World History Mod development thread

I meant to post this a month ago, I came up with two well designed ideas for Civ V in the Civ 4 Ideas and Suggestion forum which also seem appropriate for this mod. :)

Link :)
Spoiler :

what about some kind of Drug Trade system?
  • Provides :yuck: and :mad: when your "involved" in it in a bad way.
  • It'll start closer to the equator, and work it's way to the north and south.
  • if some part of your country is involved in the trade, then the empires that "get" the drugs gain a :( face towards you "Drugs grown in your territory have ended up in our Country"
  • a map of the planet with arrows showing where the drugs are coming from and where there ending up and at what speed.
  • Different kind of drugs have different effect, (maybe 1 giving more :yuck: then another)
  • putting troops in an area that's involved with the Drug trade will help slow down/eliminate the problem. (like a police)

I think it can be implemented, wonder if the AI can handle all the concepts.

second idea... Immigration

• Throughout history immigration has been an issue. Take a look at the world's newest nation, Kosovo, a country founded on immigrant Albanians. How come is this not implemented in the game?
  • Maybe theres been a recent conquest, and a captured city's population wants to return to it's original country, so it immigrates there
  • Border City, Population from another Country just joins the border city, happens alot throughout history, makes sense. Infact it's sorta already implemented in the game with culture.
  • Soldiers capture a city, and there lonely have no homes etc. so they settled down in the new city that has been captured.
  • The Romans made a Colony, but it's pretty underpopulated, the Roman citizens, seeking land, wealth, etc. immigrate to the new world.
  • Another conquests. i've captured a city, but it's filled with enemy population, i "deport" the population back to there homeland.
  • I've captured a city, but it's fileld with enemy population, i turn the population into slaves and send them to work in other cities as slaves. there ancestors settle down in there new city.
  • Rome captured a city, but it's filled with Russian population. Rome bring some romans from other cities to make my new city more "Roman"
  • My empire/city is so poor/backwards/horrible living conditions/unhappy/low life expectancy/seek better paying jobs/etc so i'm immigrating to another empire/city.
  • i made a new city, and i need workers in the new city, so i'm sending citizens there to work.
  • New immigrants can bring a new religion with them, as well as there culture.
  • if to much immigrants are in a small area, civil war may be about! which can lead to cities becoming part of the original immigrants country!
  • There could be a feature where you can control where you want immigrants to go.
  • Illegal immigration can be implemented into the game, and can cause unhappiness etc.
  • Finally a way to include Ethnic Cleansing! (which will probably create tons of unhappiness.)
  • maybe a map that can show you immigration paterns throughout the world?

I've also posted the Immigration idea in the Civ Rev Forum (another mod that the idea is appropriate for) and someone commented that Immigration could be worked out into a Random Event. That would obviously be much easier to make.

@Gooblah- my tech tree will definitely be at least 20x bigger then. And probably several different huge tech trees at that.

concerning settler levels: yes, this would give a good historic feel, but it will depend on how well I can quantitize the populations.

concerning population drift: that would be awesome! However, I do not like the thought of cities being created without your authority, though maybe we can have a camp or independant city built.

@ETM: I was inspired to do something similar to account for seminomadic civilizations like the Huns, Magyars, Turks, etc, a while back. There will definitely be something similar, if much improved, included when it comes time for release.

@Mattastic: similar to my idea :)

@LastOne36:
concerning the drug idea: I like the idea, and I think someone else did too, and it would be all the more awesome with an arrowed map. I do think that the "evil drug trade" should come a little later in the game though, as, take for example the incas, used it for a productive and happiness advantage, without any crime or illegal activity. So there would also be a very minute positive effect.

concerning immigration: Definitely. I will be doing away with culture, which will be replaced by simple borders, which will be very simple. Culture will either be invisible or have a striped border look. For immigration, it will need to contain both voluntary and involuntary immigration. Ethnic cleansing will definitely be included, as the cause of the WW2, among other historic offerings. I intent to portray WW2 very deeply- not just some popup saying "WW2 has begun" but rather include radical government changes, ethnic cleansing (both deportation and destruction of population), pressure to hand over Jews and pressure to join the allies and a looming fear of German domination.

