WWI Scenario

That would be awesome. I think the ability to raze is necessary too though. I've had to manually go through all of my cities to make sure none of them have enough food to grow and reduce my happiness more, and manually lock down every tile because for some reason they keep switching back on their own. It took a couple hours to do a single turn when I was doing that lol.

I think the world congress keeps things kind of interesting, I don't see any reason to disable it. Right now I'm trying to use it to set the world ideology as mine so my citizens will stop wanting to switch, I've had to switch twice because of them. But now I'm sticking to order because all the happiness I get from its policies helps me more than switching would.

One thing I can think of that would make the gameplay more interesting is if the alliances were more concrete. Like if the countries were automatically allied with who they were in WWI and they ignored warmonger penalties and such and just stuck together. Austria betrayed me pretty early on, and England never tried to stop me from wiping out france. I was actually on good terms with England for longer than I was with Austria. So if there was a way to make the politics more realistic that would take the mod to the next level. I don't know how modding works though so I'm not sure if that's possible. But overall it's been a really fun scenario.

That would be awesome. I think the ability to raze is necessary too though. I've had to manually go through all of my cities to make sure none of them have enough food to grow and reduce my happiness more, and manually lock down every tile because for some reason they keep switching back on their own. It took a couple hours to do a single turn when I was doing that lol.

I think the world congress keeps things kind of interesting, I don't see any reason to disable it. Right now I'm trying to use it to set the world ideology as mine so my citizens will stop wanting to switch, I've had to switch twice because of them. But now I'm sticking to order because all the happiness I get from its policies helps me more than switching would.

One thing I can think of that would make the gameplay more interesting is if the alliances were more concrete. Like if the countries were automatically allied with who they were in WWI and they ignored warmonger penalties and such and just stuck together. Austria betrayed me pretty early on, and England never tried to stop me from wiping out france. I was actually on good terms with England for longer than I was with Austria. So if there was a way to make the politics more realistic that would take the mod to the next level. I don't know how modding works though so I'm not sure if that's possible. But overall it's been a really fun scenario.

Thank you for the response. I have a friend that is good with coding lua. I'll ask him about concrete alliances. I am going to delete religious buildings. How about tourism? I can diminish it so that there are not a lot of chances for civs to have to change ideologies. I did this for my new WWII scenario and it is so much less stressful playing it.

Things I want to do and don't want to do.

1. I don't want to turn on city razing, because the AI is most annoying razing everything in it's path. So, building as many TPs as possible, to me, is better than having a wasteland.
2. I will give each civ 3 factories in important cities and choose their ideology. This way there is not an overload of Order civs.
3. I want to diminish tourism to almost nil, so happiness generally stays content. Happiness is all important in this scenario.
4. I will reduce the level of unhappiness per city to 0. This should help a lot towards maintaining a larger empire. As far as I know annexing cities saves happiness in the long run.
5. Maybe I can add faster aircraft animations. Fighters and bombers trying to sink subs gets on my nerves. I do not know why they had to have a 10 min animation for that.
6.? Any more ideas let me know.

finally, why isnt the map and the other mods besides R.E.D. on page one? this is super confusing

The map is inside the mod folder.

WWIMapNew (v 2).zip file goes to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS folder. Then you take the map and place it in here. Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps.

1. Start the game go to mods. Load the mod then back out of the game. Go into the mod and Copy the map and paste it to the maps folder to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps.

2. Start the game again. Enable WWIMapNew (v 2). mod. Choose single player, setup game. Then go to map type. Scroll down and find WWIMapNew. Click back and click the load scenario button. Choose your civ. Then click start scenario.

Ok let me get this straight.
So far I fixed the social policies.

France/Britain/Dutch in alliance together. They are Freedom ideology.

Germany/Austria-Hungary in alliance. They are Autocracy.

Russia/Serbia in alliance. They are Order, even though it is not historically correct it balances the scenario.

Arabia and Italy are Freedom civs. Ottoman is Autocracy. Spain/Sweden/Kabyle/Greece are up in the air as far as ideologies go.

I will reduce tourism so there is no rampant ideology changes.

Then I want to add some leaderheads. So far I have or can get Nicholas II. I found Franz Joseph. The Kaiser Wilhelm II. Maybe I could use Charles De Gaulle as Clemenceau. If not I can add a picture of him and other leaders for fallback images.

I also took two cities out of France. It should be better at growing Paris now. Someone told me France could not keep up with production, because of cities being so close together. On the same token I took out Stuttgart for Germany. This will give troops on the Western front more room to maneuver for battles. It should be a better mod all around when I am done.

I am still up in the air about the world congress. It seems to me a military scenario does not need a world congress. A congress is not going to work much when everyone is trying to kill each other. :sniper: :D

The update will be ready tomorrow. I kept the world congress.

I want to add one more city to Russia, Brest-Litovsk. Then make sure all teams have permanent peace with each other.

Civs I did not have leaderheads for I added country flags to represent them. So, it looks much better and plays smooth.

