Would you buy a unit graphics diversity DLC ?

Interested in buying an ethnic unit graphics DLC ?

• Yes, would give nice flavor to the game

Votes: 44 61.1%
  • No, don't find it important

Votes: 28 38.9%

• Total voters

Haig

Deity
I think having different graphic sets for units would really give more immersion and atmosphere into the game.

All Civs don't need their own graphics, but like a general sets for continents:
asian, european, african, south-american and middle-east.

Not every tank and fighter would need different graphs but for the most common units, like workers, scouts, pikemen, musketmen, rifles etc.

Note that Civ IV didn't have this when released, but an expansion brought them in.

Also don't say that it should be a free patch, as making new graphics require time and money, and as a DLC it would be an option for people who find it important.

Personally I would LOVE it!

I find this very important in my games. I would definitely spend a few dollars of my hard-earned money on this. :D

Sounds like a great idea, but wonder whether it would be cost effective for Fraxis. I suspect it would take a lot of work to do, and there would always be those too ready to criticise.

While I'd rather have it included in the game, I wouldn't mind paying for it, depending on the price. They could probably toss a couple other little things in with it to sweeten the pot.

I'd pay about 10 Euro max for it as a DLC, it's something I would really enjoy seeing in the game after all.
As for how cost effective it would be, if creating a few alternate skins and models for already existing models would be too expensive they can always throw it in along with a potential second expansion that should also fix the global happiness.

You mean something like: Ethnic Diversity mod? :D

That mod adds ethnic units for many eras and allows you to adjust the unit scaling to your preference as well.

This add a lot of flavor to the game, but I think that we don't have to paid for that. the unit graphics diversity must be a part of the game at the start or via a free update.

I would not pay for such a thing, esp. when there a many talented modders out there who would do it for free. And I would rather buy it from them if I did pay, since they would be more apt to listen to my complaints and suggestions.

I voted No because I wouldn't pay for such. Yes, it's a good idea, but no, I won't buy DLC.

(I agree with Pisskop's statement.)

It would piss me off, as I would never buy such a useless thing which at the same time makes me feel like having an incomplete game (as I only owned like 98% of it's contents).

I wouldn't think of it as "incomplete;" rather as an option that some might want (like myself) and others might not. And it's fair, because Firaxis wouldn't be forcing the "not" people to pay for content in the core game that they don't want and will never use...

I'd want it but wouldn't particularly feel up to paying for it unless it was really detailed, like the uniforms were appropriate to the region, etc. That I'd pay some money for.

If it's a simple skin-colour swap, modders could do that, unless they didn't have the .dll, and I wouldn't want to encourage Firaxis to keep that locked up just so they could pull stunts like this.

Bonus points for mixing up the skin-colours over time (especially after teching multiculturalism).

I wouldn't mind, especially if they set it up like CivRev (ie. Flying Fortress, Lancaster, Heinkels for bombers and so forth)

It would piss me off, as I would never buy such a useless thing which at the same time makes me feel like having an incomplete game (as I only owned like 98% of it's contents).
Doesn't current DLC system make you feel this way? :rolleyes:

I think that graphic elements, maps, scenarios and all other stuff that don't affect the game play belong to DLC. Unlike civs/wonders. If the model was changed, I could actually consider purchasing some of them. Otherwise no.

Doesn't current DLC system make you feel this way? :rolleyes:

I think that graphic elements, maps, scenarios and all other stuff that don't affect the game play belong to DLC. Unlike civs/wonders. If the model was changed, I could actually consider purchasing some of them. Otherwise no.

I think you should switch scenarios position, they do often change the gameplay, because they are scnearios.

I wouldn't buy it.. I barely even bother to zoom in or take note of how my units look, we have those little icons above it's enough to make each unit recognizable, and quite frankly my cities never look that much diffrent in each eras anyways.

I think you should switch scenarios position, they do often change the gameplay, because they are scnearios.
They don't change game mechanics. Maybe that's more appropriate word. You can play a free mode SP/MP without scenarios and nothing will be 'missing' in your game. So let put it this way: I can live with scenarios being a DLC. Their replay value isn't very high, thus it even makes sense somehow. Not gonna happen anyways. Nothing to argue about.

Top Bottom