WW2-Global

Drivebymaster said:
I played as Germany for the fun of conquests.

I had built tanks like crazy and had 2 towns creating paratroopers to take England AGAIN and 3 creating Marines to take out N Africa.

Objectives for my game as Germany:
1: Try and kick every one off of Europe except Allies of course (DONE)
2: Take out Turkey (DONE)
3: Take out N. Africa (Current)
4: Take All of Africa (Current)
5: Destroy Russia
6: INVADE AMERICA (Overall Goal)

Drivebymaster,

Thank you for the report.

In 1.4 it will be much harder to invade Britain.

Welcome back.

Rocoteh

Ya I just had america clean England out literally they took all of it. :(

Now the UK, France, USA, and whoever is all in this alliance has declared war on Russia. Good news for me bad news for France and Russia. My plan has turned from Africa to Invading Russia after they become spread out among there Land.

I am a strategist

One other thing have you looked at all of the SOE updated units at the old CDG website? There are a ton of units there that need to replace some. I have replaced most of them on my own time for you mod.

Pfeffersack,

"Germany takes and razes Lyon." Pfeffersack

Bad news, since it has a Wonder.

"Japan demands horses and my refusal covers their Bluff!"
Pfeffersack

Horses! A strange demand!

"Germany takes and razes Marseille" Pfeffersack

Marseille will no longer starve in 1.4.

"America takes Osaka and sends a heavy fleet (about 10 battleships and cruisers, no transports) towards Toyohava" Pfeffersack

This should no longer happen in 1.4.

"Great Britain (absolute superpower, the strange thing is they don't have a single tank...):" Pfeffersack

It seems like AI choose to build Marines instead.
Again: Version 1.4 shold change this.

"France (still strong, if you consider they lost entire continental France!):"
Pfeffersack

Yes, I agree.

"Germany (generally too weak, especially tanks and airforce.Seem to concrentrate on elite infantery instead of regular infantery):"

Again,the new version will make a great difference.

"USA (also no tanks and weak air force!):"
Pfeffersack

I regard their initial OOB as correct though. It have been further
improved in 1.4.

Thank you and welcome back.

Rocoteh

Drivebymaster said:
Ya I just had america clean England out literally they took all of it. :(

Now the UK, France, USA, and whoever is all in this alliance has declared war on Russia. Good news for me bad news for France and Russia. My plan has turned from Africa to Invading Russia after they become spread out among there Land.

I am a strategist

"One other thing have you looked at all of the SOE updated units at the old CDG website? There are a ton of units there that need to replace some. I have replaced most of them on my own time for you mod."
Drivebymaster

Yes I have checked it.

On the plan: Going for Russia should be a good idea.

Rocoteh

If it's not too much to ask, is there anyway the file can be split into seperate downloads which are a bit smaller? I cannot possibly download the 95 MB file on my dial-up connection. I've been looking forward to playing it for awhile now and the farthest I've been able to get is about 80 megs downloaded then the connection fails. I even went to the trouble of downloading a program in an attempt to keep my connection alive permanently but it failed also. If you can help out it would be appreciated.

Inkstier said:
If it's not too much to ask, is there anyway the file can be split into seperate downloads which are a bit smaller? I cannot possibly download the 95 MB file on my dial-up connection. I've been looking forward to playing it for awhile now and the farthest I've been able to get is about 80 megs downloaded then the connection fails. I even went to the trouble of downloading a program in an attempt to keep my connection alive permanently but it failed also. If you can help out it would be appreciated.

Inkstier,

I wished I could help you.

The problem is though that even now with only one download
many people have many problems wih installing.(This holds true
for other scenarios also.)
Splitted downloads should also mean much more people that will
have problems to install the scenario.
It also for that reason I avoid "add on" graphic expansions.
Such expansions would mean more install-problems and would
no doubt create confusion after a while.

Rocoteh

Japan - Week 1, 1943 - things are heating up !

Soviets are furious since the Japanese army has captured large part of Siberia (including the cities of : Vladivostok, Khabarovsk, Kumara, Chita, Alexandrovsk, Ayan, and Yakutsk)...

Hoping to get a decisive battle against me, the Soviets launched a Huge offensive in Northern China !
They sent 39 T34, 12 SU-122, 15 Infantry, 5 Paratroopers, 2 HMG, 1 Marines, and 1 Communist Infantry. The whole things are backuped by the Soviets Airforces wich I can't say how much they are here...

I will try to stop them with my unmechanized units... :rolleyes:

LBPB,

This really looks intereresting!

I am looking forward to hear how this battle ended.

