• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Wouldn't this be cool?

CrazyEMT11

Chieftain
Maybe its too contraversial, but I think it would be pretty awesome if there was some kind of religion victory... like after all religions were founded, you had to convert a certian % of people to your state religion (maybe it would have to be one you founded?) I have had alot of fun with that aspect of the game... maybe its just me though. Anyway, thats just my opinion. :crazyeye:

CrazyEMT11 said:
Maybe its too contraversial, but I think it would be pretty awesome if there was some kind of religion victory... like after all religions were founded, you had to convert a certian % of people to your state religion (maybe it would have to be one you founded?) I have had alot of fun with that aspect of the game... maybe its just me though. Anyway, thats just my opinion. :crazyeye:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=155547

At the bottom of the thread is a file that opens up the religious victory condition.:goodjob:

It would make the game too easy to win and too simplistic. Just produce missionaries non-stop until you win. Not much strategy involved.

Zombie69 said:
It would make the game too easy to win and too simplistic. Just produce missionaries non-stop until you win. Not much strategy involved.

Well, you have to remember I play with ALL 7 religions as the first tech. This way you are only going to get 1 religion and the AI will have the other 6. Depending on placement etc. over time you will see the AI share cutting into your share. There really is no just spam 3 missionaries at a time to dominate the world this way. :rolleyes:

You would actually have to play to understand.

How can i remember that when you haven't mentioned it in this thread?

It's still simplitic any way you look at it. You're taking a very small part of the game and basing a complete victory condition on it. Doing so, you're encouraging players to focus on this very small part of the game at the expanse of everything else.

Zombie69 said:
It's still simplitic any way you look at it. You're taking a very small part of the game and basing a complete victory condition on it..

not exactly. all victory conditions are based on an element of the game, some are just more strategic than others. i haven't tried this mod, but it seems to add another dimension to the game: spreading your religion and keeping out/killing the others.

I think religion was just meant to help a Civ attain victory, not to be the cause of it.

cthom said:
not exactly. all victory conditions are based on an element of the game, some are just more strategic than others. i haven't tried this mod, but it seems to add another dimension to the game: spreading your religion and keeping out/killing the others.

That's not what i said though. Of course all are based on an element of the game, but the others are bassed on huge elements of the game (e.g. technology, combat, culture), while religion is only a very small element and not very developped at all. Maybe in Civ 5 they'll expand on religion and then it can warrant its own victory condition.

Well those of us that want to play with religious victory condition enabled will and those that don't won't no worries.:p

The expansion of the religions to make them different but more interesting, along with some other mods folks in the completed modpacks section have made, make religious victory just as interesting, strategic and viable as any other condition in the game.

Then again to know that you would actually have had played it with these features enabled, otherwise any comments about how it works or does not is just somebody who does not know flapping their gums.:lol:

i don't think this victory condition would work out. you'll have to have closed borders all the time to not let the other civs spam your cities with religions.

another effect is that more than one religion is allowed in a city. so you get "infected" by your enemies all the time.

the only way to prevent this is going to war all the time and wiping out cities with opposing religions.

hm, would be like the real world. ongoing wars for centuries just because of different religions.

in any case i don't see it as a "new" victory condition. it's more of a conquest victory with an added random factor to loose.

I was replying to the first post. He wasn't advocating a complete mod with tons of additions to religion, just a victory condition. Under those circumstances, my comments are perfectly valid.

Play with your mod all you want of course. As for me, i hate mods. Don't have anything against your mod in particular, just all mods!

thordk said:
i don't think this victory condition would work out. you'll have to have closed borders all the time to not let the other civs spam your cities with religions.

another effect is that more than one religion is allowed in a city. so you get "infected" by your enemies all the time.

the only way to prevent this is going to war all the time and wiping out cities with opposing religions.

hm, would be like the real world. ongoing wars for centuries just because of different religions.

in any case i don't see it as a "new" victory condition. it's more of a conquest victory with an added random factor to loose.

Hmm, Theocracy comes to mind:rolleyes:

Zombie69 said:
Play with your mod all you want of course. As for me, i hate mods. Don't have anything against your mod in particular, just all mods!

Yeah, that's clear:mischief:

Top Bottom