World war 2 scenario game

DOmar1990

Warlord
Hello!! We are complete for the game. It will start on March 3, 2012.

Players:

Team 1: USA (Rodrigo Costa)
Team 2: Allies (Luthor)
Team 3: Axis (Ignacio)
Team 4: USSR (Daniel Omar)

Settings:
-GAME WILL BE PLAYED ON SUPREMACY MOD (will be sent to players by email)

-Game will be via EMAIL
-Marathon Speed
-No VP City Razing (House Rule)
-No Tech Brokering
-No city flipping from culture
-No barbarians
-Require complete kills
-No vassal states **(The game has already the only vassals possible established, which are the british colonies... this option DOESN'T dissolute the vassal status between UK and it's colonies.) The British colonies only can achieve their complete independence if they get 40% of UK's population, and 40% of UK's territory... and that will only happen if UK is being devastatingly defeated. --So we will know that UK's is near complete defeat when it's colonies system starts to collapse.-- However the colonies will be in control of the player with UK, I don't think the player will cut the vassal treat just to do it.

MAIN PURPOSE OF THE GAME:

-The main purpose of the game varies with your own main purpose on the game.
If your purpose is the supremacy of your country/team and the dominion of the world (and not play just to defeat the Axis or the Allies and once it's accomplished the game is over), then your purpose will be a New World Order on which your team rules it.
If your purpose is to restore the status quo that was before the war, then your main purpose on game will be a Restore Victory.
So this can be a fight between those who look for a New World Order, and those who look for Restore the World Order that was before the War. (But if all teams look for their own supremacy, then it could get into a dominion race).
Until now, there is only two teams with it's main purpose very clear: AXIS - New World Order / Allied - Restore World Order. (But that could change...)

6 VICTORY CONDITIONS:

-Domination (game's factory winning condition)
-Diplomatic (game's factory winning condition)
-Supremacy (your team is the only superpower of the world remaining on game... to achieve this you have to defeat the other 3 teams... or reduce them into a point that will be very hard to say they are powers anymore. If a player is defeated on the game, he will just simply retire from game and leave the others playing.
-Appointment (The other teams appoints you as the winner of the game -for this they don't have to be completely defeated.- Requires that all other teams appoints you as the only winner of the World War. --Like a diplomatic winning but just appointed by the human players instead of all players by UN---
-VIP Cities (Any team will win if they take/control ALL of this 14 cities: Paris, London, Madrid, Rome, Berlin, Moscow, Washington DC, Los Angeles, Cairo, Rio Janeiro, Tokyo, Pekin, New Delhi, Sydney.)
-Restoration Victory (This victory is the only one consistent with the purpose of the Allies on the real war; this victory can be achieved by one, two, or three allied human teams, committed to restore the order and borders that was before the war started. All civilizations controlled by IA, and UK colonies has their survival secured after their territories become conquered. For achieve this victory, your team or the teams allied for this victory has to liberalize all countries and territories invaded by all other teams. That territories or countries can be liberalized through conquest and give it back to their respective original civs (which will be surviving hiding with 1 unit somewhere on the map), or on the peace talks with the invading teams getting back all territories and then giving it back to their respective original civs. If this victory is achieved, the teams involved to commit it are the winners of the World War 2.
-Game Over ''Victory'' (This victory is the solution if the war becomes too hard and cannot be won by any team. All players has to agree to stop the game and declare it with NO WINNER because it's impossible for any team to win.

House Rules:

-The game is free-action... so you as a player doesn't have to follow the path of the historic events, feel free on your determination to go into the war, or stay out of it, or even sign peace with the ones you are already on war (if somehow you can stay or get out of it... hehe). But looking at the victory conditions... it might be just a total war... there's only one victory without war that is very unlikely to achieve: diplomatic.
-You CANNOT DECLARE WAR on a country that is inside of your team -like Germany declaring war on Italy, or UK to France-.
Each country is independent, no matter if belong to a team. If you are controlling more than one country (Allies and Axis players will be the only ones), your countries do not have to be all aligned on the war against another country or team. For example if USA declares war on Japan, this doesn't mean USA has declared war on all 3 of Axis... so USA, Germany, and Italy should still have diplomatic and commercial relations as long as Germany or Italy doesn't declare war on USA as revenge because their war against Japan... THEN it's a war between USA and AXIS. Also, if USA or USSR, for example, declares war on Axis, it doesn't mean that USA or USSR has joined the Allies.. as long as USA or USSR doesn't has done such statement... they might just be following their just interests that are different from Allies and once they have achieved their mission, just get out from war.

