Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Luddi VII, Jul 30, 2005.
nice, ill try it. A more centtered ww2 campaign. Awsome!
I found some more problems:
-The G.50 Freccia cannot bomb things, even though it has a bombard value. I checked the editor and the bombing mission option is unchecked.
-Italian Paratroopers cannot paradrop, I looked in the editor and they an operation range of 0, while the normal paratrooper has 6.
-Should the M11/39 upgrade into a M13/40? I don't see the point in building a tank 1 less attack and defence when there is only 10 shields difference in price. The same applies to the Cannone da 75 and Cannone da 90.
It is a good scenario you have.
However there are problems with the wonder. I have Spain having indian,south african reinforcement and long range bomber and Turkey having Tito's Partisan.
This looks fantastic!
I'm downloading it now, will report back if I can ever tear myself away
A realy origional idea aswell
Sounds good, I played a CivII scenario once called up the deadly Boot which was an italy centered scenario covering the allied invasion of italy. That'd make a good scenario for Civ III, very focused scale though.
I'm glad you found a use for some of my old units. which ones did you use?
This is quite a good scenario. I like the focus (a very interesting part of the war), and it plays well and quickly.
Unfortunately, I'm experiencing a couple bugs. The game exited without warning when I tried to look at advanced flight, and also when I tried to load my saved game from this scenario (even when I tried loading the autosave from my last turn).
I think Emperor Martyn might be right about the 'retain culture' thing.
Anyway, great scenario. I hope you can fix the bugs.
I'm playing as Italy on Regent level, and am holding my own in North Africa while having conquered Yugoslavia and most of Greece.
I think the loss of culture on capture makes for more realism, in the sense that Italian garrisons in Greece and Yugoslavia never really controlled the surrounding country areas.
The British/Commowealth have razed several cities, some in Syria and Bardia in Libya. I'm wondering why they do this, but I know it can't be edited as it's part of the Civ III AI code or something. Very annoying though.
I'm building up forces in Tobruk now and might have an invasion into Egypt soon - I built the Afrika Corps in Tripoli and now have 3 German tanks to play with!
I'm going to try this at once!
Hope it's as good as your vietnam scenario!
I'll give you some feedback as soon as I can. Great work!
Luddi: I haven't tried this yet, but as there are some people complaining about cities being razed I sugest you change the "Optimal Cities" settings both in "Difficulty Levels" and "World Sizes" to 999.
It may sound strange but I've tried it in a few scenarios where cities used to be razed and it almost stop happening.
I'll try it in my BIC file and tell you what happens.
Luddi: I started a game on debug mode with a "fake" civilization to see if this works ok. Besides that, I'm taking a few notes/opinions on this:
- Most cities are starving right from the start, maybe you should make them smaller or give them more irrigations/happiness
- Portugal is a different country from Spain since 1143 But in this case I understand your option, as we were both neutral (but supporting axis).
I'll add more things as I test this. Overall, this looks great, probably one of the best I've seen
The reason this works is that the AI is much more likely to raze if it's above the OCN.
The Last Conformist: Yes, it should be that. But in my game the British have some kind of fetiche as they have razed an Italian city in north Africa
I am getting booted out of the game right after all of it loads (after selecting it from civ content)
Anyone know why?
I am getting booted after it loads from civ content.
ANyone know why this would happen?
Based on the subject matter, gave this a quick load and look see. Looks very promising at this point and interesting subject.
I had no issues with the game crashing or exiting on me.
One thing I did note is that with Italian and UK ships starting so close to each other, whoever the player selects gets to move first and will gain a huge advantage over the other player in that they can attack and sink the opponents ships without them being able to reply. I would suggest they start a bit further from each other or you wind up with about 4 different battles at sea right off the bat and I don't think you intended that.
One other note is that there were several cities that are starving at the begining because they don't have a harbor or improvement to the land to provide enough food.
If I ever get some time, I will try to play more than a couple of turns at once.
I'm playing Italy on Demi-God and here are some comments:
- Beirut AND Damascus were raized by the Brits... I guess they don't like those cities.
- Italian Paratroopers have a 0 (zero) range!!!
I built a bunch of them to invade Malta and now I'm stuck with them...
- The game is too easy so far. There was only one serious threat, which was a bunch of commonwealth tanks who made a lot of damage near Bardia, destroying an Army. But after Bardia changing hands a few times I eventually contained the threat. Off course I'm not moving forward either.
- The Allied Wonders are being built by Spain!!! Except for the Tito's Partizan's that were built by Turkey. I won't invade Spain now!
* The Italian units should be weaker... they were in trouble in the Balkans and in Africa until the Germans arrived. For instance, why is the Italian Paratrooper better than the regular one? AFAIR, there was no significant italian paradrops in WWII.
* Make a special resource for the allies Wonder and give them only to the 3 allied countries (it would be interesting to see Greece building American Tanks). I guess you could make the same thing for Axis as Spain did TRY to build the AfricaKorps Wonder...
* Change the name of "Spain" to "Iberian Nations".
* Maybe you could make separate ships for the Commonwealth, making them stronger, in order to avoid the Italian Fleet controlling the Med. It could still happen but only after hard fights.
* Eliminate the Armies or reduce their size. This is a general comment I make as Armies are unbalancing elements in a human vs AI fight.
Wow! So many posts! Thanks for all the comments. Interesting to hear about the AI behaviour.
There are many good suggestions. I'll start working with a new BIQ version tonight.
What version of C3C do you have? Have you tried to load more than one time?
Version v1.1 of the BIQ is now released! Requires Conquests BETA Patch v1.20 to play!
Fixed several bugs:
- The Italian units is weaker.
- Added special resources for each axis/allied wonder.
- Changed the name of "Spain" to "Iberian Nations".
- Reduced the size of the Armies.
- British and Italian sea units are placed longer from each other.
- The Italian Paratroopers have been fixed.
- The M11/39 can upgrade into the M13/40. And the Cannone da 75 can upgrade to the Cannone da 90.
In civilopedia, when I try to see the "Governments", the game exits.
Separate names with a comma.