WWI Scenario

World War Two map is done. Now I can start on the xml.

I have the Europe WWII scenario done. I am trying to think of a name for it and play testing. The US has been added to the map so it will be a huge map. I've also added leader heads and icons for the major powers. Like I said it will have it's own thread which I will post at some point coming up. I updated the R.E.D. modpack for use with the scenario. Although, I'm thinking of adding some tank destroyers in place of some countries anti-tank guns (such as the USA) to make things look more interesting. The scenario will go from 1922-1952. A few years past the end of WWII. So, it should be interesting. :D

this is a great scenario and I'm enjoying it a lot so far, but for some reason it's disabled city razing for me. the "raze city" option isn't above the buy a tile button like it usually is, it's just gone.

this is a great scenario and I'm enjoying it a lot so far, but for some reason it's disabled city razing for me. the "raze city" option isn't above the buy a tile button like it usually is, it's just gone.

Sorry, I think I turned it off for the scenario. Are you having happiness issues? I am not sure if I added a code to reduce unhappiness for number of cities. I'll look into it. At some point I am going to update this mod. Add leaderheads and so on. Right now though I am working on a WWII mod, which I am play testing atm. BTW I am glad you like it.

I looked and this scenario needs an update. It will take me a bit but it is on the list of things I want to get done.

Has anyone else had problems downloading this scenario? I have one person saying they can't download it, but many others have. I'm not quite sure what to tell them. Let me know thanks.

Hello.I'm very interested in this scenario,looks fun,but I don't know what to do,and what to download,because i'm trying mods the first time.If you could help me,that'd be great.
I tried to download the r.e.d modpack,but when i click on download,it loads,then writes:
,, The webpage at http://media1.gamefront.com/gupload...42181021997527635c852592cf59683226d499b6fcf62 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address."

I have downloaded the WWIMapNew (v 2).zip file. I have placed it to: D:/games/Sid Meiers Civilization V/Assets/Maps folder,but still cant see it in the advanced settings..

I think the problem is that i dont have that 4 mods you were talking about(map, mod, end in 1918, infoaddict).where could i download them?
I have the cracked version of Sid Meier's Civilization V Brave New World,with the 3 scenarios(scramble for africa...etc)
I'm looking forward to getting your answer.I'm using opera,if that matters.
(btw english is not my native language,i hope you understood what i meant)

Hello.I'm very interested in this scenario,looks fun,but I don't know what to do,and what to download,because i'm trying mods the first time.If you could help me,that'd be great.
I tried to download the r.e.d modpack,but when i click on download,it loads,then writes:
,, The webpage at http://media1.gamefront.com/gupload...42181021997527635c852592cf59683226d499b6fcf62 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address."

I have downloaded the WWIMapNew (v 2).zip file. I have placed it to: D:/games/Sid Meiers Civilization V/Assets/Maps folder,but still cant see it in the advanced settings..

I think the problem is that i dont have that 4 mods you were talking about(map, mod, end in 1918, infoaddict).where could i download them?
I have the cracked version of Sid Meier's Civilization V Brave New World,with the 3 scenarios(scramble for africa...etc)
I'm looking forward to getting your answer.I'm using opera,if that matters.
(btw english is not my native language,i hope you understood what i meant)

This hasn't been updated in awhile. You should be able to find info addict in the Civ 5 modpacks forum. WWIMapNew (v 2).zip file goes to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS folder. Then you take the map and place it in here. Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps.

1. Start the game go to mods. Load the mod then back out of the game. Go into the mod and Copy the map and paste it to the maps folder to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps.

2. Start the game again. Enable WWIMapNew (v 2). mod. Choose single player, setup game. Then go to map type. Scroll down and find WWIMapNew. Click back and click the load scenario button. Choose your civ. Then click start scenario. You say you have a cracked game so not sure how it will work. The game and expansions are cheap right now. Look into buying them. You can get them on steam.

I went to the R.E.D. Modpack v.28 and it enables me to download it. So, I am not sure why you can't. It could be the site was down that happens sometimes.

Here I am again.I still can't download the R.E.D modpack,but I've found some other modpacks on the forum.Are these good,too?:

https://github.com/Gedemon/Civ5-RED-Modpack and http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=23246

And if these are not good for this scenario,could you upload the R.E.D modpack,so I can download it?

On the other side,i still tried putting the WWIMapNew (v 2).zip file into the MODS folder,but when i load civ 5,and go to Mods,i see only those three(Djengis Khan,Scramble for Africa and the Americal civil war).

