?--I killed the spearmen, why is there a worker defending. Then when I attacked I fought Queen Lizzy and took the city and got the workers (Mass Regicide)

Hygro: exactly what i had, regicide and the worker tried to save the king.
Chieftess couldn't reproduce thouhg - but I can on my machine......

Originally posted by sealman

those militant peace freaks will stop at nothing!

:lol:

sabotage by my own units, those enemy spies arev real good:)

Top Bottom