I have trouble selecting the map. First I (mistakenly) put the mod file in the map folder, (It was named WW1NewMAP) but eventually I saw it and placed it in the mods folder. So I start the game and select the three mods (End at 1918 no longer works). But Info addict and R.E.D Do. But yea I just never see the map anywhere.

Also have WW1 Infantry in.

I have trouble selecting the map. First I (mistakenly) put the mod file in the map folder, (It was named WW1NewMAP) but eventually I saw it and placed it in the mods folder. So I start the game and select the three mods (End at 1918 no longer works). But Info addict and R.E.D Do. But yea I just never see the map anywhere.

Also have WW1 Infantry in.

Re download the new version in the OP. I just updated it. Then follow these instructions.

The map is inside the mod folder.

WWIMapNew (v 2).zip file goes to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS folder. Unzip the file in the MODS folder.

1. Start the game go to mods. Load the mod then back out of the game. Go into the mod at Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS folder. Copy the map and paste it to the maps folder to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps. The map is called WWINewReworked.

2. Start the game again. Enable WWIMapNew (v 2). mod. Choose single player, setup game. Then go to map type. Scroll down and find WWIMapNew. Click back and click the load scenario button. Choose your civ. Then click start scenario.

Ok this mod scenario is finished. New download for the scenario is in the OP. Now it is time to move on to the Pacific War scenario. :)

Thanks, works well! Although quick question, how come the map on the bottom right is so small?

Hello again

I'm getting a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error with this mod, when I load my savegame. Does anybody know why and what the solution is?

I can start a new game and play with no problem. But after saving, I can't load it... :cry:

- It does not happen with nokmirts WWII scenario, or in any other case.
- I have verified game cache via Steam

I'm sing these mods:
+ WWI scenario (nokmirts)
+ Culture buildings buff
+ infoaddict
+ Enhanced user interface v 1.26a

I have attached the error message and a screendump of my installed elements regarding microsoft visual C++

Attachments

• runtime_error_civ_v.JPG
    runtime_error_civ_v.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 265
  • Microsoft_visual_C.JPG
    Microsoft_visual_C.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 260
Hello again

I'm getting a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error with this mod, when I load my savegame. Does anybody know why and what the solution is?

I can start a new game and play with no problem. But after saving, I can't load it... :cry:

- It does not happen with nokmirts WWII scenario, or in any other case.
- I have verified game cache via Steam

I'm sing these mods:
+ WWI scenario (nokmirts)
+ Culture buildings buff
+ infoaddict
+ Enhanced user interface v 1.26a

I have attached the error message and a screendump of my installed elements regarding microsoft visual C++

You probably have a corrupt steam cloud save like me. Follow this to the spoiler to the letter and your problem should be solved.

Spoiler :

Ok - for all those that don't know.

I had a corrupt steam cloud save.

It caused my game to crash (Runtime error) as soon as i pressed the "Load Game" button, [Please not, this is the "Load Game" button directly after the "Single Player" button (even before you get to choose which game to load)]

So what to do.

Open steam
Go to Steam--->Setting--->Downloads+cloud
Untick "Enable Steam Cloud sync"
Then Steam--->Go offline...

Then go to your steam userdata dir (in my case C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata)
Click on the numbers folder (your Steam ID)
look for the number folder "8930" (Civ V app ID)
delete everything inside (This is your steam cloud saves for Civ V)
Launch Civ V
Start a game
play 2 turns
Save the game in steam could
exit Civ
exit steam
go to the Civ App ID folder again
delete remotecache.vdf
start steam
Go to online mode
tick "Enable Steam Cloud sync" (Steam--->Setting--->Downloads+cloud)
Start Civ
A Cloud Sync Conflict dialog should appear
Select "Upload to the Steam Cloud"
The game should then start

And your loading errors should be a thing of the past.

You probably have a corrupt steam cloud save like me. Follow this to the spoiler to the letter and your problem should be solved.

Cool, thx for the advice. I never save anything in the cloud though, but will try this anyway tonight.
--------
Have played 115 turns as Sweeden on deity and have had a lot's of fun and here are some input to you :)

- When does Electronics and BS unlock in the techtree? Please write in OP.

- Frigates IS missed imo in the beginning of the game. It gives iron purpose og you can start to build AND use navy from the start, which seem more natural to me. And upgrade later

- It is somewhat strange that the wwi inf is weaker than alomost all other land units in late game. Hmm. A machine gun is always better wiht a tank on the side to blitz into the cities. Even AA is the same in strenght.
My suggestion
Inf 55
Tank 60
AA 50
M.Gun 50

- It is strange to me that we can build all the old wonders here in the industrial era... The first 40-60 turns is a total wonder rush mode, which I find unapropriate in a WWI scenario. They are superb buildings lots of them, so if they are there, I want them. Please place them in apropriate cities from the start and take some out.
- Let civs that need a buff to balance preplaced wonders start with some trade units from T1 in combination with one or two cranvansaries/harbors, so there is a real choice between making money or flowing food/hammers into internal trade routes.

- Austria/Hungary got slauthered by turn 60 by russia and italy. Maybe they need a buff? Not sure though, only played one game, so I'll get back if I see this Again.