Now I'm downloading a complete edition,with all the dlc's and the three games: Brave New World,Gods and Kings,and the main game.Maybe that will work better,I don't know,but still,I will be trying.
The reason why I don't buy the games,is that I have an old computer,and my parents,of course.

I'm waiting for your answer.

EDIT: Somehow the system has recognized the mod,now I'm moving on to the next steps.I still can't download the R.E.D modpack.

EDIT2: I have managed to start the scenario,but it has some serious bugs.I've taken some pictures,by the way,I forgot to take a picture of the leader of Japan. Nevermind.

These are the only civs I can select.. :

This is the menu,it writes: 14 players,0 city-states. :

The unexpected leaders(except Japan,I forgot about them):

Japan is instead of Amsterdam,and a city name bug can be seen,too:

Something is clearly wrong with Austria-Hungary,and Serbia:

Venice instead of Spain,and the city name bug:

This is it.I will wait for your response,before i'd uninstall this version,and install the new,complete edition.

Update: I have changed my mind,and have installed the complete edition. It works fine,just as i thought :) . The problem was that i hadn't had the Holland,Hun,Spain,Sweden...etc dlcs,but now i have them,and the mod works.
Now the only problem is,that i can't download the r.e.d modpack.

Update: I have changed my mind,and have installed the complete edition. It works fine,just as i thought :) . The problem was that i hadn't had the Holland,Hun,Spain,Sweden...etc dlcs,but now i have them,and the mod works.
Now the only problem is,that i can't download the r.e.d modpack.

Hold on I'll get back to you soon. I'll have the link for the RED modpack in the OP.

I re-downloaded the RED modpack. http://www.gamefront.com/files/24882370/R.E.D.+Modpack+%28v+30%29.zip

Thanks alot,the download worked.I enjoy this scenario,as I'm playing with Germany.
By the way,I have noticed,that lots of civs adopt the Order ideology.
Thanks for the scenario :)

Thanks alot,the download worked.I enjoy this scenario,as I'm playing with Germany.
By the way,I have noticed,that lots of civs adopt the Order ideology.
Thanks for the scenario :)

You are welcome. I am thinking of updating it so ideologies are in place at the beginning. And get rid of the world congress etc. At war there is no need for voting when everyone is trying to kill each other anyway.

I see what you did from you're explanation. You put the wrong file in the maps folder.

You put this one in the maps folder WWIMapV2 (v 1) MODINFO File, size 2 KB. Either that or you put the whole map mod folder there. You should leave that file in the mods folder.

Now...Open the WWIMapV2 (v 1) mod folder. Then inside that folder, copy and paste the WWIMapV2 Civilization V Map the file size should be 148 KB, and add it to the maps folder. Now you should be fine.

Here is the map file that needs to go inside the maps folder, just in case. Extract or copy and paste it to C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps

Have fun! Playing as Russia is fun, you start at war with the Ottoman Empire. :)

finally, why isnt the map and the other mods besides R.E.D. on page one? this is super confusing

Sorry, I think I turned it off for the scenario. Are you having happiness issues? I am not sure if I added a code to reduce unhappiness for number of cities. I'll look into it. At some point I am going to update this mod. Add leaderheads and so on. Right now though I am working on a WWII mod, which I am play testing atm. BTW I am glad you like it.

I looked and this scenario needs an update. It will take me a bit but it is on the list of things I want to get done.

I'm playing as germany and I've taken all of russia, france, italy, greece, austria-hungary and spain so I'm having a few happiness issues lol. I think you did lower the penalties a little, it seems to be lower than it normally is, but now I just have a ridiculous amount of cities and I really need to raze some of them before I try to deal with England and the Ottomans. I've reached the point where there's pretty much nothing else I can do to help my happiness. Thanks for working on this for so long btw.

I'm playing as germany and I've taken all of russia, france, italy, greece, austria-hungary and spain so I'm having a few happiness issues lol. I think you did lower the penalties a little, it seems to be lower than it normally is, but now I just have a ridiculous amount of cities and I really need to raze some of them before I try to deal with England and the Ottomans. I've reached the point where there's pretty much nothing else I can do to help my happiness. Thanks for working on this for so long btw.

In the update I'll set unhappiness for number of cities to 0. I think it is at 2 or 1 now. Tell me do you think it would be a good idea to turn off world congress?

Top Bottom