-Play with honor. When I said this I'm not talking about attacking on the backs of other -that will happen surely-, but playing as '''''''''professional''''''''' as you can. This means not doing stupid things just because you're loosing the war (like declaring war on everyone just before leaving the game all fu*k*d up by you or things like that). Play it until you are defeated, or almost defeated.
-(Remember that if you want to talk with another player about something, you can send him an email to discuss about it. It's the most secure way because I'm not sure if you write it on the chat at the game it will appear to the other player you wanted to said it... so it's better if you sent a personal message by email to that player so you get sure he reads it and answers you.)

Some facts about the scenario:

-The game starts on september 1939, Japan has already invaded Manchuria and is at war with China. Germany and USSR are invading Poland.
-Allied team has already declared war on the Axis team.
-Commercial Relations AREN'T established on the scenario... so remember on your first turn open borders and make trades with the countries you want.
-Diplomatic relations are mostly already established... so you might find some already friendly countries at the beginning... such as Franco of Spain being on a friendly mood with Hitler.

Attachments

• ww2.png
    ww2.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 138
I want to join. I'll take Japan, if possible.

I do think that the relevant countries should be played by human. Maybe Egypt and Poland are not so relevant, but France, Canada, Australia, China and Italy should be played by humans.

France did have a relevant ground army in 1940! The lack of airforce and the superior German tactics made them to collapse quickly, but it wasn't due to the French having a weak army.

Question: What will be the victory conditions?

Hello! Canada, Egypt, and Australia will be played by the one that plays UK. So the total territory that the player of UK controls is almost like USSR territory. Italy can be played by the one that takes Germany because Italy is the next on the line up between Germany and USSR's turn. (If I can reconfigure the line up, it will be simplified into 4 players, I will try to reconfigure the line up).

I have not think about the victory conditions yet, so far the Domination is one of them of course, Diplomatic one too (but I don't think no one can achieve it on WW2...), and maybe the VP cities.

Hi.

If there are 5 players I could play with Japan. But if there are only4 then I would prefer the Commonwealth(+France).

Hello! I would like to play. I'll choose the USA, if available.

I have some questions:

- Will we have House Rules? (ex: the USA cannot attack the axis until a certain date; players cannot use nuclear weapons until a certain date, Tech trade...; use of modern weapons due to possible too fast research...)

- What is the duration of the game (until 1946? 1950? 2000?)

In my opinion, five players would be a good number for this scenario.

I also think that the Germany's player should also play with Italy.

Hello! I would like to play. I'll choose the USA, if available.

I have some questions:

- Will we have House Rules? (ex: the USA cannot attack the axis until a certain date; players cannot use nuclear weapons until a certain date, Tech trade...; use of modern weapons due to possible too fast research...)

- What is the duration of the game (until 1946? 1950? 2000?)

In my opinion, five players would be a good number for this scenario.

I also think that the Germany's player should also play with Italy.

Hey Rod, thanks for joinning. Yes, USA is available and you just filled up the game :)
There has been some changes, now the players are by teams. ( I have updated it on the thread). You will be Team 1: USA.

Responses:

Question 1: The game will be free-action, so the game doesn't have to develop just like it did on reality... you as USA can get into war with Axis IF you want on the single first turn, or you can get into Axis too if they accept you as well... or you can just make your own side following your own interests that doesn't have to be on the side of Allied, Axis, or USSR. So you just have to play. Imagine just that you get into that scenario where a World War is beginning.. you choose what your actions will be. Tech trade is ON, but tech brokering if OFF.
The game will run on Marathon, so I dont think anyone will have them before 1944... but if someone does, there is free action to use them. This game isn't require to follow the history... just lets get into this scenario, and play it... FOLLOW THE HISTORY, or CHANGE IT. The only ''house rules'' that will be included will be victory conditions made by us, that ones will be published on the thread on the next days before this Saturday.

Question 2: There's no limited duration for game. When one of the teams achieve victory, that's an optional end. However, since one of the victory conditions will be eliminating the other 3 teams on game, it's quite possible that the game continues after defeating one or two teams on the World War... and a Cold War should begin between the 2 remaining powers from World War. The defeated players can just leave the game and leave the 2 remaining playing on the Cold War.

I will be updating the Thread with the winning conditions and other stuff... The game should start on March 3! :)

Game's thread has been updated... please read it again with the last news.

Here are some comments\proposals of change

Name:
The most important decision: what is the NAME of the game? :)

Nations:
I do think that it would be better to split European Axis from the Asian Axis. I don’t know the scenario but it could be a too strong team! Domar, you know the scenario, so I will accept your decision, but did you take game balance in consideration when joining the two?
What is the status with China? Does it belong to any team or is it played by AI?

