1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

You promised to move your troops away but you broke it!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by mclericp, Mar 3, 2014.

1. neilkaz

neilkaz King

Yes for certain. A few games ago much of the good dirt around me was going quickly and I wanted my 3rd and 4th cities and the clearly best spots were up near an AI civ so I settled both (one hard built one purchased) on the same turn and bought 3 tiles I knew I wanted as well before their cities could grow into them (yeah I had plenty of cash saved up).

Of course then the AI complained and I promised to not settle near them anymore, not planning to make any more cities anyhow.

I'll change the subject here but it isn't OT since it still is about promises. Twice I've tried stealing two artifacts from the same civ on the same turn, and this gets a diplo penalty as the game interprets as already having told you to stop. I now just take one and be done with it if wanting good relations.

2. BigChiefLizzy

BigChiefLizzy Warlord

Same here. Also I have an up-to-date army sat around costing me gold in maintenance, begging to be used, so I finish off more of their cities. Then another AI (next door neighbor), refuses to trade, and starts with the petty insults and denouncements....

Me: 'Ok Pal? You want some too, eh?' (DOW)

:mischief: