Would upgrading my CPU help?

JeffFahFah

Chieftain
So I have an older laptop with an Intel icore i5 4210u CPU @ 1.70 Ghz 2.40 Ghz with 8 GB of RAM and long story short it's really hard to play any types of games on it. I use to play a lot of league on it and it worked fine for what it was and it can play civ 5 pretty well through the early eras but as soon as it gets to around the medevil era it gets noticeably slower and in the final eras each turn takes like a full minute to fully process. Let's just say it gets pretty frustrating and I cant bear myself to sit through a full game anymore.

I'm on a budget and looked up some new laptops and I decided to get a huwai MacBook D with amd ryzen 2500u (2.00 Ghz) and amd Radeon Vega 8 with 8 Gb of RAM for 500$. I did some research on the laptop and it seems to give pretty good performance for a lot of games including overwatch which I'll probably end up getting as well. But I haven't seen any performance measures for civ 5 (which is a game I plan on playing a lot with it). I saw a forum that did say itd have a tiny bit of trouble with civ 6 because the background processes are more intensive than an fps type game so I just wanted to make sure. I'm pretty technically illiterate when it comes to computer parts and what they all do and I just wanted to know if what I'm getting won't give me the same issues my current laptop gives.

Thank you for anyone able to answer my question. Cheers

Top Bottom