WW2 Atomic Weapons as Spaceship

Patine

Deity
This has probably been thought of, though I have yet to see it implemented. Given the facts that an AI (and especially Human) player isn't going to surrender in the face of nuclear weapons permanently (especially if they can't because they're event-locked into war), and given the FW scenario Iceplanet shows you CAN restrict Spaceship tech by restricting the tech tree, I thought of maybe doing Atomic Weapons as a Spaceship, especially after Boco's masterwork in El Aurens 2. You could have Manhatten Project as Apollo Program (instead of, actually, Manhatten Project), and the assembly of "Long-Range Aircraft" as SS Structural, the smaller bomb as SS Module, and the bigger one as SS Life Support (I think that's how it goes, anyways). I suppose, arguably, in a strategic scenario if they devoted their resources earlier and were winning, you could justify the Germans also having it, but that's only arguable. I suppose in that case it would suck to be playing the ally of a power developing Atomic Weapons, but this is the idea anyways. Thoughts?

It would also be an interesting mechanic as applied to a Cold War(Early Period) nuclear weapons build up, which each piece of the space ship representing an arm of the nuclear triad.

I've always wanted to make a "Rogue Nation" scenario where you have to piece together enough resources & technology for a nuclear weapon.

Top Bottom