Sorry if I seem like I'm skimming through your ideas- doing the best I can to fit in everything I should be doing.

~~~(@Rhye/anyone)~~~

I had already included both Rhyes.cpp and Rhyes.h.

The problem is still unknown, and I can't get it to go into the debugger when I get the errors.

If anyone can offer debugging assistance (ie telling me how to get the debugger to work), please give me a pm, or if you have any other linking error causes.

Kevin

Kev,
I agree wholeheartedly that the current culture system is nonsensical and ought to be done away with. What influence culture does have only pertains to nations with similar culture. England had cultural influence via its language, religion, government, and economy, which it spread all over the world. Nations with these kinds of similarities also reflect cultural similarities. That is how it should be represented in the game. By spreading religion, government ideals, etc, the most powerful nation with these qualities will be emulated. In the current game model, this is kind of already represented when leaders appreciate similarities in government and religion and are more friendly. There really isn't much to do with culture, except maybe language.

@LastOne36:
concerning the drug idea: I like the idea, and I think someone else did too, and it would be all the more awesome with an arrowed map. I do think that the "evil drug trade" should come a little later in the game though, as, take for example the incas, used it for a productive and happiness advantage, without any crime or illegal activity. So there would also be a very minute positive effect.

concerning immigration: Definitely. I will be doing away with culture, which will be replaced by simple borders, which will be very simple. Culture will either be invisible or have a striped border look. For immigration, it will need to contain both voluntary and involuntary immigration. Ethnic cleansing will definitely be included, as the cause of the WW2, among other historic offerings. I intent to portray WW2 very deeply- not just some popup saying "WW2 has begun" but rather include radical government changes, ethnic cleansing (both deportation and destruction of population), pressure to hand over Jews and pressure to join the allies and a looming fear of German domination.

Sorry if I seem like I'm skimming through your ideas- doing the best I can to fit in everything I should be doing.

I made the ideas for Civ V, so i'm not sure if it is even possible to make an arrowed map in civ IV. and it's ok, it didn't seem like you were skimming my post. And you obviously have some much more important things to do right now. (like the whole problem with the map not loading) Also since the post was big and the first post of the page, i thought it would look nicer in spoilers. :)

I've just read through the whole thread (I'm at work :p) and I thought I'd try and contribute to a few of the discussions:

1) Religious Heirarchy

I have here given a name to the concept that everyone seems to have been talking about indirectly: the serious influence of later religions in the real world over the traditional paganistic and spiritualistic religions of indigenous peoples.

One serious problem I've had in almost every full game of Civ that I've played: the only religions that have any real influence are almost invariably Hinduism and Buddhism, occasionally Judaism. So how, for example, do you get Catholocism to spread throughout Europe without implementing a scripted event?

So how about a religious heirarchy? Where religions are essentially divided up into Tiers, relating to how far down the tech tree you have to reach in order to found said religion? This would mean that, whilst the paganistic, hellenistic religions, and buddhism/hinduism would have the headstart in spreading their influence, once Islam and Christianity are founded they start to spread much more rapidly and may entirely wipe out older religions in cities they spread in. You could possibly tie each Civ into how well a religion spreads in their city also (e.g. Arabia quickly adopts Islam but is more resistant to Christianity, whereas India is more resilient in retaining the older religions of Buddhism and Hinduism).

Plus, this heirarchy would allow the event that Christianity gets split up into Protestants and Catholics (and whatever other offshoots you decide to include), Islam into Sunni and Shi-ites, and others into their respective categories as you get further into the tech tree or possibly as you enter a new era. This further degradation of relations certainly made religious nations all the more fervent about spreading their faith, as evidenced by the still heavily Catholic South America.

Additionaly, once Free Religion is adopted, the wiping out of religions ceases to occur, and religions spread more rapidly again between cities. This would mean that very late religions such as Atheism (not really a religion, but it serves the same purpose) spread very quickly indeed, in true reflection of what did happen with the Theory of Evolution, but wouldn't cause the total annihilation of other religions in the world.