Rocoteh

Rocoteh, I can see the point about not having separate downloads to split the process up, and I am willing to live with that with the current download size. However, the v1.4 download will be MUCH larger, and my dialup connection will take (based upon rough calculations) 12 hours to downloadv1.4 assuming it is 140 MB. Could you please split THAT up? I'm afraid there is no way I'll be able to upgrade all at once. :( :cry:

And of course, My report:

My overall strategy is to just Flood the Japs in the pacific with large numbers of Carriers and HCC2s, and take every island they captured or hold, including, ultimately, the home Islands. Their land holdings in China and French Indo-china can wait. After the Japs are taken, its Russia's turn. :D

wk35, 1940 - My task force captures Borneo, which the Japs had taken at an earlier date. The group heads to Davao. My Carrier Group heads North to intercept a Japanese convoy sighted by submarine outposts.
Russia has razed Warsaw and Danzig.
Japan takes Naning, Hanoi, and Lhasa.

Two weeks later, my second task force with 2 of the General class heavy cruisers, Custer and Washington, set sail from Los Angeles, carrying 8 marine divisions to the Mariana Islands.

Japan taks Hong Kong.

Next turn, Davao is retaken from the Japs, and task force one goes off to Caroline Islands.
Japs take Kunming, only Himalayan China is left.

wk39, I capture Caroline Is., task force one is headed to Gaum.
wk40, Gaum is taken. Task force one has run out of Marines and the transport is disbanded in harbor. The Cruisers move north to bombard japan. A Japanese Convoy is seen moving towards the Phillipenes.
wk 41, The Japanese convoy lands one tank *snigger* next to Manila
wk 42, Task force three, with another eight marines and two Cruisers C2 departs the west coast and sets sail for the Kurile Islands; I intend to invade the Japanese home islands from both ends. The Japanese convoy near the phillipenes (now empty) is sunk by planes of the first carrier group. Meanwhile, a Japanese carrier group (containing several BBs and Carriers, the cream of their greatly reduced navy) is sighted by recon patrols West of the Phillipenes. The Japs take Hue on their turn.
wk 43, Carrier group bombs Jap carrier group, inflicting a good deal of damage, but not managing to sink any of the ships. On this turn, I declare war on Brazil, and 9 Marine divisions start marching through the Jungles towards Teffe. On the Jap turn, my Carrier force comes under very heavy bombardment by Japanese planes. Many of the enemy planes are shot down from the combined flak of some 60 odd ships and by the obsolescent fighters that I put on AS because they sucked at bombing.:D :king:
wk44, I bomb the Jap carrier group yet again, but caused less damage than last round. The Japs repeat their act this turn also, bombing my fleet. Again, they sustain heavy losses of aircraft.
wk45, I bomb their group yet again, they are very close to breaking point now! The Japs don't launch counter-strikes this turn, perhaps because their airforce is too depleted, or perhaps because something important was happening in Indo-china and they needed the air support there.
wk46, I succede in sinking half of the Jap's carrier fleet. The other half tries to run for it. They are sunk by my destroyers, as they are out of range for anything larger to hit them. The destroyers sink every last surviving Jap vessel with only one loss. This is a huge blow to the IJN. I believ that was the last of any Japanese capital ship, as well as the last carrier in their possesion. Also sunk was 5 HCC2, 1 CL, and several destroyers. The Pacific is now mine without a doubt. At the same time of this huge Midway-esqe Carrier battle, my forces were battling deep in the jungles of Brazil. The town of Teffe falls, and my Marine forces move out to the next jungle town down the road. Also, task force two finally takes Mariana Is., and heads to Iwo Jima. *Germany Makes Progress in France, Captures Bordeaux!*
wk47, Task force two takes Iwo Jima and turns to Okinawa. My Carrier group heads to Manilla for repairs (despite the highly effective flak and AS, my ships had still suffered damages from stray planes that made it through the screens, though none were sank). Manaus is captured in Brazil.
wk49, Okinawa captured, task force two assualts Formose in the same turn, and George S Patton, hero of Marines everywhere is spawned. :p Formosa is captured, and task force two sets sights on Hainan, where remnants of the Japanese airforce had been giving me a hard time in the area. Task force three arrives at the Kurile Islands, overwhelmes the garrison, and moves on to Toyohara. Germany takes La Coruna (which was French), and Japan takes Batang.
wk50, Task force three takes Toyohara, but takes such heavy losses that a subsequent assualt on the home islands is ruled out. In any case, the entire convoy of one trans and two HCC2 is wiped out by (newly produced) Japanese cruisers several turns later.Task force four departs LA and heads for Kagoshima.
wk51, Carrier force two completes construction. It has at its disposal four carriers and numerous HCC2s (no BBs could be produced or spared, and all DDs were already at sea). The carrier group heads to the central portion of the Jap home islands. A German convoy is spotted on the British coast of 2 Bismarcks and a trans....could this be the AI's version of Sealion? Germany also Takes Marsielle, eliminating the two front war factor from Germany's concerns. With luck, the Ruskies and krauts will have another go at it soon, and maybe even draw the Japs in as well! :)
wk52, Belem in Brazil is taken, as is Haina in the pacific (Barely took this one, the battle went down to the last hp of many of my marines). Patton steps ashore and founds the first amphibious army, which will be the spearhead of the southern thrust into Japan's home islands. The army will take several turns to refit and retrain, as even the healtiest divisions available had but few men. Russia and Iceland sign peace. The Germans land their force in England...consisting of one PzIIIg...sigh, so much for the AI taking England, I would have enjoyed taking it back.:( In the MidEast, the Brits assualt and take Damascus (which had been German) with the help of sea bombardment from two BBs I had in the region. Japan takes Ansi (is this the city with Comm inf autoproduction? Damn, I hope not...:help: ).
wk1, I take Fortaleza in Brazil.
wk2, Japan Captures Urimsti, ending the Communists in china.
wk3, I take Sao Salvador, British take Sardinia
wk4, Sweden declares war on Russia (damn fools...or was it a sub bug again?). Sweden is occupied in short order. Both of My carrier Groups converge on The two main Islands of japan. :D Brazil and the Netherlands sign peace. Darn. maybe later. Japan Attacks my second Carrier group (the one withou any BBs) with their cruisers. Miraculously, I sink both of the attackers.
wk5, My First amphibious army takes Yakushima.
wk6, first amphib army takes Kagoshima.
wk8, task force four finally arrives and takes Nagasaki.
wk9, Task force four takes Hiroshima, and the 1st AA takes Osaka.
wk10, 32d Marines take Kobe.

