XML (Advanced) Guide to Adding Buildings and Wonders to Brave New World

Thank you for a fantastic resource, LeeS.
Just wondering, do you know of any mechanic to add a National Wonder requiring either of two buildings in every city? Something like Nuclear OR Solar plant, for instance.

Thank you for a fantastic resource, LeeS.
Just wondering, do you know of any mechanic to add a National Wonder requiring either of two buildings in every city? Something like Nuclear OR Solar plant, for instance.
Not with XML alone. You could do it through lua programs. But if you wanted to pursue that you'd be better off starting a thread in the main creation and customization forum so you could be more likely to get advice from forum members who have more lua experience than I do.

Great info compilation! too bad I did not notice this before coding EUI's tooltips...
"AllowsRangeStrike"
always set to "true" the exact function is still a bit unlcear to me​
doesn't this command give city garrison ranged unit the indirect fire ability (i.e. shoot anywhere in range ignoring obstacles) ?

Cheers

Great info compilation! too bad I did not notice this before coding EUI's tooltips...

doesn't this command give city garrison ranged unit the indirect fire ability (i.e. shoot anywhere in range ignoring obstacles) ?

Cheers
I'll have to look for that effect in the game I'm running. I'm running my Barbarian Spawn Increase mod in a game I'm currently playing for fun and I'm regularly being swamped by barbarians so I should have a good opportunity to check that.

AllowsRangeStrike does nothing (checked in the DLL source code).

it does look though in the DLL to be some leftover from a game design iteration in which buildings bearing this tag were required to allow city range strikes
Thanks guys (guys ?). I'll update that section in the next day or so. Does explain why I never could discern any difference between a city with walls and one without so far as the city ranged attacks go.

Just wanted to drop in to say a huge THANK YOU, this guide is absolutely fantastic and has helped me a lot, not just to understand how things work but it also gave me lots of inspiration by bringing up options I wasn't aware existed.

There is no single file containing all the text keys.

They are contained within folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML for BNW. But as I recall they also inherit some of the text-key definitions from the Vanilla or G&K folders. A somewhat more unified place to look is to use an SQL database viewer program and look at the contents of the Localization-X files within folder C:\Users\[YourNameHere]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache

Top Bottom