This leads me onto...

2) The Papalcy

With the founding of Catholicism, whether this is caused through a change of Era or through research, a holy city must be established for it. The idea is that this holy city then becomes the sole city of a new born Civ, being the Papal States. Whether you would want the eligibility of this holy city to be only those cities mentioned earlier (Rome, Bologna, and Oistellfidar) or more generically available but pushed towards via Unique Histoical Victory Conditions for certain nations would be up to you. Either way you end up with a Papal States civ starting with a single city. Note, this civ only starts with one city and is capable of capturing/demanding others, but given that said city is likely to be located in the middle of a heavily Catholic Europe, this would be a rare occurence without causing a religious civil war. It would, however, allow for the permanent alliance acuiqisition to occur, possibly combining the Papal States with the rest of Rome or the HRE (though you must make the Pope work very hard to cause this to happen, or it will simply be too easy for him to garner control of power).

My idea for the religious heirarchy would tie into the powers of the Pope, along with those already stated. Instead of giving him the power to declare war on any Islam civ, along with all other civs that want to remain a part of the Catholic church, he would instead be capable of declaring war on any civ with a state religion that is of a lesser or equal tier to Catholicism (i.e. anything that isn't a very late game religion, if there are any. This could become moot if Catholocism is as late as it gets though). If you don't want this, for fear of the Pope declaring war on Protestants for example, then this could be limited to Shi-ite or Sunni nations. However, I am all for giving more freedom to the Pope and giving them incentives (or scripting if AI) to follow history than I am for forcing them to follow a certain path.

But allowing a human player to be the Pope would be a huge amount of fun, and a very unique gameplay experience, especially if you start of as the Roman empire and then switch to the Papal States once they are born.

On a somewhat related note, I think the founder of each religion should get a diplomatic relations bonus with each Civ that follows that religion as their state religion, even if the founding Civ doesn't have it as theirs.

3) The United Nations (I believe it was brought up in this thread and not the other one)

Only a small suggestion here, but how about making it so that rather than Britain, France, China, America and whoever else being the only ones capable of vetoing a decision without negative impact, you make it so that the top 8 members of the UN form the G8, who have special privileges such as these? This would mean that, should I decide I want to try and survive for as long as possible as, say, the Aztecs, or play a far removed Civ such as Australia, I'm not stopped from being a global diplomatic superpower just because thats not the way history had them be? Obviously the map would be set up for this to be more difficult for those civs, if not impossible, but if I play extremely well and end up amongst the strongest nations of the world, I don't see why I should be limited just because I'm not one of those pre-determined nations.

So how about a religious heirarchy? Where religions are essentially divided up into Tiers, relating to how far down the tech tree you have to reach in order to found said religion? This would mean that, whilst the paganistic, hellenistic religions, and buddhism/hinduism would have the headstart in spreading their influence, once Islam and Christianity are founded they start to spread much more rapidly and may entirely wipe out older religions in cities they spread in. You could possibly tie each Civ into how well a religion spreads in their city also (e.g. Arabia quickly adopts Islam but is more resistant to Christianity, whereas India is more resilient in retaining the older religions of Buddhism and Hinduism).

That's a good idea. Also how about a bar like the City Ethnic Population(the bar below the cities buildings) that show how much of the population practices Budhism for example. Different ethnic groups could also have entirely different religions, and through immigration, a group of people can make a religion more popular/practiced in another ethnic group. (A good example would be the Ottomans in the balkans converting the christian Albanians to islam).

I also agree with your other ideas. Espiecially the 3rd one. I think that's how it should've been done in the original game.

Hmmm. I like the United Nations concept. How about this, instead:
Rank the nations in Power, Population, and Economy. The 5 nations who rank in the top 8 of all three should have a Veto.

If you don't have a UB, UU or UP for Benin yet, I have some ideas for them :D
The UU could be [Umezo - Replaces Swordman or Asoro - Replaces Spearman]
The UB could be [Iya - Replaces Wall]
