1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Wrong greeting message?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by NintendoTogepi, May 1, 2008.

1. NintendoTogepi

NintendoTogepi Noble Pacifist

So I'm playing a OCC as Augustus (very common game for me to play) and things are going good, me and Confucian Tokugawa and Confucian Zara are on our happy little continent and we are all friendly with each other.

So I eventually am greeted by the other civs.

First the religion hogs of Gandhi and Mansa appear. Gandhi has founded Hinduism, Judaism and Taoism and Mansa has founded Christanity and Islam. They have a massive continent and Mansa has a ridiculous amount of land.

So I build a few ships and send three missionaries over, converting two Indian and one Mali city to Confucianism. So when my ships are on their way back and I am loading them with missionaries again, I am greeted by Gilgamesh...BUT, his greeting message is incorrect!

His message was CATHERINE'S! Gilgamesh pops up and says to me "Hello Augustus. I Gilgamesh am always looking for CLOSER relations with other leaders, if you get my drift" (or something like that)

I was laughing so hard I forgot to take a picture!

Augustus Caesar: "Um...well, you are handsome Mr. Gilgamesh but...um...ah who cares, sure I'll see you a few hours :p"

:lol:

It was really strange though. I ran into Catherine 3-5 turns later though, and she gave me the correct message.

*Augustus thinks...why are all of these leaders flirting with me?!*

Seriously though, how is this possible and why did it happen?

Really odd, I wish I would have gotten a picture! I'll forever remember the day Gilgamesh flirted with Augustus Caesar :lol:

P.S. The game ended in a Diplomatic win, between me and Zara we converted Gilgamesh (Who turned out to be Cathy's vassal) and Catherine to Confucianism and I got Gandhi to go Free Religion.

I built the U.N. and managed to propose "Open Borders" and "One Currency" as well as "Enviromentalism", all resulting in wins, and then I proposed a Diplomatic victory, which was a landslide win, with everyone voting for me and only Mansa voting for himself. And of course Gilgamesh voted for me as well :lol:

2. Airefuego

Airefuego King

I got this one from Paranoid Hannibal. He doesn't know who his enemy is... but he figures SOMEONE is out to get him!!

3. aslindy

aslindy Barely visible

Airefuego... no picture.

4. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

Yeah, there is no picture/text in that spoiler.

:lol: at what Gilgamesh said to you. I think that happens with diplomacy throughout your games, probably a random glitch which you can't do anything about. The advantage is that you can get some good laughs out of it!

(Imagine Gilgamesh with Catherine's actions too!)

5. Bushface

Bushface Deity

No you didn't. You spread Confucianism to those cities, true, but that won't alter the thing that matters most, which is their state religion

6. Airefuego

Airefuego King

I could see the pic in the spoiler, but never mind... I've deleted the spoiler tags, can you see it now?

7. LordMachiavelli

LordMachiavelli Chieftain

I'm getting no pic at all.

LM

8. Airefuego

Airefuego King

Looks like my account is playing up :( I am barred from using easy-upload too, suddenly, even though i have hardly used any of my storage space... oh well :confused:

9. Airefuego

Airefuego King

Take four... :blush:

Attached Files:

10. NintendoTogepi

NintendoTogepi Noble Pacifist

:lol:

That is wonderful. Btw shouldn't you have won a Domination win on that game already?

11. Airefuego

Airefuego King

I think I was about two turns away. :D

As you probably guessed, everone but Hannibal was my vassal already. You can see I am running the culture slider high. As soon as I got a border pop in my latest conquests (where the minimap is centered) it was game over. :king: