1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

WW2 Global Gold

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Civinator, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

The next version of WW2 Global Gold now is 'in the work'. The SOE techtree is implemented and many units are updated or added. An advanced version of WW2 Global Gold is also 'in planing' with the working title "1939". The later will be a combination of WW2 Global Gold and SOE, using many special modding settings that I have created for SOE.

The next version of WW2 Global Gold will also hold some of the features of 1939, among them Germany starting with a Golden Age and all WW2 battleships arriving with their names at their proper date on the map.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  2. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

These are massive efforts. I am playing WWII Eu Front again and got an appreciation for these scenarios anew. Very glad you are still working to get many of them back to the point that they are downloadable.

3. Crispin

Crispin Chieftain

I remember this mod, godamn I had a lot of fun with it back in the day. Just wanted to show my appreciation. I think it's time to revist this gem.

4. Civinator

Crispin, thank you very much for your continuing interest in WW2 Global Gold. :)

The next version of this scenario in most parts besides the civilopedia is ready since early December 2020.

The problem is, that with the adapted techtree from SOE, based on a monthly research progress, this techtree is looking somewhat empty and a lot of units from SOE should be added to that scenario.

Here is the current techtree of SOE for Germany in the same period of time for reasons of comparison:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  5. Redman

Redman Emperor

Very nice! I'm excited!

6. Glutius Max

Glutius Max Warlord

Where can this be downloaded at?

7. Civinator

Glutius Max, two posts above you can read, that the next version of this scenario isn´t ready yet, because the new techtree with only the units of the original WW2 Global Gold is looking too empty.

8. Glutius Max

Glutius Max Warlord

Oh, yeah I read that. I was assuming there might be an earlier version that could be downloaded somewhere. Looks good so far though. Can't wait to try it out.

9. Civinator

Glutius Max likes this.
  10. Fortis1

Fortis1 Prince

Sorry for an off-topic, but is there any chance to see a remake of The Great War scenario some day?

11. Civinator

Rocoteh´s and Sarevok´s The Great War scenario was a great highlight in modding Civ 3 nearly 20 years ago. With the CCM 2.50 expansion, a graphical update could be done easily by modifying the pediaicons file in about one day. If the different ship graphics with its additional entries in the pediaicons and the civilopedia files (all with the same stats as they are in the version 2.1 of that scenario) should be added, this could last about 2-3 days.

Rocoteh (who now must be high in his 90s) and Sarevok haven´t appeared in the Civ 3 communities for a long time. My last contact to both of them was at the former SOC site, but I´m sure, that Rocoteh would give his o.k. if he would know about it.

To do such an update would cause an delay in the work of SOE and WW2 Global Gold of some days. Fortis1, do you think, that such a graphical update should be done ?

12. Fortis1

Fortis1 Prince

Well, not at the cost of SOE/WW2 GG delay, of course. I was wondering if you could be interested in such a project, but only after you finish your ongoing ones. I spend quite a lot of time playing TGW back then, and I was wondering. I just stumbled on old files along several other mods I had and thought on giving it a try. While decent for those days' standards, graphics is quite outdated for nowdays. And, besides that, there some core gameplay concepts which could be improved thanks to discoveries in modding in recent years. For example, I remember steamrolling through AI with artillery, while it could barely handle it. Artillery was one of key parts of WWI and it would be great if AI could make more profit out of it. However, simple graphics update would be a lot on its own.

Sounds great, because, in this case I can update graphics myself and share it with fellow civers here. I don't think, that I will have time for it in near future, but I will get to it eventually. A lot of beatiful graphics has been made for WWI period and such a nice scenario deserves to be updated.

Thank you very much for the reply and thank you for titanic labor you are doing with CCM, SOE and WW2 GG. I can't even imagine how much effort and dedication it requires. Can't wait to see them finished.

13. Delta_Strife

Delta_Strife Deity Supporter

Any update to the Great War scenario would be fantastic. I once started a WWI mod of my own then I realized how many models I needed to complete what I wanted. I soon lost interest because I was missing so much. However that was many years ago and I have been slowly collecting those models so if you need anything Fortis1 let me know. I am not as fast as I used to be but eventually I get stuff done.

Fortis1 likes this.
  14. Civinator

It seems beneath The Great War 2.1 (that is installed at my pc), there also exists a version in 'Division level' with a revised map by Cellku (who made a masterly worldmap for WW2 Global). All links to the 'Division level' download and the revised map seem to be dead since the last transfer of CFC to the new provider.
    Can anybody here post working download links for 'The Great War Division level' and the revised map ? I think, before anybody here is making some thoughts about a possible upgrade of this scenario, it is a good idea, to have a look at these versions of the scenario, too.

15. ThrillKill

ThrillKill Chieftain

Hello, I have been following this topic on an off for 15 years or so and only came back to it now. Good to see this work is not dead but very well and thriving. My congrats to everyone working on it!

I do not see the links for Global Gold in the original OP. Where are these posted?

16. Civinator

ThrillKill, welcome back at CFC. It was posted at the former SOC site. At present WW2 Global Gold is not available.

17. ThrillKill

ThrillKill Chieftain

Thanks Civinator... I found your alternate forum on the existing files from Rocoteh's great work and I also see that the SOC site is no longer running.

Question: I am running the Steam version of Civ3... Do I just copy the .biq's to the Civ3Complete\conquests\scenarios folder?

18. Civinator

I don´t have the Steam version of Civ 3 Complete. Yes, for installation you have to copy the biqs and separately the mainfolders of the scenarios into the scenarios folder. The next version of my inofficial C3C expansion CCM 2, that holds thousands of units for easy use in all scenarios and other mods and the upcoming versions of SOE and WW2 Global Gold, needs a different installation in the C3C mainfile, that I have described in the first page in the thread of this mod.

For playing mods and scenarios, that were not created with the steam version of Civ 3 Complete (and this are almost all C3C mods and scenarios !) you have to change the labels text file in the text folder with the Steam labelstext patch, that for example is attached to my expansion CCM 2 and my mod RARR, otherwise the steam labels text file will play havoc with the texts of those mods and scenarios (this is the reason why I really don´t like the steam version).

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  19. ThrillKill

ThrillKill Chieftain

Hello Civinator,

Another quick question...

If I read the OP correct, you pulled the files for Global Gold while you are working on the updated version, correct?

20. Civinator

No, it´s more complicated, but at present I don´t have the time for this longer story.