And the UP could be Mobilize [I can think of three things it could do, one; starts out with nationhood, two, starts out able to drift or three, units built faster.]
I can (Maybe) find a pic and info on the UU, UB and UP if you want :D

PS. Hope it's coming along nicely :D

Now that i think about it more, Religious Hierarchy would be a great idea. Based on history, we can rank 'em. I'm thinking Hinduism should be on the lowest tier, since it spread the least (geographically). At the same time, Buddhism, Christianity, and Islam should be in the top tiers.

On religious hierarchy: Remember, I am using Rhye's modified code, so there are religion spread maps, which will control how a religion spreads/how fast. This is also less controversial.

On vetos: (@Gooblah) I can do that.

On religion city bars: I have no clue how to do that (I am not good with python-made graphics, for example). But ideally this would be lovely.

@Grishnash: I'd appreciate that. I may not be able to work on that until the mod's problems are solved, however it would be great to be able to go through this thread and find this information.

I have decided that I really like the nations Europa Universalis III decided to have in Africa. My list of African civs will be almost a copy of that, and I should have it updated on my front page tonight.

Kevin

On religion city bars: I have no clue how to do that (I am not good with python-made graphics, for example). But ideally this would be lovely.

The Revolution Mod has a city revolution bar just below the cities buildings. Why don't you ask Jdog5000 for some help? I think it's a great idea.

I also wouldn't know how to make it reflect religion. Though I would imagine it would be easy once I figure out how to do the ethnicity part of the mod (where it would spread to different cities for different reasons). I will get the technology and if neccessary advice.

I have updated North America and African civs. For North American civs I would need to know what you think is strong enough to be included as a civ. Remember, just because the map is large does not mean you have to be highly inclusive. If you're really not sure, it's probably best to tell me to leave it out.

For Africa, please comment on any grayed civs (whether they should be included or not). Currently, I am leaning towards removing Funj (a sultanate succeeding Nubia), Fez, and I am somewhat against including Adal, though not as much.

Here are a few things about the Arabian Empire:

Muhammad began with 'pure' Islam. By his death at 632, the Arabian Empire controlled the entire Arabian Red Sea coast, the Oman coast line, and had penetrated into the deserts. This is also the time of the Sunni/Shi'a split. Now, Abu Bakr (Muhammad's father-in-law) became Caliph. He and his 3 successors conquered the Persian Empire, Iraq, Syria, Palestine, and Egypt. The last Caliph of the Muhammedian Dynasty was Ali, his son-in-law. A Sunni Meccan clan now rose to power: The Umayyad Dynasty, which ruled until 750. Their capital was at Damascus. Under the Umayyad Caliphs, the Empire conquered North Africa, Spain, Sicily, Corsica, Sardinia, and parts of Pakistan, Caucasus Mountains, and into the Byzantine Empire. Unrest grew throughout the empire, since non-Arabs had less rights than Arabs, and non-Sunnis sometimes had no rights at all. Shiites and non-Arabic people rose up, finding a leader in Abu al-Abbas, descended from Muhammed's uncle. He captured Damascus in 750, and killed all the Umayyads except for one (literally!), who escaped to Spain, forming the independent Moor/Ummayad kingdom. The Abbasids promoted equality of all Muslims, made a sophisticated eduction and bureaucracy, and moved the capital to the important city of Baghdad. They allowed Persians to hold places of position to foster equality. The Abbasids lost some land during the revolution and the founding of the Moor Kingdom, but kept North Africa, Arabia, Persia, and advanced into the Byzantine Empire a little bit.

i notice u don't have Japan in your Mod.

Now I do. :)

about the immigration thing why not make a building , somewhat like "rival civ" embassy (national wonder) to make emmigration from their to your civ faster .Or make immigration an option in espionage(immigrate population to .........)

I plan on having some detailed controls on this. Really, I think, you'd be able to send as many citizens as you want to any other empire, but how the immigrants are dealt with (if they are accepted, conditionally accepted, turned away or slaughtered) will depend on the foster's civics. But yes, I'd imagine we could have ways to make emmigration faster, for example through embassies, shared civics, etc.

EDIT: my apologies! On Arabia, I do plan on having the religious split incorporated in the historic events, and dynamic names/civs will incorporate changes in the empire to some degree. In a really rushed nutshell. And thanks for the history!

Now, I must announce a temporary change in plans- I am going to be away in Floriday from Thursday until Tuesday, and away again on the Thursday after. In addition, I am going to be very busy today through Wednsday as I cram in some of my work.

