WWII Mediterranean Theatre of Operations

What do you think of this scenario?

• Total voters
Wow! Luddi, I am seriously impressed with this. It looks great!!!! :drool: I don't have time to play it but I had a snoop around. Sweet work! :goodjob:

I could have sworn I posted on this thread before, oh well. This is an great scenario, the strength of the Italian Forces in Africa could be a tiny bit stronger. But I suppose they do eventually get help from the Nazi's.

Nasadude: you should've made the upgrade to Conquests awhile ago, it really improves the game a lot.

- The scenario requires Conquests BETA Patch v1.20 or higher to play.

Where i can find this patch? I have currently civ3c v1.0 (english), just download biq and other files but not the necessary patch :confused:

Thanks

This is the first mod i downloaded with new units/art/text/etc. I'm glad i did it. It's loads of fun, the time in between turns kinda made me a little bit anxious, but compared 2 other WWII mods its relatively fast. However i found a couple things:

1). The Italian bomber that looks kinda manilla/tanish (I can't remembers it name) doesn't have any bombing animation. It just plays the sound and flys over the target.

2). Why can I only build the Afrikakorps in Tripoli? I know they were African, but even tho the DAK resource is in Tripoli, shouldn't I be able to trade it via airport, harbor, or roads to other cities? Btw, if doesnt have a civilopedia entry but I determined that either u probly need 2 have the DAK resource in your city's radius and that it builds a Panzer Tank every 5 turns.

3). The Italians start out with better infastructure, but their units are very much inferior to those of the British, especialy in Africa. I know this was said before, but it makes it very difficult to hold cities in Africa b/c the British have better tanks and infantry and the like and b/c the African cities are so corrupted and such it takes forever just to build a stupid Italian infantry which won't stand a chance against a matilda tank.

4). Italian Navy. I think the italian navy should be a little bit stronger. its just 2 easy for the British to take out your stack that's by Taranto (I think) and then they're free to Naval bombard ur African cities into a pulp. I kno that b/c u have a superior infastructure u can build battleships and such pretty quickly (especially in Golden Age) but I think the italian navy was the strongest in the Mediterannean i saw the stat somewhere ill try 2 find it.

I hope u dont take my suggestions as mean criticism, just ideas. But overall, this mod was fabulous!

Thanks for your feedback. :goodjob:

1) Yes, I'm aware of it.

2) It was to get the AI to build the Afrikakorps only in Tripoli, and not in mainland Italy for example.

3) What if the Italian infantry was cheaper and a bit stronger?

4) I tried to follow the history when I made the scenario, and in the reality the British crushed most of the Italian navy in Toronto in the first days of the war in the mediterranean.

Luddi VII said:
Thanks for your feedback. :goodjob:

1) Yes, I'm aware of it.

2) It was to get the AI to build the Afrikakorps only in Tripoli, and not in mainland Italy for example.

3) What if the Italian infantry was cheaper and a bit stronger?

4) I tried to follow the history when I made the scenario, and in the reality the British crushed most of the Italian navy in Toronto in the first days of the war in the mediterranean.

Aye, those sound good. i am very much aware of the British strike in taranto with the Fairey Swordfish (in fact it inspired the Japanese torpedo attack on pearl harbor) and to resemble this perhaps you could make a Fairey Swordfish torpedo version? it would have less range but would have lethal sea bombardment, and the bombardment attack strength might be increased or decreased depending on what u want. The thing about the AI only building the Afrikakorps in Tripoli sounds good to me b/c in reality they were in africa (hence the name Afrikakorps). Perhaps you could make the Italian infantry maybe a 6/6 and tone down the cost by about 5 or 10 shields? this might give italy a bit more chance in holding the first few cities in Africa. Also, to help italy's chances in winning the war in Africa you could increase the garrisons in the african cities. Another thing I thought of that we didnt talk about is making an Operation Torch or operation husky wonder. I saw that u talked about Operation Torch, but not about husky. If i'm right husky was the Allied invasion of Sicily.

Good suggestions, thanks again :)

But I'm a bit unsure about the husky wonder. What effects should it give? And you know it is very difficult to get the AI to transport units by sea.

that is true. the AI can be very frusturating sometimes. i was also thinking that if u wanted 2 u could expand the mod. there could be two (or three) tech trees for that matter, depending on wat u wanna do with the always AI (example VIchy France or Greece). "Era" 1 could be all-Italian techs, "era" 2 could be all British techs, and if u wanted "era" 3 could be always computer techs. here's some wonders i came up with that u might wanna use

1). American Shipyards (British)-Creates a carrier (or for that matter any other ship u want) in 10 turns
2). Operation Husky (British)-Creates a "Beachstormers (or a different name) unit. They are like regular infantry but have amphibious assault
3). German Planes (Italian)-Creates a Messerschmit (sp.?) BF 109 every 5 turns.
4). Italian Corps (Italian)-Creates a new Italian infantry (Perhaps a 7/6 with extra Health) every five turns.

I think I have the existing tech-tree for now. But the wonder ideas was good. What if Operation Husky produced just regular marines?

Wow how did I miss this scenario when it first came out????
looks great from the previews.

Downloading it now,will start playing it tonight or this weekend and give some feedback.

Thanx for making this luddi.

Yea the husky=marines sounds good. Perhaps u could make the Marines a little bit stronger than normal tho.

Luddi: Having a great time playing this scenario,very well done! A couple of questions/problems:

1.I cant seem to build MG battalions(playing as Italy). Even though I have both oil and rubber in the strategic resources box.
The MG battalion defense is the same as German Infantry,shouldn't it be a little higher?

2.The Italian Paratroopers attack and defend seem very low, pretty much makes the unit useless...

3.I noticed a couple of palette issues like on the German reinforcements lg icon where the civ magenta color shows up near the top.I'm pretty good with fixing these I can try, and then post the corrected file here, if you like.

4.Didn't Germany play a much bigger role in north Africa.I'm not a history buff or anything, mostly just going off what I've seen in movies and stuff.Should they be made their own civ and based in north Africa?

Really enjoying this scenario good work!

Pazza: I'm not having the same problems in north Africa your having.I moved the tank units that were already there to the east and the mg battalion along with some arty and took sidi barrani rather quickly which also produced a leader for me.I loaded the m11/39 and L640 into the army created during the battle and with some fighter and bomber relocation have held the city quite easily.Don't forget you can air transport some mainland inf to north Africa to build up your strength as well.

Edit: Here's an interesting update. It seems the commonwealth, tired of trying to take back Sidi Barrani head on, has done something I have never seen the AI do before.They have gone outside of my boarders where I cant see them, through the desert, and popped up south of Tobruk to launch an attack. I didn't think the AI was capable of such a clever tactic. This is getting exciting!

Here's a shot of the action. Ever see anything like this before?

Attachments

• attack on tobruk.jpg
    attack on tobruk.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 221
that happened 2 me playing as the commonwealth. italy sends italian infantry through the southernest portions of the dessert and come in and pillages my oil. unfortunately, the AI isn't smart enough 2 send more than one italian infantry, but hey, it's a start

Hello again! I've had a terrible virus on my machine and had to delete everything. :( Luckily I think I managed to save some of my scenario files.

Thanks for your response Storm Grunt. :)

I just downloaded it and its spectacular. About the German Afrika Korps, perhaps you could put a city in the desert under German control. Inside that city, put a few panzers and infantry in armies to show the Afrika Korps. Maybe place a king unit named Rommel. Set it to when Rommel gets killed, the Afrika Korps gets destroyed to show them surrendering.

Top Bottom