Your biggest RTW battle

I once fought the SPQR's most powerful army (1300) with only 300 men. I was lucky to win because I deployed my cavalry to early and only had 2 left. But by god I was able to defeat the enemy army.

How did you win?

Luckily I quickly formed up a plan that tricked the Romans.

I focused all of my Armored Hopites into a circle so I could not be flanked, in the center of this circle was my Spartan Hopites, not in Phalanx so they could move fast. I got lucky. The Romans focused their attack on one side of my circle, I opened the circle and caught the Romans in a Pincer movement. I had the Spartans run around and form a new circle with move of the enemy army caught in the center. I didn't really have them in a circle but I had the spread out then. And once one unit begins to rout the rest seem to fall apart too.

I fought a battle as the Huns against one of my neighborus. I had 2000 men, maybe less, I can't remember for sure, and they had 6000. I won. Somehow. Despite that that was ont of my first battles in RTW (BI).

In M2:TW as England, I had a great battle against Scotland. Whoever won the battle had clear passage to each others country. I won. :trophy:

Each side had about 1500 men.

I forgot to take a screenshot of this battle I just fought, but it was awesome.

I am the Seleucid Empire.

I have a general and about 400 men (each milita hoplite unit holds 80 men) holed up in Pergamum.

Pergamum is besiged by a Pontic army two thousand strong.

When they storm the city, I plug up the street entrances to the plaza with hoplite formations, supported by a unit of archers, thracian mercenaries, and a few peltasts (i mean like 20 guys) and of course my general.

I killed 1900 Pontics and lost maybe a hundred men. I hold the city!

I made a HUGE 11,000 man battle in Alexander with me commanding the greeks and the other three nations attacking as one. They lost really badyl. My calvalry easily swept them aside. Unfortunately I pressed enter accidently so I didn't see the battle report:mad:

I forgot to take a screenshot of this battle I just fought, but it was awesome.

I am the Seleucid Empire.

I have a general and about 400 men (each milita hoplite unit holds 80 men) holed up in Pergamum.

Pergamum is besiged by a Pontic army two thousand strong.

When they storm the city, I plug up the street entrances to the plaza with hoplite formations, supported by a unit of archers, thracian mercenaries, and a few peltasts (i mean like 20 guys) and of course my general.

I killed 1900 Pontics and lost maybe a hundred men. I hold the city!
Pontus is unbelievably weak in the game without a human player.

Show some respect to Mithridates and Pontus, CA!

Pontus is unbelievably weak in the game without a human player.

Show some respect to Mithridates and Pontus, CA!
This is because the Eastern factions just keep on training eastern infantry instead of horse archers and cataphracts. :crazyeye: They can be better is the AI is improved.

This is because the Eastern factions just keep on training eastern infantry instead of horse archers and cataphracts. :crazyeye: They can be better is the AI is improved.

If Pontus and Armenia had trained more than three units of Cataphracts in the entire game thus far, they could have easily removed me from the game. But they didn't, and I crossed the Cilician Gates meeting nothing but Eastern Infantry and Skirmishers. Egypt, though, is making me bleed for every inch of desert I take. They're Pyyhric Victories, but victories nonetheless.

If Pontus and Armenia had trained more than three units of Cataphracts in the entire game thus far, they could have easily removed me from the game. But they didn't, and I crossed the Cilician Gates meeting nothing but Eastern Infantry and Skirmishers. Egypt, though, is making me bleed for every inch of desert I take. They're Pyyhric Victories, but victories nonetheless.

The Egyptians are defiantly a pain... I've come into conflict with them dozens of times. However, I never really took the time to invest into an Invasion of Egypt. Except for 1 game:

I was the Brutti, I had an Army sent from Greece and landed at Alexandria (The Egyptian Navy was huge, but so was mine, I brought about 12 Ship Units in all) I was lucky enough to land my Army right near Alexandria and seige the city. I ended the turn and I was forced to fight 3 Battles. It was Chaos, but I was able to hold out and completly destroy the City Garrison and capture the City. That was the start of the Egyptian Fall...

In 10 Turns I was able to Throw the Egyptians back past Jerusalem. Im planning an Invasion of their Turkish Possesions and Im Seiging Cyprus. But Im sad, now, I have no major challengers left but my fellow Romans :(

I was surprised my men held out as well as they did, my General killed at least a score (20) of the enemy alone.

This was the defece of Sarkal, that little town to the far east of Russia. I was on my way to take it and when my armies arrived there the Turks had just finished sieging it.They were swiftly forced out and for the next years they lost several small armies as my army fought it's way into the Caucasus mountain range. Lost 3 generals to them now :( But I retook the town!

Just had another great battle in M2:TW. Terrain CAN make a huge difference to the direction of a battle.

I was the Portuguese, and my foes were the Moors. My army was lead by Prince Affonso, who I was trying to train to be a perfect general. The Moors attacked me with a large, 3/4 stack army composed of desert cavalry, archers and spear militia. They were at the bottom of a huge (and I mean huge) hill. I, meanwhile, was at the top. :D

My archers and crossbows were positioned on a ridge, and could fire directly down at the enemy. Naturally, they fell like flies as the arrows bounced off their rather unprotected heads. Even soldiers what made it to the top were too tired to fight my spear militia gurading the only passage to the top of the hill. I only lost around 30 men, out of about 470.

Just had another great battle in M2:TW. Terrain CAN make a huge difference to the direction of a battle.

I was the Portuguese, and my foes were the Moors. My army was lead by Prince Affonso, who I was trying to train to be a perfect general. The Moors attacked me with a large, 3/4 stack army composed of desert cavalry, archers and spear militia. They were at the bottom of a huge (and I mean huge) hill. I, meanwhile, was at the top. :D

My archers and crossbows were positioned on a ridge, and could fire directly down at the enemy. Naturally, they fell like flies as the arrows bounced off their rather unprotected heads. Even soldiers what made it to the top were too tired to fight my spear militia gurading the only passage to the top of the hill. I only lost around 30 men, out of about 470.

You should post this in the Your biggest MTW battle thread.

The Egyptians are defiantly a pain... I've come into conflict with them dozens of times. However, I never really took the time to invest into an Invasion of Egypt. Except for 1 game:

I was the Brutti, I had an Army sent from Greece and landed at Alexandria (The Egyptian Navy was huge, but so was mine, I brought about 12 Ship Units in all) I was lucky enough to land my Army right near Alexandria and seige the city. I ended the turn and I was forced to fight 3 Battles. It was Chaos, but I was able to hold out and completly destroy the City Garrison and capture the City. That was the start of the Egyptian Fall...

In 10 Turns I was able to Throw the Egyptians back past Jerusalem. Im planning an Invasion of their Turkish Possesions and Im Seiging Cyprus. But Im sad, now, I have no major challengers left but my fellow Romans :(

Somewhere in this forum is my story of how, as the Scipii, I fought a Rommel-Monty style war back and forth across the Sahara with the Egyptians. Eventually I got tired of getting nowhere, made peace, and then built up and sent around 15 fully packed post-Marius-reform armies into Egypt and annihilated them.

As for this Seleucid game we're talking about now, I just finished my conquest of Aegyptus. I've gotten the war machine cranking, and I've taken over Pontus, Parthia, Armenia, Egypt, the Greek Cites' foreign posessions (Rhodes, Pergmamum, etc); Scythia was just stupid enough to attack me, my glorious armies are only two turns' march from Campus Alanni :evil:

Top Bottom