Needed in OP, imo (Also in your other great :goodjob: scenarios: WWII, Napoleonic ... etc.)
- Max turns for the Scenario
- Picture of tech tree
- Write what the wondersituation is, in broad strokes.
- Electronics, what is the BS-nerf
- Info on special rules, like in the WWII scanario, where Oxford library doesn't give a free tech. (Guess it's the same in WWI ?? - never built it due to this suspission)
And if its possible to settle new cities only 3 tiles from existing ones. (Which I have seen ai do)
- A couple of notes about the social policy setup. Just to give us an idea like (Civs has 7-10 policies: in tradition/Liberty, combined with some policies in one or two apropriate trees. Civs that has ideologi from T1 get 3 ideological tennets for free) ...or something like that.

Feel free to use some of this if you like. Its a REALLY great map as it is :goodjob: thx ! :D

(sry for the spelling):mischief:

Thank you. I will update it at some point.

I was bored,and I started playing this great scenario again.
My improvement ideas:
-Should give 1-2 workers to start with
-Cities should be connected with roads
-Wonders should be set for each country
-Some trade ships / caravans should be given for countries to start with,so the game could start easier and faster.

EDIT:
As I play more,I get more ideas.

-There should be the english cities Gibraltar and Suez,so it would be more accurate.Instead of a sea tile between the Mediterranean sea and the Red sea ,there should be the city of Suez,and the city owner could use it to cross between the two seas,since the Suez canal was built in 1869.

-My history teacher once told the class that one of the reasons WWI started out was that the Main powers had no colonies.Maybe Germany had some,but not much.So i guess it would be important to add some of the colonies in the map,wouldn't it?I think that North-Africa was fully settled by the europeans,and in the scenario,almost no one has land there..It would be a large advantage/disadvantage.I imagine it like in the scenario Scramble for Africa. Only maybe it doesn't have to contain the full map of Africa,because that would make the scenario much bigger...But this is up to you,I only shared my thoughts with you.

And I don't know why,but as the United Kingdom,I can't declare war on Serbia.Interesting.And city states only appear in the second turn.

OK, I'm here to deliver my speech :D. I have Played this Mod in which it was interesting. But I'm not here to say that. But to deliver my Review on it and make some suggestion.

1. When I play the Scenario with the Mod and R.E.D pack enabled. Each Civ has its own cities... BUT the Borders haven't been set up. so that it makes so sort of problems. first of all that most Civs Establish New Cities, for Example Spain Finds Cities all over the Northern Africa.

2. There is no improvements in the map, I mean you don't even spawn with a single worker. so first of all you will produce workers. in which the AI won't do that or rarely. in which it will gives you a huge advantage over the AI.

3. No wonders have been made for the Cities. even the Ancient Wonders. so Everyone [AI and the Player] focuses on producing it for bonuses. in which you can later see Hagia sophia in London and Pyramids in Paris [just for ex.]

4. the Map is Huge. in which is good and I like it. but there are many empty spaces due to its hugeness. in which it will fill up with barbarians all over the map. and the Cities of Northern Africa haven't been there in the scenario. so that the Civs will Establish cities there

5. That is Great that Civs can't declare war on their Historical Allies which is great for being Historical. but... there it needs to make it really smell WWI! I played as Ottomans, In which they are too be a bit weak and challenging as it was in history. But as I said I started to make Workers in all my Cities and made my self best Civ in the Scenario. in which I was watching the AI making Wonders and Buildings. as well when the peace treaty ending between me and England. they Declared war on me with Russia! in which it was most interesting. but they didn't have a single land Unit in Egypt to fight with me. only two Naval which I sank them down with my bombardment Cities and they were not even moving! and Egypt was mine. as well not a single land Unit from Russia. Because their Territory was so big and they didn't have Roads from their Core cities connected to the their Nearby Cities to me. in which that makes no challenge and Historical to Ottomans. in which they were to be facing many challenges attacking nearby Cities of Russia and a challenging defense against UK forces from Egypt!

6. Suez canal is Opened. which prevents from Land Trading between middle East and Africa.

*. Simply I want to say:
-Make it more Historical!
-Give more bonus to the AI in which they aren't as good as the player.
-Fill the Blank Spaces of the Map to prevent from making new Cities and Rage Barbarians.
-Maybe making the map a bit smaller and cut off the parts which are unnecessary. mostly the Right and the Bottom part of the map. as well abit of the Northern part.
-Being mostly a War game not Wonder and building Building game, especially for the AI.
-For Suez Canal. I have Edited the Map and Created this:
Spoiler :

in which it opens the Suez canal for the one who controls Suez City and as well everyone can trade between Africa and Middle-East as well Europe. you also missed a river for Istanbul.
-Put some forces in Egypt for UK, some forces for Russia in borders with Ottomans. as well make some road system for them.
-a Smarter AI, so that you shouldn't only defend yourself from one-one attacking enemy Units which that doesn't make sense.

I hope you Success. Please ask me anything that I can do for this Scenario. I haven't got any experiences in moding Civ5. But as a tester I can come in handy :D

Edit: I would Happy if you make a Scenario For Napoleonic Wars, I can be helpful there!

Top Bottom