• No

Votes: 61 65.6%

• Total voters

mica8911

Warlord
Do u use it?
Yes
No
I hear a lot of you talk about using world builder to better ur situation out throughout the game. I was just wondering if this is something all of you do? Do you have certain situations you use them in ONLY?

99.99% of the time I open the WB, I quit the game before hitting end turn after leaving it.

00.01% of the time, I want to see where the nukes I gave to the barbarians end up.

I have and use it - sometimes just to change the map before the game - like tie areas together and make character. Other times, if I am being dog piled and the game is about the be over - just drop some modern armor and go postal to relieve stress before starting over.

I dont use it competitively - just for fun if I am pretty sure its not a game I will enjoy at some point. Maybe give barbs some toys to wreak havoc.

I thinks its fun sometimes. I dont really play competitively anyways - not even finish games - I just like to play in a sandbox format. Play to have fun not to win.

I use Worldbuilder to gift me, the AI and the barbs some sweet tech- and a finite amount. So basically, each civ has a squad of 5 marines and a mobile artillery. Adds a LOT of fun in the early game. I don't often do that, though. Much more often i use it to place units i have made to make sure they work correctly, and see if there's something i missed.

I don't use it for, although I admit the temptation is sometimes strong. It just feels like cheating :sad: I've only used it once, when I tried to make a spearman kill a tank.

I don't know why, but I find it entertaining to give the barbarians nukes and/or a horde of modern armors in the classical age. However when something terribly horrible has happened to me(such as Genghis Khan randomly declaring war and takes down my capital) I tend to cheat by reloading, it is so much more practical than world builder.

My games take forever, and require a great investment in time; I don't like to see that wasted. So, I use the WB to scout out maps before I start playing to see if they're fun/interesting/playable, and I may tweak the geography a bit for a better map. In game? Rarely to Never anymore, although I admit to having had some fun with it back in my Warlords days.

Most often I'll use worldbuilder to get a feel for the types of maps it spawns when I havn't played a particular map. Like Fractal. So not in games I intend to actually play.

...but I do have a sneaking suspicionthat the AI uses it.:nono:

Messing with the barbarians is always fun. I almost put tons of barbarian camel archers in the deserts, and tons of barbarian horse archers in the plains.

whenver i play Earth map i put tons of barbarians all over asia. They build quite a large empire before they are conquered by Russia and Persia in the 1600s... and they usually conquer the stupid mongols.

I also use world builder from time to time to delete that annoying barbarian wave that is coming to pillage all your crucial resources. its cheating, but i cant help it... this game is about fun and barbarians coming out of nowhere and pillaging my newly mined iron makes me very angry.

I've done always war games where I made all of the AIs at war with -100 relations. In normal games, no I don't use WB

I wouldn't be able to make maps for the noble's club and PYL series without the world builder!

In a normal game? No. I'm pretty stubborn, too. This is one of the reasons events really irk me, because if I get hit by one that's game-breaking I'll just quit. It's some kind of mental "no cheating" lock that was self-placed or something. Using the worldbuilder literally feels wrong in-game, unless I'm just deliberately screwing around from the start (aka hey, let's give a barb city surrounded by peaks all 7 religions and see how the game goes or other such things...).

i agree with TMIT, but i play on the HOF mod only (unless ffh or rfc mod) because i don't have the option to do anything like reloading or world builder. i find myself abandoning many games that my mistakes made unwinnable, but if unwinnable then i was losing, so i lose.

i have never submitted a game, and i don't plan to until i can get more than 60% win rate on monarch. noble isn't even a challenge but on monarch i tend to get shafted a lot. as TMIT said, i am getting sick of events, but i leave them on for flavor - besides, it helps the stupid AI. im more sick of huts. in a recent poll i made, most players don't feel huts are game-breakers.

then again for augusts to finish bronze working and pop iron working from a hut, or for portugal to pop astronomy from a hut can be a game breaker. they don't give me the favors they give the AI so why have them on. i have gotten better from HOF, and i recomend everyone who uses WB or reloads to play HOF with the goal of getting good enough to submit games.

Now, i go back to my older games and realize how i can win, but it is too late because it would be a "reload".

I never tried out the builder until recently, when I wanted to test some espionage and corporation mechanics. Doing so was really helpful to my improved understanding of said game aspects. I'd highly recommend the w builder as a learning tool.

Most often I'll use worldbuilder to get a feel for the types of maps it spawns when I havn't played a particular map. Like Fractal. So not in games I intend to actually play.

Same here.
The real games I play with HOF mod and locked modified assets so I don't have the option.
The only thing I regret is that when you finish a game (win or lose) and choose one more turn, the WB isn't available to see the whole world.

If I get shafted with tribal villages, and then the game shafts me again with some crazy bad random event (IE tsunami destroys bank / market in my Wall Street City), I will completely go WB and put the Bank / Market back into the city. BUT, if the game was kind to me with events after the b/s tribal villages, I'll take the lost bank/market in stride and rebuild them.

Every now and then I'll play a sandbox WB game. Usually a OCC. I load up my start city with tons of iron, gold, food resources, etc... and all the zone outside my BFC is full of all the other resources (or when I get corporation, like 20 fish hehe).

But in a "normal" game? Nah, I won't bother. Okay, I'm playing an Earth map I WB-ed in a few hills to get rid of the natural blocking points, but otherwise, nah, it's not worth it. The most cheating I'll do is reload when someone backstabs me and I wasn't ready, so I'll switch to my war prep mode.

The most cheating I'll do is reload when someone backstabs me and I wasn't ready, so I'll switch to my war prep mode.

:eek: To me that's a helluva lot worse than WBing in a few buildings you lost to some b/s random event.

I've always thought what it would be like to OCC and use WB to put everything I could ever want in the BFC :lol:. But, alas, I do not want to play OCC ;)

I use it in games that I start for the specific purpose of testing some feature to see how it works. I don't use it in games that I intend to finish.

Top Bottom