One thing I would appreciate would be your opinions on those grayed African civs, as well as your suggestions for which Native American civs to include (remember not to be maximist here).

A second thing would be to help figure out what may be causing my linking error:

CvGameCoreDLL error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: int __thiscall CvPlayer::verifySettlersHalt(int)" (?verifySettlersHalt@CvPlayer@@QAEHH@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual enum UnitTypes __thiscall CvCityAI::AI_bestUnit(bool,enum AdvisorTypes,enum UnitAITypes *)" (?AI_bestUnit@CvCityAI@@UAE?AW4UnitTypes@@_NW4AdvisorTypes@@PAW4UnitAITypes@@@Z)
CvGameCoreDLL error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl CvGame::logMsg(char *,...)" (?logMsg@CvGame@@QAAXPADZZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvGame::setAIAutoPlayCatapult(int)" (?setAIAutoPlayCatapult@CvGame@@QAEXH@Z)
CvGameCoreDLL error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int * turnPlayed" (?turnPlayed@@3PAHA)
CvGameCoreDLL error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int * turnPlayed" (?turnPlayed@@3PAHA)
CvGameCoreDLL error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "protected: bool __thiscall CvUnitAI::AI_found_map(int)" (?AI_found_map@CvUnitAI@@IAE_NH@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall CvUnitAI::AI_follow(void)" (?AI_follow@CvUnitAI@@UAE_NXZ)
CvGameCoreDLL error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvPlayer::setName(class std::basic_string<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned short>,class std::allocator<unsigned short> >)" (?setName@CvPlayer@@QAEXV?$basic_string@GU?$char_traits@G@std@@V?$allocator@G@2@@std@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CyPlayer::setName(class std::basic_string<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned short>,class std::allocator<unsigned short> >)" (?setName@CyPlayer@@QAEXV?$basic_string@GU?$char_traits@G@std@@V?$allocator@G@2@@std@@@Z)
CvGameCoreDLL error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvPlayer::setCivName(class std::basic_string<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned short>,class std::allocator<unsigned short> >,class std::basic_string<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned short>,class std::allocator<unsigned short> >,class std::basic_string<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned short>,class std::allocator<unsigned short> >)" (?setCivName@CvPlayer@@QAEXV?$basic_string@GU?$char_traits@G@std@@V?$allocator@G@2@@std@@00@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CyPlayer::setCivName(class std::basic_string<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned short>,class std::allocator<unsigned short> >,class std::basic_string<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned short>,class std::allocator<unsigned short> >,class std::basic_string<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned short>,class std::allocator<unsigned short> >)" (?setCivName@CyPlayer@@QAEXV?$basic_string@GU?$char_traits@G@std@@V?$allocator@G@2@@std@@00@Z)
CvGameCoreDLL error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvPlayer::setCivDescription(class std::basic_string<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned short>,class std::allocator<unsigned short> >)" (?setCivDescription@CvPlayer@@QAEXV?$basic_string@GU?$char_traits@G@std@@V?$allocator@G@2@@std@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CyPlayer::setCivDescription(class std::basic_string<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned short>,class std::allocator<unsigned short> >)" (?setCivDescription@CyPlayer@@QAEXV?$basic_string@GU?$char_traits@G@std@@V?$allocator@G@2@@std@@@Z)
CvGameCoreDLL error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: int __thiscall CvPlayer::getSettlersMaps(int,int)" (?getSettlersMaps@CvPlayer@@QAEHHH@Z) referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CyPlayer::getSettlersMaps(int,int)" (?getSettlersMaps@CyPlayer@@QAEHHH@Z)
CvGameCoreDLL error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvPlayer::setLeader(int)" (?setLeader@CvPlayer@@QAEXH@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CyPlayer::setLeader(int)" (?setLeader@CyPlayer@@QAEXH@Z)
CvGameCoreDLL error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: enum LeaderHeadTypes __thiscall CvPlayer::getLeader(void)" (?getLeader@CvPlayer@@QAE?AW4LeaderHeadTypes@@XZ) referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CyPlayer::getLeader(void)" (?getLeader@CyPlayer@@QAEHXZ)
CvGameCoreDLL error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall CvGame::changePlayer(int,int,int,int,bool,bool)" (?changePlayer@CvGame@@QAE_NHHHH_N0@Z) referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall CyGame::changePlayer(int,int,int,int,bool,bool)" (?changePlayer@CyGame@@QAE_NHHHH_N0@Z)
CvGameCoreDLL error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvGame::convertUnits(int)" (?convertUnits@CvGame@@QAEXH@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CyGame::convertUnits(int)" (?convertUnits@CyGame@@QAEXH@Z)
