Your Biggest Mistake

3) Nuking a weak neighbor strictly for the comic relief only to provoke the rest of the world into dog-piling me.
Ouch! That's probably the worst one yet. :nuke:

Once I was going for Diplomatic victory, and I kept coming up short on votes. Once, for no particular reason, I abstained rather than voting for myself, and that was the one time I could have won :mad:! After that, it was back to me not having enough support, and I think I eventually got a Time victory instead.

I was the only civilization who had access to Ivory. So i took my time building the Statue of Zeus. (well considering i had a lack of shields) after i completed it (the only wonder i built in this match) 2 turns after. it was obselete.

NOT 1 CAVALRY PRODUCED:aargh:

^^^ ouch :(

going for a 100k victory , massively under built on military - about 20 turns from winning, lost about a quarter of my empire in 2 turns to a cavalry invasion (40 cities) - still won though about 50 turns later than I should have done.

I went for a 20K cultural victory. Had RoP with some AI (don't remember who) and forgot to put defenders in the 20K city. BIIIIIG mistake. Guess which city got RoP raped just a few turns before my victory. [pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed]:cry: :cry: :cry:

it was my first time i put all my units outside my citys then when i declared war i died in 10 turns:lol: :lol:

Some good one's everyone.

I have two.
My first game I put a settler on a galley to see if I could catch fish:splat:
(I didn't know you could move citizens around until later).

Another was in a zero research training game SG I took fascism (it was in the research queue) as one of our free techs from ToE. :blush:

When I posted my turnset you could see a virtual :rolleyes: from the trainers Rik Meleet and Bede. Pretty embarrassing to say the least.

Another was in a zero research training game SG I took fascism (it was in the research queue) as one of our free techs from ToE. :blush:

Whomper, I'm speachless... I'm surprized Rik and Bede don't have that tidbit in their tag lines... :p

Oh ya, Go CUBS!

In my first game I played in complete I got a settler THE FIRST TIME I POPPED A BARB HUT!!!!!! This was about 3 minutes/ 5 turns into the game. However this is not the bad thing of course!!

What I did was rather stupid. I sent my settler about 15 turns into the marchland to get that perfect spot without checking the build button. Anyway 15 turns later there wasn't a build button and I was in the middle of a field of marsh. I didn't know what was wrong and why there wasn't a build botton so I sent my settler back to my capital (another 15 turns) and discovered you can build cities, just not on marshland. So that was 30 wasted turns!!!

Oh ya, $300 large and they still stink. :D

I forgot whether it was $200M or $300M. Thanks for the reminder. :wallbash:

The Cub's sould be Team Gong's mascot: "At the bottom and digging". I'm going to bop over to the team pub right now and make that suggestion.

Cub's Magic#: 146, Elimination#: 137, Not good.

Hmmm, should include a blunder blurb....

Ah, Here's one from earlier in the week... Started a Regent, yes Regent, game to go for a stupid early win w/ the boys, and got to about 40 moves into the game and told Tokugowa to stuff his demands down his robe. Didn't quite notice the warrior w/i striking distance of the capitol. Things did not go well. I hit the fridge for a beer.

Top Bottom