1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst things barbs did to you

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by neoaspilet11, Dec 5, 2013.

1. MKDELTA3

MKDELTA3 Warlord

Once barbs plundered all my trade routes in two turns. I went from making a healthy extra income to selling temples. I learned to keep an eye on the trade routes the hard way.

2. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

In an mp game once, barbarians got to plunder my naval trade routes several times. I wanted to take advantage of having naval trade routes over land trade routes because of the extra income. So i built triremes to attempt to protect the naval trade routes but my routes were still getting plundered. I finally went to the source, an encampment nearby and stopped it after 3 cargo ship rebuilds.

3. georgie

georgie Warlord

One time I was fishing and a hook broke my skin. The gosh darn barb made it sooo hard to get out. It was very painful. By far the worst thing a barb has done to me.

4. Jampine

Jampine Warlord

Barbarians always seem to have some sort of spider sense of when I've finished improving a lux or strategic resource, then rush right over to smash it and screw me over :/

5. Teproc

Teproc King

That just means you need to trade them faster to get double use !

6. docbud

docbud Emperor

I guess the plundered routes in a recurring theme--I know it is for me.

Why doesn't the AI control their own areas? I kept getting routes plundered that I had with Theodora and her routes were being plundered. She had a ton of ships, but was ignoring the barb encampment and barb ships right outside her city.

I had to go there and wipe out the encampment and barb ships.

7. Civilmyzation

Civilmyzation Chieftain

for me it was easily the last game I played. I had 9 trade routes up at the time, and all of a sudden, BAM, I had 4 cargo ships plundered. it was not within my view, so I had to send a ship out in that direction, next turn, BAM, 2 more cargo ships plundered. I finally make it out there, and there are FIVE barb ships going OFF on my cargo ships.

so random. I never let my capital get hit, as my first 2 units do a quick scout then I leave 1 to protect from that point on. but lately I have added to this, putting a caravel on each of my key trade routes.

8. WarIsPeace

WarIsPeace Chieftain

I did, and that helped but it wasn't enough. I was playing immortal, FWIW. Here's my take on that scenario which I really enjoyed --

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=12449114#post12449114