Settings:
- Barbarians: I propose to have barbarians and have Raging Barbarians. It does not make much difference but can make life a little less boring for the forgotten areas (Africa, parts of Asia, etc).
- To include “No flipping after conquest”. If this scenario is meant to be mainly military, I think it makes sense.
- No Random Events??? Ooooh… :-( I like random events. It’s just like life… unexpected events when you least expect!!!
- City Razing… I don’t mind the option but sometimes there are crowded places and, in those cases, I do like razing… I wish there was an option of “No Razing unless… something”…

Victory Conditions
It’s not relevant but isn’t almost it impossible for someone to win by Supremacy? I guess you’d win by domination before… just a comment, no propose to change anything.

House Rules:
- There are no fixed wars or forced peace, correct?

Here are some comments\proposals of change

Name:
The most important decision: what is the NAME of the game? :)

Nations:
I do think that it would be better to split European Axis from the Asian Axis. I don’t know the scenario but it could be a too strong team! Domar, you know the scenario, so I will accept your decision, but did you take game balance in consideration when joining the two?
What is the status with China? Does it belong to any team or is it played by AI?

Settings:
- Barbarians: I propose to have barbarians and have Raging Barbarians. It does not make much difference but can make life a little less boring for the forgotten areas (Africa, parts of Asia, etc).
- To include “No flipping after conquest”. If this scenario is meant to be mainly military, I think it makes sense.
- No Random Events??? Ooooh… :-( I like random events. It’s just like life… unexpected events when you least expect!!!
- City Razing… I don’t mind the option but sometimes there are crowded places and, in those cases, I do like razing… I wish there was an option of “No Razing unless… something”…

Victory Conditions
It’s not relevant but isn’t almost it impossible for someone to win by Supremacy? I guess you’d win by domination before… just a comment, no propose to change anything.

House Rules:
- There are no fixed wars or forced peace, correct?

Name of the game? Well... I would say something like
''WORLD WAR 2: STAGE OF SUPREMACY RACE.''

AXIS:
I know that Axis might be too powerful as a team at the beginning, but they do not has petroleum resources at first stage of war. Also, they do not has as much varied resources and economic power as the other 3 teams... US and UK specifically. There will be a point that Germany has to decide between troops costs, or investigation % (at this mod, units has increased costs).
Germany has to invade someone to get petroleum, and will only be fighting with the panzers and ships given at the beginning of game... panzers and ships that loose at war will be panzer and ships that will take a while to be reconstructed because of the lack of petroleum... So, at some point German forces might be weakened by lack of petroleum and their advance will cease. A POSSIBLE cure to that lack of petroleum sources: CAUCASUS, USSR. There's when Germany has to think about open a second war with a second team, which can fire back badly... Japan has to take Manchuria to get petroleum, but it will be the only resource of petroleum available on the near Japan exploitable by Japan... By its location, that petro resource can be easily blocked from Japan and leave them without petro.

China: China will be controlled by an IA. Has been provided by enough force to resist Japan.. it will probably/surely loose some coast cities such as Pekin, Chengdou, and Shanghai.

About the barbarians: I has setted down the barbarians for 2 reasons:
1. The game is already VERY WEIGHTY, adding more units will slow the size of the archive to be sent by email, and will lenght the time that will take your computer to process the turn's passing. Already it takes on my computer, which is a gaming computer, like 2 to 3 minutes to pass from turns. If you have simpler computers, the wait will be longer than 3 minutes to just pass your turn and save it on PBEM folder.
2. The great majority of big countries, specifically USSR and Canada, has a lot of cities without any defense (the cities of tundra and ice, which do not has any danger of invasion because of its far location and unable efforts from enemies to get into there... so there's no reason they should be protected with units that COSTS A LOT. If barbs are ON... USSR will loose about 50 or 60% of its territory on barb hands... Remember that it's not the same 100 soldiers in USSR, than 100 soldiers in Germany. The 100 of Germany has to cover an area much little and can be effective on its defense... but 100 soldiers aren't effective to protect a vast territory as USSR... so I has leave the tundra and ice cities unprotected because they cannot be reached by enemies so there's no need of troops there; and concentrate soviet troops on the main invasion gates which are Europe's area and Manchuria's area. Barbs would raze soviets before Germany might get into Ukraine... so let's that OFF.

Random events will be ON (I thought that they was bad because might give the possibility for countries at war of signing peace because an ''intermediate has become from no were random event'', but now that I think, that's not a problem because teams will be humans so there will be no stupid IA on Hitler accepting a intermediate to finish the world war and up the game without world war... so ok, it will be ON.

The not razing setting can be OFF as long as no team raze any of the VP cities. (I really don't think any IA will take any city controlled by humans so there should not be any problem with a IA razing a VP city..)