Thats where I am as of now. After I take the home islands, Japan will be unable to challenge me in any way in the pacific. Should I go for the rest of Japans holdings? If so, should I invade North and take risk the Russians attacking my flank? Or invade South and overrun Siberia once the Japs are dead? Or should I go for Germany and Italy in Europe? Any Ideas?

Rocoteh - this is my first post. Hope this is the way you do it. Offering feedback on ver. 1.3 game that i took thru 10 turns as the brits.
Setup: i finally got the the game to run when i loaded all three operative files into the two sub-directories where i found .biq files. could probably delete some, but having too much fun with the game.
Set Up: opened embassies and traded luxeries with as many countries as i could. Traded or gave resources to all small countries in the path of the axis, including france. set up for growth by ordering cities to produce workers (which i set on auto), graneries, temples, etc. Went for construction of factories in established cities to max production. producing Spitfires in home island and hoarding them.

I keep thinking in terms of the usual WW2 game, with allies, etc. Got to remember, my objective is to take over the world!

First Turn: Spain DOW Ger, France and Italy DOW Turks, a lot of naval combat in north sea and med this turn and next few. german and italian navy trashed after a few turns. Luxury fire sale puts brit income at $500 per turn. Brit ground units evacuated from France.

Second Turn: Thailand DOW France, Dutch navy leaves Europe. Italian fleet invests Algiers. ITaly DOW Spanish. Turkey DOW France. China and US DOW Turkey. Brussels falls but is taken by the Franch.

Third Turn; Brits begin to slog across north africa - one city at a time. very slow. Copenhagen destroyed. Poles down to 2 cities. US fleets are both going north (atlantic fleet will later go west above canada). US/UK/China DOW Thailand. (all my DOW's are mandatory.)

Fourth Turn: Argentina DOW Brazil. Bombing of England begins - Spitfires hold the line. Only Warsaw left - I give Johanesburg to the Poles, where they survive. Was thinking about diplomatic victory - but now feel that no such thing in this game.

Fifth Turn: Spain DOW France. UK/China/US/Dutch/Poland/Belgium DOW Spain.

Sixth Turn: Brussels falls for good.

Seventh Turn: US DOW USSR.

Eighth / Ninth Turns. Germans continue to munch in France. Brits do same in north africa with concentration of artillery and armor from all over africa. Italians in central africa becoming a problem.

Tenth Turn: big round of peace treaties, including axis allies going to peace with a lot of small minors. Big naval battle between US/USSR above norway.

Still have not gone to (or even checked whether i can go to ) mobilization.

Hope this lengthy and slightly obsolete info is of some use.

Japan - ver 1.3 - Emperor

1942 Report

1941 ended with a stalemate as the British had introduced the Challenger tank.

However, we started the year off by taking Bombay. Week 2 we established our Forbidden City in Jaipur.

