"You kept your expansion promise"

ProphetMaster

Warlord
So, if I keep the no expansion promise for the promised number of turns, may I then settle in the area without diplomatic penalty?:)

Yes, after you have kept the promise you will once again gain a "freebie" without getting a diplomatic penalty (and the AI will probably once again ask you not to settle near them) - but that city will still cause the AI to consider you a valuable target because of then shared borders.

Yes, after you have kept the promise you will once again gain a "freebie" without getting a diplomatic penalty (and the AI will probably once again ask you not to settle near them) - but that city will still cause the AI to consider you a valuable target because of then shared borders.

Thanks. I kept the promise, but purchased a couple juicy tiles within the cultural border of his capital. He warned me about that, too. Again, I did not buy any more tiles, but he later DOW'd anyway. He lost the war.:D

Speaking of which, is it just me or has the AI become even MORE annoying after these patches? I haven't played in quite a while, so I just played one game recently and Kozlov would just repeatedly come and complain to me to "stop acquiring lands next to him". I got that after I bought one tile right next to him, didn't do it again (just didn't need to after that), and I didn't create any new outposts anywhere near him, but he just wouldn't shut up telling me to stop expanding next to his borders. What did he want me to do, prevent culture from growing my cities or something? Is the AI just getting dumber with every patch?

Speaking of which, is it just me or has the AI become even MORE annoying after these patches? I haven't played in quite a while, so I just played one game recently and Kozlov would just repeatedly come and complain to me to "stop acquiring lands next to him". I got that after I bought one tile right next to him, didn't do it again (just didn't need to after that), and I didn't create any new outposts anywhere near him, but he just wouldn't shut up telling me to stop expanding next to his borders. What did he want me to do, prevent culture from growing my cities or something? Is the AI just getting dumber with every patch?

It is kinda funny. I am more a CIV4 player than BE. In Civ4, if you settle next to Monty early, he will just declare on you without a lot of formality. In Civ4, they don't come begging for handouts ("favors") every few turns. That is a part of this BE game I have not figured out yet.

I found the AI acting smarter since the last patch. At least, more aware of potential build orders and the like.

Acquiring land is for purchasing tiles. It isn't affected by Culture growth, though if you can reliably prove (or at least show some correlation) that it is, then that's probably a bug report.

I found the AI acting smarter since the last patch. At least, more aware of potential build orders and the like.
They still use the same building flavor system and the numbers for normal Buildings has not changed -> It's just your imagination.

They changed numbers for the wonders though.

Acquiring land is for purchasing tiles. It isn't affected by Culture growth, though if you can reliably prove (or at least show some correlation) that it is, then that's probably a bug report.

Well, that's the thing, the text says something along the line of "your ACQUISITION of land has become worrying" or something like that, so I guessed he was just upset over me buying ONE tile (I know, boo-hoo, go bother someone else), but then he wouldn't shut up about it for the rest of the game, even though I never bought another tile, close to him or otherwise.

Top Bottom