wow tech popping monarch huts!!!

NaZdReG

Warmonger
I was starting a game with frederick to do a great wall philo spying game to illustrate what futurehermit and I were looking into. I wasn't thrilled with the starting position but didn't want to reroll so I went with it.

I usually spiral scout, but when finding a hut I go either laterally or downward in a zig zag in the hopes of finding more. My first hut was a scout... not bad. so I sent one east and the other south.. I was building a scout at home to finish near base scouting.

I encountered quite a few more huts (5), considered myself lucky. each one made me progressively more thankful to the RNG but kinda like wtf??

the first one popped masonry and I said wow ok cool thats helpful....

the next few popped:
bronze working
iron working (wtf)
archery
animal husbandry.
its 3760 bc and I'm already classical

one of my scouts got eaten but so what?

I've never seen this many tech pops in a row. though I'll play the game out for fun its kinda ruined in terms of the great wall spy gambit (whats left to steal...)

here's a couple of screenies though

NaZ

A while back, I was Freddy and had a similiar situation. I popped BW then Iron working from consecutive huts. This happened before my initial border pop.

Asoka was on my near west (for a few turns anyway). It was my first try at monarch, and it was too unbalanced after I steam rolled two opponents so quickly. I never finished it

it does happen, though it's rare. it's like popping hbriding in the ancient era. it gives you a very strong advantage. tbh i would rather have IW than hbr though :lol:

it's random and it's low odds for the better ones so i'm cool with it. plus the ai pops monarchy and then takes feudalism off the oracle in the early bc era sometimes so i count it as even :lol:

I always turn the goody hut option off. If i find only barbs or too many techs it is either way ruined.

Top Bottom