Votes: 19 27.1%
  • Spain

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Zulu

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

civoholic

Warlord
I think the russians are the worst because of the not so good local area map bonus.

I think the worst civs are the ones without a bonus that will make a huge impact.

I can't vote until I play the full game with all civs. Actually I was thinking in play with the Russians online, + 1 food from plains maybe is not that huge but that could help you to grown you cities faster + Loyalty for defensive units will help to focus in make you city grown without many worries, it is not easy to enter in one base with loyalty, probably you may need a powerful Aztec or German. I like the 1/2 price spies and riflemen, but let's see what happen. To me, every single civilization looks awesome, you just need to find the way to take advantage of his strengths.

aye ive seen every civ played well online and ive seen every civ played horribly too, id really depends on your strategies and a little luck with starting areas too

It's July 4th. The American votes are probably from the UK. They are venting the loss of their colonies. They invested heavily in settler units and galleons all for nothing.

I think the Zulu are overated because there 4 to 1 overun will only help against barbs:

It's July 4th. The American votes are probably from the UK. They are venting the loss of their colonies. They invested heavily in settler units and galleons all for nothing.

:lol::lol::lol:

You get an internet cookie.

I think India could be one of the best civs...having the ability to make use of every single resource from the start?! :eek: I'm definitely excited about being able to use aluminum and uranium without waiting until the modern ages!(or not being able to use Dye until Monarchy)

I voted for the Mongols.

Barbarian huts don't give out money and they automatically settle. I don't know if you have noticed but barbarian huts are usually on resources, so you don't get a settler to move it to a nicer place. So every hut you conquer leaves you with a city in a not so ideal spot, sometimes extremely near to your own capital.

And to make matters worse, you don't get any money or units from the huts, just a not so ideally placed city. On paper it sounds like a very powerful trait, but it comes to a way too high price.

The +2 production to mountains can get rather huge later in the game though...

I voted for the Mongols.

Barbarian huts don't give out money and they automatically settle. I don't know if you have noticed but barbarian huts are usually on resources, so you don't get a settler to move it to a nicer place. So every hut you conquer leaves you with a city in a not so ideal spot, sometimes extremely near to your own capital.

And to make matters worse, you don't get any money or units from the huts, just a not so ideally placed city. On paper it sounds like a very powerful trait, but it comes to a way too high price.

The +2 production to mountains can get rather huge later in the game though...

You get about 300 gold from barbarians in the game

I dont think 300 gold = 9 cites by 0 ad

I understand the part about bad location, but its definitly no the WORST civ

Why do you think America is a bad civ? Their ability to rush units to half price is godlike versus good players. Also they get the highest production in late game because of their good factories.

You get about 300 gold from barbarians in the game

I dont think 300 gold = 9 cites by 0 ad

I understand the part about bad location, but its definitly no the WORST civ

You have more cities to defend and that means if you lose a non-important city, you can lose an important tech. So you lose land that could have been exploited a lot better by carefully thought out city placement.

I guess in the end the Mongols could be a pretty good civ, but you need to have a good map for them with huts being spread out and in good locations. I guess it takes a little extra strategy to make the best of the situation. The obvious benefit has a pretty large trade-off in my opinion, while benefits of other civs don't.

They are good for the one city challenge, which basically means you can only use settlers to found your capital or add people to that capital (read this in another topic).

You have more cities to defend and that means if you lose a non-important city, you can lose an important tech. So you lose land that could have been exploited a lot better by carefully thought out city placement.

I guess in the end the Mongols could be a pretty good civ, but you need to have a good map for them with huts being spread out and in good locations. I guess it takes a little extra strategy to make the best of the situation. The obvious benefit has a pretty large trade-off in my opinion, while benefits of other civs don't.

They are good for the one city challenge, which basically means you can only use settlers to found your capital or add people to that capital (read this in another topic).

the mongols are better to use in single player than in multiplayer
there probubly top 3 in single player because the AI wont attack you as much as humans

Looking at the bonuses Russia does look to be the worse. They simply don't have a stand out bonus.

Germany, In my opinion sucks

Russia are probably the weakest. Loyalty and 1/2 price riflemen help with defence and food 2 plains make it a easier to settle anywhere but they lack something to truely help them towards a victory. The map can help get to huts and barbs quicker but I'm normally able to explore the same amount pretty quick.

I think that the Aztec are the weakest civilization. Personally, I don't find the extra gold that much helpful.

With my limited historical knowledge, Russia should have started with Communism instead of a local area map, IMHO, with Carl Marx and all. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom