Written on the Civ5 Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdgsgds

Mustard Enthusiast
This was under the civilizations info.

The Ottoman Empire was born in Anatolia (in modern Turkey) at the start of the 13th century. It expanded into three continents and thrived for some six centuries. Many Americans know very little about the Ottoman Empire (it occupies the blind spot Americans have for pretty much everything between Greece and China). This is a great pity, for the Ottoman Empire was vast, powerful, and extremely interesting.

What an ignorant statement, in my opinion.

On a happier note, I learned something from that page.

Tradition in Turkey says that a stranger at one's doorstep is considered "God's guest" for at least three days.

Edit: Wow I just saw that other guy's post. Oh well. Still! What a stupid thing for those writers to say!!

But it's true. How many Americans know who Mehmed II was?

It says "MOST" Americans (meaning the average Joe), so if you do know it don't get all upset. Ask the average Joe what the Mughal Empire was and post replies.

This text has been changed.

The Ottoman Empire was born in Anatolia (in modern Turkey) at the start of the 13th century. It expanded into three continents and thrived for some six centuries.

The comments that included "America" were removed.

Mehmed II could have been geographically dumb himself. Sure he may have been a sound leader, but that doesn't mean one is wise nor does mean one is an encyclopedia of geographical knowledge. Furthermore, other translations say that it says the whole world knows very little about the Ottoman Empire (it occupies the blind spot all people have for pretty much everything between Greece and China). [Way to spit all over the Ottomans Firaxis! Great job, kick them while they are down!]

And that is so true, Europe, Asia, Africa, Americas, Australia, and even Turkey.. they are all 'Mostly' just ignorant to everything between Greece and China, geographically speaking. So True, it's practically a fact. Everything between Greece and China is even geographically ignorant of everything between Greece and China.

We still want the names of the anti-world maniac at Firaxis who writes trash comments like that though. :devil:

The website is 2k gregs dept so maybe 2kgreg hates americans ?

"So your father was a hamster, and your mother smelled of elderberries, go away or I shall taunt you some more" - Monty Python, search for the Holy Grail

Now that would have been perfect for the French.

We still want the names of the anti-world maniac at Firaxis who writes trash comments like that though. :devil:

And gets paid to do it. Where did they find their writers? A summer employment project for first-year highschool students?

Yep, that's some professional writer they have there! A veritable Toynbee! Can't wait to see the rest of the Civilopedia. I can just imagine:

The French: Cwrdly surrender mokeys, the French builded the Eiffel Tower and like to wear beretts.

England: The English were ruled by very mean kings and queens and dint know about democracy until Chrucill was eelected in 1942.

Greece: Most people dont know this but Greeks had computers and used steam power to conquer everybody.

This was under the civilizations info.

The Ottoman Empire was born in Anatolia (in modern Turkey) at the start of the 13th century. It expanded into three continents and thrived for some six centuries. Many Americans know very little about the Ottoman Empire (it occupies the blind spot Americans have for pretty much everything between Greece and China). This is a great pity, for the Ottoman Empire was vast, powerful, and extremely interesting.

What an ignorant statement, in my opinion.

Indeed, Firaxis should of known better than to put insulting garbage like that on the game's official website.

It has been corrected, but there is still a chance that the original description will be included in the in-game civilopedia.

The French: Cwrdly surrender mokeys, the French builded the Eiffel Tower and like to wear beretts.

England: The English were ruled by very mean kings and queens and dint know about democracy until Chrucill was eelected in 1942.

Greece: Most people dont know this but Greeks had computers and used steam power to conquer everybody.

:rotfl: That is seriously some funny stuff right there.

The copy on the website looks likes it's written by an engineer. Hopefully they will hire an actual writer at some point.

Like this:
The islands of Japan are born of the unimaginable violence of plate tectonics, arising as the Pacific Plate is ground beneath the Eurasian Plate. The result is a mountainous land of great beauty and peril, where the people live and thrive in a narrow corridor between volcano and sea.

is not an overview of the japanese civilization, but an overview of the geographical formation of the island nation.

The only thing written about the civilization of Japan is 'where the people live and thrive' portion. (OMG! :eek: I never knew that! Japanese people live and thrive on the japanese islands!)

Perhaps it was an Earth Scientist they hired.

Maybe they spent the extra bucks and hired Mike Roe from the Disovery Channel.

You realize what this means... We have had a visible effect on the game!
:dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom