Yet another hin at CIV VI being released this year

Yes, that was terrible. And he took no personal responsibility whatsoever, and demonstrated no insight as to what he would do differently in the future. I would also note Barbarians at the Gate is still not shipping...

Sure, it is pure profit, but it is not much profit. Isn't the nominal price for Civ5 Complete like $20 if you wait for a sale? Sales seems to be okay, but pretty flat.

I would expect the suits are comparing that to the $60 bucks they can expect on a new version -- with pretty much everyone who has already bought Civ5 as a potential customer.

So I think it comes down to how broken and buggy civ6 development is. Firaxis has demonstrated pretty convincingly that it only need be of beta quality. So I think we will see something in fall. I also agree with the folks pointing out that it could ship any time in 2017 and still be called a 25th anniversary edition.

At The Gates is now set for 2017. But every couple of months he says 'big update next month' but then another month goes by and another and another.

Looking like serious vaporware.

I'd rather get a "beta" earlier, and pay for it, than no-bugs later. If I'm going to buy the game eventually anyway. If you got a call from Firaxis asking to test Civ VI, would you turn it down?

I'd rather get a "beta" earlier, and pay for it, than no-bugs later. If I'm going to buy the game eventually anyway. If you got a call from Firaxis asking to test Civ VI, would you turn it down?

I d throw money at the phone

At The Gates is now set for 2017. But every couple of months he says 'big update next month' but then another month goes by and another and another.

Looking like serious vaporware.

At the gates isn't vapourware but it also isn't fun! It pains me to say that because I can see that genuine love is going into the game but the actual underlying theme of the game has been done in the Pre-Civilization series of games and they are shallow too.

The issue with those games is that in Civ games, you are all starting out from scratch together. You see the other nations grow and fall with a strong sense of 'we are all trying to survive'. In the Pre-Civ games they are closer to settling your first city in 200 turns into a game of regular civ. The main events have happened, you are trying to survive and coming up from the back of the pack.

People who enjoy playing on Diety will enjoy the Pre-Civ games and by extension At the gates, but I imagine that number of the player base is small.

I'll wait till it's released, pay for it, then beta test it.

Might be a little odd but why on earth are they updating a package for Beyond Earth Pre-Order when the game has been out for ages? Could it be possible Firaxis snuck one in under our noses renamed as something else or are we gonna get some DLC? I'll leave this up for debate.

https://steamdb.info/sub/49455/

Might be a little odd but why on earth are they updating a package for Beyond Earth Pre-Order when the game has been out for ages? Could it be possible Firaxis snuck one in under our noses renamed as something else or are we gonna get some DLC? I'll leave this up for debate.

https://steamdb.info/sub/49455/

Either a complete edition is coming which would signal the end of BE with the expansion, pre-order bonus, base game and possibly starships all being rolled into 1.

OR

A new expansion is coming out for BE that will possibly be the 2nd and last expansion so the above will happen anyway but at a later time.

OR

They are going to upgrade the pre-order package to be different as they roll up the existing pre-order bonuses into the base game.

OR

its redundant, since the game has long been out now and so they intend to re-work it to be buyable DLC for those who didn't pre order.

I suspect that last one to be the most likely from a business POV

OR it may not even be CIV:BE related at all, they could be masking Civ6 under an older title ID instead. E3 is less than a month away and the timing seems right so there is that. Worth pointing out that the ID is masked intentionally by steam, to prevent early title leaks, so while we still see Civ:BE pre-order bonus, the actual title is obscured to us. It could even be big rigs off road racing 2, we wouldn't know until the title of the ID is changed.
recycling IDs* does have problems though so this strongly hints more at a CIV:BE 2nd expansion than it does at being CIV6

Got to admit, I would be surprised by a 2nd expansion at this point though.
*talking about steam ID numbers is way beyond the scope of this topic.

Either a complete edition is coming which would signal the end of BE with the expansion, pre-order bonus, base game and possibly starships all being rolled into 1.

OR

A new expansion is coming out for BE that will possibly be the 2nd and last expansion so the above will happen anyway but at a later time.

OR

They are going to upgrade the pre-order package to be different as they roll up the existing pre-order bonuses into the base game.

OR

its redundant, since the game has long been out now and so they intend to re-work it to be buyable DLC for those who didn't pre order.

I suspect that last one to be the most likely from a business POV

OR it may not even be CIV:BE related at all, they could be masking Civ6 under an older title ID instead. E3 is less than a month away and the timing seems right so there is that. Worth pointing out that the ID is masked intentionally by steam, to prevent early title leaks, so while we still see Civ:BE pre-order bonus, the actual title is obscured to us. It could even be big rigs off road racing 2, we wouldn't know until the title of the ID is changed.
recycling IDs* does have problems though so this strongly hints more at a CIV:BE 2nd expansion than it does at being CIV6

Got to admit, I would be surprised by a 2nd expansion at this point though.
*talking about steam ID numbers is way beyond the scope of this topic.

If that was the case though...

- A. It has the base game (39.99)
- B. It has the SDK (free)
- C. It has the Expolanets

Under Apps those three are listed.

Also under history it lists as far as 2 years ago, so this is I'd say 99% BE.

It looks to me that they're shuffling around the ID of the thing.

I would love it to be Firaxis hiding the package under a different title, mainly because BNW was discovered in the Steam App files. It would be funny if they were concealing it so they can get the most effect come E3. All said and done I just hope we get Civ VI this year for the 25th Anniversary.

I have the sense they are going back to October release dates, as in late October. Traditionally, they never announced the civ titles with a lot of ahead time, so for a late October release they still have plenty of time to announce.

The real question probably is: will the 2K suits stop the milking of the V cow when it is still giving some good milk, or will they force a year-skip for the sake of said milk (that is pure profits for the last 2 years or so)?

... and there you go! :D

Plus, Ed Beach... and tiles out of city... :D

almost as if I was an insider. :D

looks like this thread can be closed now. And to think I am still playing G&K at prince so I still have lots of civ 5 to play (upper level G&K and then BNW).

Top Bottom