XX Century Mod

hi, i'm new here but i'm following this forum 4 a while and i guess it's only me (because no one else said something about it) but when i download the mod i get a zip file with only a text file in it who says what the first message here says only in english, russian and german. and the site is under constraction so i doesn't got where to download it from...

ideas, someone?

Okay well, heh.. I guess I didn't have the most recent patch?? :crazyeye: so.. yeah its all good now..:goodjob: Working to perfection, only thing is that some of the countries still aren't there. There is a good deal of countries though. Just a few gaps. Russia is pretty overpowered so if you pick them you might want to set it to a slightly higher difficulty then you're used to.
Not to nag of course but to just point out the name of the city in Kansas is Kansas City, not Cansas. I know you're a Russ so i'll cut you a break, I don't think I could spell very many names of Russian cities properly either, except maybe Moscow, Leningrad, and Stalingrad. Dude. almost forgot to mention. One thing i didn't like was no BERLIN!! There was W. Germ but no Berlin occupied by Soviets or anybody else. Nada. okay it's damn late I'm gonna pass out now lates. :eek:

Again, GREAT Update Andy.

The other things I've noticed with the 2.10 release (other than the map bug when starting as Oz) was the sounds for the Armoured Car and the Anti-Aircraft Cannon are out. They sound like Tank sounds except constant. The only way to shut them up is to sentry the unit. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

The re-skins for the new units look awesome. The Zero looks amazing, and the 7TP looks pretty sweet as well. The T-34 looks righteously nasty, just as it should... :)

Guys who speaked about amount of nations... We can make only 18 civs on a one map. Maybe SDK fixes it, but I'm not sure.
About disappeared text... I think you downloaded 2.06 or earlier, not compatible with 1.61 patch.

One thing i didn't like was no BERLIN!!
Learn history, man. Berlin was capital of East Germany ;)

hi, i'm new here but i'm following this forum 4 a while and i guess it's only me (because no one else said something about it) but when i download the mod i get a zip file with only a text file in it who says what the first message here says only in english, russian and german. and the site is under constraction so i doesn't got where to download it from...
I don't understand you... The link is on the 1 page...

ibcoltscrew said:
I must say good job Andy. The new update is awesome. Now we need Sadam Hussein in the next update :lol: Please Hurry, i wanna save Sadam from Bush...
There will be a lot of other changes in XX-3, even more interesting than Saddam :)

AndyTerry said:
Guys who speaked about amount of nations... We can make only 18 civs on a one map. Maybe SDK fixes it, but I'm not sure.

Learn history, man. Berlin was capital of East Germany ;)

But since there are only 18 nations allowed, why not have Berlin be part of a united Germany?
If the Germans, French and Italians get African colonies, Why no British in Nigeria and Kenya? Why doesnt the USA control Alaska and Hawaii, Phillipenes? Why no French or British colonies in South East Asia?

These things are just ideas that came to my mind to try and fill up the map while still only allowing 18 civs.
Great mod overall I have enjoyed it so far

jinif said:
But since there are only 18 nations allowed, why not have Berlin be part of a united Germany?
If the Germans, French and Italians get African colonies, Why no British in Nigeria and Kenya? Why doesnt the USA control Alaska and Hawaii, Phillipenes? Why no French or British colonies in South East Asia?

These things are just ideas that came to my mind to try and fill up the map while still only allowing 18 civs.
Great mod overall I have enjoyed it so far
I'll keep it in mind ;)

I agree with the suggestions made above, and Andy, you don't even know who you're talking to, i'm a history MAJOR so I know my god damn history goddammittt..!! In fact I don't think anyone who plays the CIVILIZATION SERIES IS NOT FAMILIAR WITH HISTORY OR AT LEAST EUROPEAN HISTORY... :rolleyes: Anyway, like I SAID...... THERE IS NO BERLIN.. IT's not even on the map dude... not in east germ, there is no east germ, just a GAP between west and USSR. Anyway, READ THE POSTS pal, I already made progress regarding my text issue, and it was indeed because of the patch. I had played Civ IV online and figured if I went online it'd automatically update it, but it wasn't, I checked my version and got the patch. The mod is fine, except for a few gaps here and there. Otherwise perfect, cool banners, flags, colors, pace of things, it's all very well done. I haven't gotten far enough into my game with Russia to even get flight yet, it's only 1907 and i'm steamrolling t-34's (which by the way look RAD!!) into West Germany. Hhaha. All the models you made are excellent though so far, I couldn't believe when I zoomed in on the armoured cars how good they looked. Good job!

Mr.Earl said:
Please Tell me you're geeting rid of that horrible picture of Bush in 3.0
Indeed. He will be replacing it with a very rare picture of Bush naked in the shower. Andy even took it himself! :p

HI...great job on the map but i was wondering if u could do the following:

1. enable the presence of Israel in the actual map game, not just a custom map game.

2. put in some new countries like Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Mexico, Australia, Indonesia, etc

ALSO...why can't i play my saved games when i update ur mod?

thank you!

waqas1988 said:

1. enable the presence of Israel in the actual map game, not just a custom map game.

2. put in some new countries like Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Mexico, Australia, Indonesia, etc

thank you!

ummm i downloaded ur mod and i install it and it gives me loads of XML error and it crashes while loading the mod.

ummm i downloaded ur mod and i install it and it gives me loads of XML error and it crashes while loading the mod.

I had the same problem. You have an outdated version, you need the CIV IV v1.61 patch. You can download it from a link on this site or boot up the game go to advanced and update version or look for updates whatever. Then my friend, your XML errors will dissapear, and you can play this mod without trouble. :goodjob:

AndyTerry said:
I don't understand you... The link is on the 1 page...

I know he's on the first page but when I download it it gives me a text file and nothing else.

CalifornianBear said:
THERE IS NO BERLIN.. IT's not even on the map dude... not in east germ, there is no east germ, just a GAP between west and USSR.

The mod is fine, except for a few gaps here and there. Otherwise perfect, cool banners, flags, colors, pace of things, it's all very well done. I haven't gotten far enough into my game with Russia to even get flight yet, it's only 1907 and i'm steamrolling t-34's (which by the way look RAD!!) into West Germany. Hhaha. All the models you made are excellent though so far, I couldn't believe when I zoomed in on the armoured cars how good they looked. Good job!
But... how? Who would get Berlin in that case?..

I haven't done models myself :mischief: I'm not a graphic designer and absolutely incompetent in it :blush:

Mr.Earl said:
Please Tell me you're geeting rid of that horrible picture of Bush in 3.0
Yes, and some other pictures too, e.g. Thatcher, Churchill and Mussolini images will be replaced with new ones.

waqas1988 said:

thank you!
1. No, i think. All of 18 slots are busy.
2. What are you saying about - custom game or map? If about map, Australia is in, and no new civs will be added. If you're about custom game - later I will place complete kist of future changes here.

I think, it is connected with compatibility... New version is made for 1.61, plus some changes in XML...

Shaked said:
I know he's on the first page but when I download it it gives me a text file and nothing else.
Don't know what's the hell. What program do you use to open it? You should do it with WinRAR.

Top Bottom