CvGameCoreDLL fatal error LNK1120: 12 unresolved externals

It builds properly other than these errors. In addition, I did a debug run and it encountered no problems (other than this).

My belief was that getting a linker error signified in no way that there is a coding mistake. What else could it be? I have all files, and I have the VB configurations as they should be. If not, what kind of thing would I have to do to the code to clean this up? (If you are starved for time, looking at the first one would be great, because often fixing the first error will fix them all).

EDIT: I may post one or two more times before I go.
EDIT: I had one more thing to say but I forget what it was. Expect another edit.

Talk to you all soon,
Kevin

I guess Wolof couldn't make the list, oh well. I think it is safe to say that, Fez(Not much recorded history I can find, but thats just me :D), Funj (You could have it as a nation that forms after a civil-war breaks out, maybe :D), Loango (again, I couldn't find much proof of it's history, but again, thats just me), Segu(Don't think I looked much :D :D), could stay off the list :D Reasons, well, they were small, late comers and would leave more room for the other nations to grow :D I think maybe Adal could maybe be in, just as a thorn in Ethopia's backside. But thats just my one cents :D

And, alright, I'll look into the UU,UB, and UP info :D

Keep up the good work!!

PS: Would have looked more into Fez and Loango but don't think much time ATM )

European Civs:

Spoiler :
Aragon
Asturias
Albania
Austria
Brittany
Bulgaria
Burgundy
Byzantine Empire
Carolingian Empire
Castille
Crete//Minoan Empire
Cyprus
Dutch Empire
Etruscan Empire
Frankish/French Empire
Genoa
Goths/Vandals
Grenada
Hungary
Hunnic Empire
Italy
Jutes/Danish Empire
Lithuanian Empire
Lombard
Moldavia
Moravia
Moscow/Soviet Empire/Russian
Mycenae//Greek Empire
Navarre
Normandy
Norway
Ottoman Empire
Papal States
Picts/Scottland
Poland
Roman Empire
Saxons//Angles/Prussia//Germany
Sweden
Teutonic Order
Troy
Turkic Empire
Wessex/England
Venice
Viking Empire

Now, here we go. Here's a history of Europe (in the Mediterranean) till Rome was established as a power.
By 2300 BCE, Phoenicia had been established as a 'power' of sorts in the Canaan region. It was populated by immigrants from Egypt, Asia Minor, and Mesopotamia, and had created an alphabet, the first such writing the system the world had ever known. However, civilization had been growing for 7 centuries, since 3000 BCE, in Minoan Crete. New Kingdom Egypt rolled through the area, and conquered Phoenicia. Around the same time (1400 BCE), the Myceneans ended Minoan domination of Greece and established the first truly 'Greek' culture. Egyptian and Hittite domination of Canaan and Mesopotamia ended ended when, in the 1200s BCE, the Greek volcano Thera erupted. This mega-eruption caused mass famine through the region, ruining crops as far as Canaan. This forced the Hittites and Egyptians to leave Phoenicia, and created a power vacuum. This was filled by cities in the region, which had some Phoenician culture to them. Around this time, the Trojan War erupted between Troy, a Mycenean colony, and the 'Greek' city-states of Mycenae. The Myceneans may or may not have invaded Phoenicia, but either way, in a few decades, ship-building had grown to be the main power of Phonecia, which began to dominate Mediterranean trade, linking Greece, Asia Minor, Canaan, Mesopotamia, and Egypt.

More later, I guess. Basically, Dorians, another Greek-speaking people, conquer Myceanae from the north and settle in Sparta, then go into Athens/Attica. This establishes the classical Greek city-states and builds up tensions towards the Persian and Peloponessian Wars. Phonecian colonies in North Africa gained a ton of power, with their resources and fertile land, and used that power to dominate. One in particular, Carthage, would establish its own empire, and spread from Iberia to Egypt, and Tunisia to Corsica.

Where's
Finland
Lapps
Belguim
Swiss
Spain
Portugal
Serbia
Romania/Transylvania/Moldova/Wallachia/Bukovina/Bessarabia (romanania best option :p)
Armenia
Georgia

?

I could not possibly read this whole thread it is long, but I saw how many religions you are looking for. I don't know if you have made these religions buildings and units yet. But I did make all as new textures for 30 religions that act as denominations already.

Here is what I did.

Jewish

Pharisees
Sadducees
Essenes
Karaites

Christian

Nestorian
Coptic
Orthodox
Catholic
Protestant

Islam

Sunnism
Shiism
Kharijism
Mu'tazilism
Isma'ilism

Iran

Mazdaism
Zurvanism
Manicheanism
Baha'i

Hinduism

Smarthan
Shaivan
Viashnavan
Shakti

Buddhism

Theravada
Vajrayana
Mahayana
Zen

Chinese

Confucianism
Taoism
Mohism
Legalism

Here is a link to explain how to get some of the stuff.

http://civ4religionmod.freeforums.org/links-to-download-and-chat-server-t38.html

But anyway we have schisms working at this point from the great prophets. And working on adding uniqueness now to many aka pagan religions. Anyway if anyone is interested I am around.

Top Bottom