VICTORY CONDITIONS:
The Supremacy victory can be achieved without achieving the domination one first. An example of this victory is wiping out all countries throwing them nuclear weapons in almost all cities and reduce their productivity and forces to literally nothing. At that point, it will be hard to say they are world powers anymore, and you will be the only superpower remaining of the 4 teams. Then you have achieved a Supremacy Victory without conquered the territory needed for a Domination Victory, which will allow the achievement of this one previous to Supremacy Victory. So, the difference between this 2 victories is how you manage the war and your dominion of the world. If it's by annexation of territory, if it's by wiping out the opposers lands and armies, etc.

HOUSE RULES:
Nop, there is no fixed/forced wars or fixed/forced peace. The game is free action. We start exactly where history was con September 1939... but we can change it's path. And in order to achieve a domination/supremacy Victory... you have to change that path and not ending the World War just defeating allies or Axis.

Japan has to take Manchuria to get petroleum, but it will be the only resource of petroleum available on the near Japan exploitable by Japan...
Without acess to crude the Axis might have a difficult life, indeed. I would suggest having an oil resource in the sea near Java\Sumatra to give a (strong) incentive for Japan to try and control the sea (and land) in that area. Resources was really one of the main reasons for them to attack in real life!

China will be controlled by an IA
Makes sense for the game balance if the acess to oil by Japan is not easy.

The game is already VERY WEIGHTY
OK, no barbarians. It wasn't really that important. I fully agree to leave them off for speed purposes.

Random events will be ON
YES! :D

SETTINGS
How about the "NO flipping after conquest"?

Without acess to crude the Axis might have a difficult life, indeed. I would suggest having an oil resource in the sea near Java\Sumatra to give a (strong) incentive for Japan to try and control the sea (and land) in that area. Resources was really one of the main reasons for them to attack in real life!
Makes sense for the game balance if the acess to oil by Japan is not easy.
OK, no barbarians. It wasn't really that important. I fully agree to leave them off for speed purposes.

SETTINGS
How about the "NO flipping after conquest"?

No flipping after conquest is already ON. It doesn't make sense that cities are able to just get back to their original country when a war just end... and mostly in this scenario we are playing.
There are sea petroleum resource for Japan on little islands of the Pacific.. but has to research plastic in order to exploit them. However, having the resource isn't the only way to get it... they still can import it from USSR, USA, Venezuela, or Saudi Arabia... but that will NOT BE CHEAP from an IA... and surely not cheap by USSR and USA either. So that will fire up the cause of a war between more than one team.

Thread updated:

2 Victories has been added: Restoration Victory and Game Over Victory.

Hello DOmar,

I have some questions?

- I think you'll send us a list of player's e-mail. Right?

- Will the game start on March 3 or 5? (the rules have been updated, but not the date of game's start).

- Espionage will be turned on? (just one remark about game's balance: In such case, I think the Axis player can have a hard task to maintain oil wells. Spies can be very annoying and extremely effective in the destruction of oil wells (my experience taught me that...), which I think can limit a lot the production of tanks and planes (I'm supposing that the Axis player doesn't have Standard Ethanol).... well, as I said, it's just one remark...

I noticed that we've already got the emails... sorry... first question already answered.

I noticed that we've already got the emails... sorry... first question already answered.

Hey, the game will start at March 3 (sorry about not updating it).

Has you played before by E-mail multiplayer? Do you know how it works?
If not, let me know to tell you how this game will be played by email.

Well, as you know, on the real war Axis has problems with Oil resources. Germany starts without any Oil resource, and has to invade USSR to get it from Caucasus... OR just import it by trade for someone that I don't know who might give it. Japan has its oil resources on water, so there's no spy capable of getting there to destroy that plot; just can be destroyed by enemy ships, and Japan has a very strong naval fleet to protect that from happen. Italy is getting its oil from Africa, and Allied team doesn't has enough army at Africa to get it destroyed, at least not in the first 10 - 20 turns. The Axis has ways to build again that oil hole quickly... BUT LET'S BETTER NOT GIVE IDEAS TO SOLVE ISSUES LIKE THIS, leave the Axis player figure about this kind of things that might be a counterbalance on their already strong army.
It doesn't unbalance the game, remember that Axis start with a big power advantage. If Axis doesn't get this kind of stuff screwing their fast production some on a while, how can they get stopped on this war??? Not all can be so easy and hand given for Axis.

(Standard Ethanol is on Amsterdam... they will get that corporation if they stay with that city and not raze it.)

Hi.

Now that the game is ready to roll you should open a thread in the proper place, with the correct name for us to post.

I think that the proper place is here:

Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Multiplayer & PBEM > Civ4 - PBEM Games

Thank you Luthor, I will make that thread now.

Top Bottom