Counterattacks from Britain continued and we lost Jaipur in turn 8. During this period and for weeks thereafter we faced a giant British armada of about 8-10 battleships accompanied by transports. Fortunately the transports were not loaded. We did lose one or two cities and the Americans took Maianas.

At this point we thought victory impossible as we know the British and Russians will get continuing improved unit while we have little to look forward to. Learning our colleague we decide to load up on artillery. Meanwhile our Yamatos are still the best ships available (until the Americans reach Iowa stage). We drive off the British ships and start to make progress against the British tanks. But not just because of our tactical change - The Germans break through and drive the French out of the Turkish cities and take Damascus. Now the British face the Germans from the Northeast and us from the Southeast.

Perhaps sensing the tide turning, the Russians declare war on Iraq. The Germans declare war on the Russians and we fear the worst. We see a stack of Russian armor but we drive them back with our artillery. Apparently the Persians give the Russians a hard time so the Russians make no progress against the Axis. They eventually sue for peace and we accept. Thereafter the Russians finiish off the Persians.

We lay siege to the remaining British city - Lahore. Since it is on a mountain and has 10 advanced units it is a long siege but eventually we take it and see no British units - presumably the Germans - who have managed to finally drive the French off the continent.

We decide to move south and drive out the Dutch. As the year ends we have taken Guam,Fakfak,Sarmi,Celebes and Timor. The British cities on the mountains are difficult to dislode and we have a hard time getting armor near them.

The Americans are a non-factor. We have fleets bombarding the Marianas and Marcus and the Americans are nice enough to bring in two bombers or fighters each turn for us to destroy. Occassionally a BB shows up and we in the north and we destroy it. Our plan is to drive all the way to Australia which may take the year and then we face the decision to either attack the Russians, flank the British in Africa or drive for the Americas. More than likely we will stop soon, now that 1.4 is out and try the British which may be a little easier with the additional cities.

psweetman1590,

"Rocoteh, I can see the point about not having separate downloads to split the process up, and I am willing to live with that with the current download size. However, the v1.4 download will be MUCH larger, and my dialup connection will take (based upon rough calculations) 12 hours to downloadv1.4 assuming it is 140 MB. Could you please split THAT up? I'm afraid there is no way I'll be able to upgrade all at once."
psweetman1590

That is very bad news.
I want to evaluate the response on the current download
before I make any new decisions on this issue.

"My overall strategy is to just Flood the Japs in the pacific with large numbers of Carriers and HCC2s, and take every island they captured or hold, including, ultimately, the home Islands. Their land holdings in China and French Indo-china can wait. After the Japs are taken, its Russia's turn."
psweetman1590

I will be very interesting to follow if this strategy works.

"The destroyers sink every last surviving Jap vessel with only one loss. This is a huge blow to the IJN. I believ that was the last of any Japanese capital ship, as well as the last carrier in their possesion. Also sunk was 5 HCC2, 1 CL, and several destroyers. The Pacific is now mine without a doubt."
psweetman1590

Now the situation is hopeless for Japan-AI!

"German convoy is spotted on the British coast of 2 Bismarcks and a trans....could this be the AI's version of Sealion?"
psweetman1590

Yes, probably.

"Japan takes Ansi (is this the city with Comm inf autoproduction?"
psweetman1590

Yes, that is correct.

"Thats where I am as of now. After I take the home islands, Japan will be unable to challenge me in any way in the pacific. Should I go for the rest of Japans holdings? If so, should I invade North and take risk the Russians attacking my flank? Or invade South and overrun Siberia once the Japs are dead? Or should I go for Germany and Italy in Europe? Any Ideas?"
psweetman1590

I think you should go for Germany and Italy.

Rocoteh

Drivebymaster said:
Hey roco what country do you need a review of?

Drivebymaster,

Britain!

I really need playtests for Britain.

One reason is that I want more facts concerning if the German
U-boats are to powerful or not.

Rocoteh

William Mitchel,

There have been few people playtesting as Britain.
Such playtests are of high value.

"I keep thinking in terms of the usual WW2 game, with allies, etc. Got to remember, my objective is to take over the world!" William Mitchel

That is very good.

"Third Turn; Brits begin to slog across north africa - one city at a time. very slow. Copenhagen destroyed. Poles down to 2 cities. US fleets are both going north (atlantic fleet will later go west above canada"
William Mitchel

This Arctic move not possible anymore in version 1.4.

"I give Johanesburg to the Poles, where they survive" William Mitchel

I think that is a very good move!

I have had thoughts on changing one city in Canada to Polish,
reflecting the fact that Polish forces fought with the Western allies
after that Poland had been occupied.
Its possible I will implement this change in version 1.5.

A very interesting playtest. I am looking forward to follow it.

Rocoteh

Top Bottom