1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[XML] Your house rules?

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Baldyr, Dec 5, 2009.

1. killerkebab

killerkebab Chieftain

Lone Wolf, is it possible to use your changes in conjunction with other mods such as the Autoplay expansion tweak?

EDIT: Cancel that, I managed to work out how Corossel and Panopticon made their mods work - they very helpfully added lines such as #Corossel which show you which part of the file they modified and what it does :)

2. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

As to Kremlins effect, it could have something to do with consolidation of power. Either boots stability, generate commerce or alleviate maintainence cost. (Maybe like a mini Palace also affecting neighboring cities?) Or it might give some promotion or experience to mounted units? (Power through cavalry, boyars, Cossacks, what have you.)

The Spanish have an Castle replacement as an UB, so I really don't see the problem from a game balance point-of-view. Ideally I would give a civilization that spans more than 4 eras one early and one late UB. This is also an argument for including the Krelin UB as the second (or first, really) Russian UB.

Well, it's not a bad one, at least. The Gulag system in itself isn't anything specific to the Soviet Union either - it's in fact a very Russian phenomenon. (I personally think we need gulags here i Sweden, but hey, that's just me!:crazyeye:) Sometimes playing Russia I actually build Forts up in the northern reaches of Siberia and move my Great People there - for "safekeeping".;) (They are not likely to be lost if a surprise attack would, say, obliterate Moscow.:eek:)

Do you (or someone else) have a screen shot of the Kremlin building from VD? (I haven't tried it yet myself, as it seems to be a bit buggy at the moment.)

I'd disagree with you there, but its your choice. I think it would be very appreciated if you would mold your work on the UB:s into a separate download (maybe one for RFC and one for regular BTS). The same with your Civics changes - and the rest. I would download them for sure, if only to check them out. If I didn't like something I would just mod it further myself, but I think it would be great to have double the UB:s in RFC!

Sure, there are tons of huge mods out there to check out, but I'm pretty much only interested in playing RFC myself (when I actually do have the time to play anything). Modmods are of high interest, however! So anything that would enhance the RFC experience would be most welcome!

(At the least, I could check your UB:s out when you feel that you've completed the work. I'd be glad to give my feedback on them, if it's wanted.)

I understand - its for your personal use, only. But you don't have to make a big deal out of it, just share among friends and acquaintances. Please?:mischief:

3. Panopticon

Panopticon Utilitarian

I don't think I've ever helpfully added anything. :/ My mods are for my eyes only. :scan: j/k They probably look like a mess, especially the Reformation mod which I wrote while learning Python.

4. Panopticon

Panopticon Utilitarian

To answer the original question, all of my modifications are either upgraded here or they are SadoMacho's old leaderhead expansion or they are Lone Wolf's Varietas Delectat port.

5. youtien

youtien Lyricist

I would like to lift tech penalty margin from 10 cities to 12 or 15. How to do it?

6. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

7. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

1) I grabbed the Baldyr's idea, city ruins grow to cottages; towns work as cities and provide 15% defence.
    2) Unit upgrade cost is 0, it means that all combat units are up to date, no more longbowmen in modern times.
    3) Healing rate in enemy lands is 1% instead of 5%, it means that without medic units warfare is much harder.
    4) Increased feature growth to get "forest has grown near *" faster.

8. killerkebab

killerkebab Chieftain

This more or less negates Germany's UP.

9. killerkebab

killerkebab Chieftain

You're commented lines told me more or less exactly what to take and paste into the *.py files myself. For your dynamic resource mod, after reading the file for a couple of minutes I realised it would be simple enough to make my own changes to it - and I don't even know how to code :p

10. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

Well, yeah... Gonna think about something else. Maybe some new promotions :D. Thank you for pointing it out.

11. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

We've talked about the Swedish UB in another thread, and I had an idea that could be expanded to your entire "second UB mod". (I still think that one should see a wider release when done.)

What about giving every civ a Unique Building and an Unique Wonder (UW)? (Instead of two UB:s.) That would in fact add a new concept to the game! It would simply be a National Wonder (requiring the usual prerequisite buildings) that only one civ can build.

If we're talking about the Swedish civ, as an example, the Soldier Tenant (or maybe the Skans) could be the UB and either the Riksbank or the Ninné Garden could be the UW. See this thread for details on the specifics:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=316820

Other UW:s could easily be found among some of the game's existing Wonders. The Kremlin could for example be a Russian only wonder (or Unique Wonder), even if the hurry bonus effect should be transferred onto another wonder. (Like the Wall Street Wonder, representing investment from the private sector to co-finance large government projects.) This could in fact be made into a modmod where all Civs have their own wonders, for those who like historical correctness or who are just easily disgusted by having the Statue of Liberty in Karakorum or the Eiffel Tower in Babylon.

Like all modmods, it wouldn't be for everyone, thats for sure.;) I'd probably use it, though.:goodjob:

12. patkog

patkog Chieftain

Hey guys,

I have some questions about modding in RFC:

1.) Where can I change the starting units?
    2.) How to disable plague?
    3.) How to decrease the penalties of big empires?

13. fdgsgds

fdgsgds Mustard Enthusiast

1.) RhyesAndFall.py (open with Notepad++ or w/e) -- Units are under the civ they spawn for
    2.) Delete Plague.py
    3.) I think this is in Stability.py (I don't know where to find the penalties)